Profile for john keska > Reviews

Content by john keska

john keska

Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter
Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this as being the best on the market according to reviews, 4 Feb. 2016
I purchased this as being the best on the market according to reviews. Having some 5000 slides to convert to digital I thought this my ideal solution. Thus far I have converted about 200 and although the process is relatively seamless the results are less than satisfactory. My slides are 35mm Kodachrome of an expedition to Pakistan taken at altitude and obviously a lot of snow and white peaks.. the snow fields are generally blown out and a lot appear under exposed using this equipment. Having had some of the slides converted professionally in the past with amazing results I am more than disappointed with the images using the Wolverine. No amount of work with Photoshop could correct the poor image transfer.
If you value your photographic memories then look further afield. This was a complete waste of £160.00

Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography
Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Every photographer should own this Book, 16 Sept. 2013
I purchased the E book and although I have not yet read it cover to cover so to speak what chapters I have looked at are easily explained with the lay person in mind. The video's are wonderful and help reinforce everything. If a geriatric and slow to learn amateur photographer like myself find it easy then you will not have a problem. Very highly recommended and you can sign up for free updates! How good is that?