Profile for Mr. M. A. Spridgeon > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. A. Spri...

Mr. M. A. Spridgeon (Southampton, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Clogau Gold 9ct Rose and Yellow Gold Pendant with Chain of 47.76cm
Clogau Gold 9ct Rose and Yellow Gold Pendant with Chain of 47.76cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Clogau, 3 Jan. 2015
Purchased on a lightning deal, and for £349 this item appears great value.
The pendant is small and discreet which is exactly what I was looking for.
The chain is thin and light, so met my needs perfectly.
The detail is wonderful and the gold colours are stunning. A necklace I will cherish for many years
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2015 6:44 AM GMT

Kipling Messenger Bag Madhouse Blue - Canard Cognac
Kipling Messenger Bag Madhouse Blue - Canard Cognac

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic design, 3 Jan. 2015
A very stylish messenger bag, that mixes the traditional Kipling style and material with a funky strap and logo of a striking brown colour.
This item has a great expanding feature zip around the middle that almost doubles the size of the bag - the only downside being the temptation to overload the bag and make it weigh too much.
The front pocket is handy and there are plenty of segments to help separate your items.

The monkey Johnny is also a beautiful brown colour that makes him look like a premium version compared to some of the more bland greys or blacks.

Overall a highly recommended bag

Moleskine Hard Black Page Album Pocket (Moleskine Classic)
Moleskine Hard Black Page Album Pocket (Moleskine Classic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, but useful, 26 Dec. 2014
I purchased this to allow me to carry a small album around so I could showcase some of my best photos in a traditional print format.
This Moleskine product is well made, and certainly looks the part. It is durable so you can pass it around friends without worrying about bending pages or damaging it in other ways.
However, the pages are slightly smaller than I would have liked and therefore print sizes need to be even smaller to be mounted safely.
The absolute maximum size would be 5in by 3in but I feel that would lead to problems with the book. I suggest the best size would be 4.5in by 2.5in. At that size you will have a great looking album.

Disney During World War II : How the Walt Disney Studio Contributed to Victory in the War (Disney Editions Deluxe)
by John Baxter

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspired, 23 Dec. 2014
My interest in Disney's contribution to the war effort was originally sparked on a trip to Kodiak Island, Alaska in 2012.
Whilst there I saw a Alaska Defence Corps patch that was so obviously Disney I started to look into it.
So when I saw this book appear I immediately placed the order.

The book is 10 inches square and 182 pages deep. The print is of the highest quality and the layout is easy to follow.
The book is split into 5 chapters covering (1) Training Films, (2) Propaganda, (3) Entertainment Shorts, (4) Military Insignia and (5) Gremlins (the feature that might have been)
A book that contains wonderful images, but more importantly a wealth of knowledge about a part of Disney folklore that rarely gets discussed. The book has been extensively researched and will contain details even hardcore Disney fans won't already be aware of.

A specialist Disney book that will exceed the expectations of any Disney fan who is interested in the war era

Mr. Moustache (Mr. Men and Little Miss)
Mr. Moustache (Mr. Men and Little Miss)
by Adam Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cause and good book, 22 Dec. 2014
Great addition to the Mr Men series, with an enjoyable tale.
The link to Movember is great, I hope more classic style books are released if they are linked to raising awareness of a good cause.

The press out moustache was good, I believe it will last us for a long time as long as we remember to put it back in the book at the end of the story

Pigeon Street Characters T-Shirt (x large)
Pigeon Street Characters T-Shirt (x large)
Offered by Kapow Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Pigeon Street classic, 22 Dec. 2014
A great t-shirt which fitted as expected on high quality material.
Looked exactly like the picture, and has washed well on the first few washes.

If you know someone who loved Pigeon Street, they will love this t-shirt

When The Light Is Mine [DVD] [2014]
When The Light Is Mine [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ R.E.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fans of early R.E.M., 22 Dec. 2014
Another great collection from R.E.M. in 2014.
This year appears to be have been a special one for clearing the archives and letting fans return to the glory days.

This DVD covers just the IRS years, up to and including songs from 1987's Document album.
Another set that will sit well in an avid R.E.M. fans collection, but probably won't hit the spot for a casual fan.
I like the mix of original pop videos and live performances, and the extras are just as enjoyable as the main event.

Finally lets me put my VHS version of Succumbs into the vault as this more than adequately covers that period.

Apple MF063ZM/A Smart Cover for iPad Mini- Yellow
Apple MF063ZM/A Smart Cover for iPad Mini- Yellow
Offered by Valutech Ltd - Choose Express Delivery and Order by 2pm for Nextday Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and great quality, 22 Dec. 2014
I wanted a light and flexible cover for my ipad mini that would look different to my friends whilst keeping my gadget safe and sound in my bag.
This item fits the bill perfectly, easy to attach and stays on all the time.
Looks interesting with the yellow cover, and never feels in the way.

Highly Recommended

Kipling Women's Olvie Wristlet Wallet K1062583I Canard
Kipling Women's Olvie Wristlet Wallet K1062583I Canard
Offered by The Necessity

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely large wallet, 14 Nov. 2014
A perfect large wallet that easily fits all my cards and cash in it.
You can fit far more in than you would expect, yet it remains fairly compact as you cannot fit wide items like a camera in it.
This means it will always slot nicely into another bag - and is easy to find as its size doesn't allow it to hide.

Made with the traditional high quality of Kipling, feeling well built and with a great colour that matches a couple of my other bags.

Highly recommended

Mr. Men: 100 Postcards
Mr. Men: 100 Postcards
by Roger Hargreaves

4.0 out of 5 stars Great postcard collection, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Mr. Men: 100 Postcards (Hardcover)
A good collection of postcards, made of sturdy cardboard and in a quality box.
My favourite postcards are the ones that look like traditional book covers, whilst my wife prefers the cartoon style story cards.
If you like Mr Men, there will be plenty of cards in here that you will love, and all at a very reasonable price for 100 cards.
I would pay £2 a card if I was on holiday looking at these.

Highly recommended