Profile for ChrisFrank > Reviews

ChrisFrank

Airfix 1:72  Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a Military Aircraft Series 1 Model Kit
Airfix 1:72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a Military Aircraft Series 1 Model Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Classic kit error?, 19 Feb. 2013
I purchased this kit and was immediately looking forward to putting it together. However, as I opened the box I was unhappy to find both the instructions and decals missing. As a beginner modeller this has prevented me from doing anything but painting the kit as I am unable to find instructions for it anywhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2014 7:27 PM GMT

Blood Speaks
Blood Speaks

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong progression for Sussex's Fairies., 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Blood Speaks (Audio CD)
By the time Jessica Davies and Katherine Blamire received the publicity boost of a Jack White endorsement in 2009, they'd already been refining their sound together for a decade. Blood Speaks shows exactly that - a highly polished product.

Elements from first album 'Through Low Light And Trees' remain key in the Fairies newest offering; minor key laments on which their voices entwine elegantly around guitars. However, this second offering presents a hardened Smoke Fairies.

Album opener "Let Me Know" is gripped by self-possession ("my destruction is mine to own") and lust ("I see you coming like a weight of bricks/ 'Cause I wanna kiss you after we call it quits"). Second track "Awake" exquisitely unleashes the Jessica and Katherine's darker side. "On a day like this, I fight through the city I live in/ Hope that there's something left to give to you," goes "Hideaway", the line riding out shivering guitar and grinding bass.

"Blood Speaks" brushes away the 'difficult second album' and delivers an album that is as powerful as it is beautiful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 1:51 PM BST