Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for SenorNeek > Reviews

Content by SenorNeek

SenorNeek

All Rights Reserved Vol 1
All Rights Reserved Vol 1

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Acosta's Best, 13 Jun. 2012
If you remember the days when men were...well, wasted and the women were...well, also wasted and the trance was PUMPING, then these two discs are for you.

No-one quite does it like George does (OK, used to).

Disc 1 is FIVE* PERFECTION.
Disc 2 only gets a three - dunno why Georgie went off the boil. There are a few good tracks (2,4,10) but nothing compared to the dancefloor bliss inspired by disc 1.

Not many folks outside the US like George's style of trance but those of us that do, love it.

Thanks for the memories, George.

(BTW, his new stuff is $#!^)

Release Pm Edition
Release Pm Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but still GREAT, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Release Pm Edition (Audio CD)
Apart from track 1 and the last 2 tracks, this is a fine, fine party/driving disc.

Must be listened to at TOP volume.

If you want something from 2001 or thereabouts, to remind you how good trance music once was - and how much FUN - buy this album.

ENJOY and dance yer butt off!

A State Of Mind
A State Of Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 May 2012
This review is from: A State Of Mind (Audio CD)
Maybe I'm old, maybe I like my music to fast and too loud, maybe I just don't like mix-a-lite radio cheese.

I LOVE this these albums. Yeah, the mixing could be better but the track selection is superb.

This is what a really good club night sounds like - hard, unrelenting, uplifting trance.

I've played this to a party at top volume and they went mental. This isn't for chilling in the car or playing after dinner, it's for a dirty party, where you can shake your @ss.

Anyway, that's my view...

ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 4
ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Not hot, not cold, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: ANJUNABEATS VOLUME 4 (Audio CD)
Yeah well, everyone is falling over themselves to anoint A&B as the British saviours of trance.

Well, based on this album, I dunno. Tracks 1-7 are neither here nor there - a bit insipid and uninspired (and uninspiring) really.

North Pole is a great track but just about the only version of a track on this album that I like. Which, is weird, cos there are many artist on the album that I love - super8, levi, koglin & n.oxide.

After N.Pole, things don't really get much better...from owning a few of A&B's cd's, it's become clear that it's as if they lose interest in some mixes or are simply going through the motions.

Disc 1 of Trance Nation mixed by them is BRILLIANT, for example, but this disc is just too bland - just like goldilock's porridge, it's not too hot and not too cold.

As per the review above, rather get the mix by steve strangis - it's AWESOME.

Toronto 09
Toronto 09

1.0 out of 5 stars Agree with "An alternative viewpoint" - NOT GOOD, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Toronto 09 (Audio CD)
Man, I LOVE Markus Schulz's work but this is RUBBISH.

Disk 1 is plodding and boring, not even enlivened by Markus's own (DAKOTA) tracks.

Disk 2 is more of the same old, same old.

Some of the CHEESIEST lyrics to EVER grace a trance album (and THAT is saying something) - what the heck is a song like, "Power of American Natives" doing on this CD? I mean, "I believe in the power of american natives" - W.T.F was he thinking to remix this clunker?

If you loved Amsterdam, Las Vegas and Prague, you probably won't like this at all. I don't and repeated listenings haven't made me any fonder of this. In the bin, methinks.

Touched
Touched

5.0 out of 5 stars UNFARKINGBELIEVABLE!!!, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Touched (Audio CD)
If you can get hold this gem from US DJ George Acosta, PURCHASE IT.

Disk 1 is a warmup for George but is still pretty bloody excellent. It's trance - similar in tempo to Disk 2 from most other trance DJs.

Disk 2 is - even after all these years - one of the finest mixes of foor-stomping, headbanging, DANCE music I have heard, before or since.

Not for those of you who swoon over Tiesto and the like.

Acosta's best work by a country mile (though parts of State of Mind & All Rights Reserved run it close).

Still cannot believe he's from the USA.

Godskitchen
Godskitchen
Offered by Smaller World Future

5.0 out of 5 stars Disc 1 is a cooker!, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Godskitchen (Audio CD)
Disc 1 by relatively unknown Aussie, Steve Strangis, is a roof-lifter...worth the price of entry alone. Disc 2 is anjunabeats 4, which is a little too restful for my tastes but i may grow to like it on further listening. Good tunes from 2006!

Prague '11
Prague '11

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Since Amsterdam '08, 16 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Prague '11 (Audio CD)
Definitely his best release in the "cities" series since Amsterdam '08.

I have had both discs on repeat in my car for over a week and they get better with every listen.

Definitely harder and more upbeat than '09 and '10 (only just). I prefer it when Markus's sound is more trancey as opposed to progressive.

Great to listen to and to dance to.

GREAT DOUBLE CD!

Visions Behind Expressions
Visions Behind Expressions

2.0 out of 5 stars Not George's best, 14 Nov. 2011
Well, I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed - even as a long-term George Acosta fan.

What has George done on this album? Where is the genius that was apparent in "All Rights Reserved 1 & 2", "State of Mind" and "Touched"? The hard edge is gone, the mixing isn't great and George appears to be going through the motions.

If you liked the above-mentioned albums, you WON'T like this one. Well, you might like this album if you like vocals - lots and lots and lots of unrelenting vocals.

I don't think I managed to listen to the end of a single track...what a pity!

LAS VEGAS 2010
LAS VEGAS 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: LAS VEGAS 2010 (Audio CD)
My first purchase of a MSchulz album and I was more than happy with it, esp since I'm not usually a fan of US DJ's. In fact, Mr Schulz does a great job on disc 1, albeit a little too chilled for my liking. Disc 2 is a great mix of recent trance tracks, reminding me at times of (earlier) George Acosta in its unrelenting, uplifting, hard-edged mix.

Superlative mixing and a great track selection make for great listening in the car - I'll report back once I've subjected a party to the mix.

Finally, this album has re-awakened my appreciation of judicious use of vocals on a trance album. Most vocals on trance/prog house tracks make me want to blow up my stereo as they're either cheeeezeeee or cynical but they seem to hit the right spot on this album (disc 2). Also, it softens the sound for female listeners (read: wife) and makes them more receptive to listening to a whole album.

I have placed the whole back catalogue of MS on my xmas wish list...that's how impressed I am.