Profile for klynn > Reviews

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 [DVD] [2015]
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually shocked me., 31 Mar. 2015
i haven't finished reading the series and have been hooked by the films so far.

This instalment seemed to keep my interest and actually shocked me with the ending I didn't know about! It's a long time since I was shocked and I actually quite enjoyed the gravy that this was Part 1 so the film was left on a tantalising cliffhanger- not all wrapped up nearly and sugar-coated.

Shifting Shadows: Stories From the World of Mercy Thompson
Shifting Shadows: Stories From the World of Mercy Thompson
by Patricia Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 31 Mar. 2015
As always, exceptional. I have been in love with these characters and these books for years so I am a little biased.

This is a collection of shorter takes that really answers questions and drags you even deeper into the world of werewolves and things that go bump in the night.

Buddhism: Beginner's Guide: Bring Peace and Happiness To Your Everyday Life: Volume 5 (Positive Psychology Coaching Series)
by Ian Tuhovsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 31 Mar. 2015
Concise, neat and nicely written. A good short foray into the very basics of an incredibly rich cultural choice.

German Shepherd Dog: An Owner's Guide (Collins Dog Owner's Guides)
German Shepherd Dog: An Owner's Guide (Collins Dog Owner's Guides)
by Peter Neville

2.0 out of 5 stars General wish-wash..., 31 Mar. 2015
I'm a bit disappointed with this to say the least. It came on time exactly as stated but I think that previous reviews had bolstered my confidence in purchasing this.

It is, at best, a dog book.

Yes, I know I bought a dog book but I wanted more than that. I wanted a GSD book. I've owned dogs, I know the history, I know that if they're sick you take them to the vet and I know how to groom them. This is all this book gives with a very general, sweeping, vague look at the GSD. It has that 'the GSD is a dog like no other' feel. Well yes, I could have guessed that myself.

I am now no clearer on the pure characteristics and nuances of the breed and I guess you only get that from breeders and pet owners. This book was written by a Dr and you really notice it- No charm, bare bones fact. I am no closer to making an informed decision about whether this is the breed for me...

A Perfect Blood with Bonus Material (The Hollows Book 10)
A Perfect Blood with Bonus Material (The Hollows Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another corker..., 11 Dec. 2012
An absolute PLEASURE to read. I couldn't put the damn thing down for three days.

Rachel Mariana Morgan is back and finally accepting that life is moving on without her. Realising she needs to be what she has feared becoming gives her new and just as action packed life direction.

I adore Trent. I'm glad he has Rachel's back and the simmering emotions and changing relationship between the two is addictive. I'm also glad Ivy and Jenks have lives outside of their friendship with Ms Morgan. Previous books have tended to give the two characters nothing more important than Rachel and this was a little draining.

If you loved the devilishly demonic and super complex Al in previous books you'll be happy to see him again here. If only for a few minutes as Rachel lets him know she's still alive. We also see the return of Cerridwen Dulciate here in a new role, following on from the last book.

So, grab yourself a double Grande latte light on the foam, heavy on the cinnamon with a shot of raspberry and settle in for another great ride.

Airhead
Airhead
by Meg Cabot

3.0 out of 5 stars Freaky Friday-ish..., 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Airhead (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This story had been done before. A thousand times. This is nothing new if I'm honest but it is cute and quirky with some chuckles thrown in for good measure. Cute and an easy start to a new series.

What I Saw and How I Lied
What I Saw and How I Lied
by Jordan Cray

3.0 out of 5 stars A change for me., 26 Nov. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not really the kind of book I'd pick up of my own accord but I actually found the storyline quite gripping in places although I didn't really feel any real connection to the lead role in Evie.

I have nothing to compare this book to (in order to help other buyers get a feel for the new) as I don't usually read this kind of genre.

Glee: The Music, Volume 6
Glee: The Music, Volume 6

3.0 out of 5 stars A good accompaniment, 1 July 2012
If you love Glee and enjoy the fuzzy-feeling the show gives you, you can now pop this onto your ipod/blackberry/other clever little device and listen on the go.

Not one of my favourites but I know and love all the songs so it's okay to sing along to whilst cycling to work or to put on really loudly in the house for a bit of kareoke cleaning duties...

A nice pick me up...

Luck: What It Means and Why It Matters
Luck: What It Means and Why It Matters
by Ed Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A present for Dad, 1 July 2012
Unfortunately I've not read this title. I bought it as a pressie for Dad after a request for a copy. He'd heard a review on Radio 2 or something and liked the sound of it.

He read it in one sitting.

That for me is high enough praise. Why else would you sit for an entire day reading if the book is rubbish? So, go ahead, buy this as a gift and be in the good-books (pardon the pun) for a while! :)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars another nice little gift, 1 July 2012
This was bought for mother in law (ish) after a request for one she could wear on holiday in Goa. We didn't want to spend a fortune on gold that could possibly be lost on the beach or in the sea but mother in law doesn't wear silver. I struggled to justify the cost of terrible quality base metals with gold plating, remember the copper coloured rubbish you get under that teensy minimal amount of gold plating sometimes?! Well, I didn't want that as this was a gift.

This product was the answer- gold plating over 925 Sterling Silver. One of the VERY FEW decent weighted/thickness/types of chain available to me at the time.

The chain had a nice weight to it and the clasp is strong and secure. MIL had it bought for her last October and has never taken it off (the sizing is good even though 10" sounds rather big it is an ANKLET and this length sits nicely and is easy enough to get on) so the gold is wearing thin in places.

This is easily remedied; most jewellers (try independent stores on the high street) will send items off for re-plating at a small charge. We will get this done on this item in the near future but to be honest, for the price, this is an excellent gift!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6