Profile for Filmfan > Reviews

Great item, great price

Blue Smoke and Madness
Blue Smoke and Madness

3.0 out of 5 stars A perhaps over generous 3 stars, 14 Sept. 2014
This is a difficult one to review as I did read it to the end & kind of liked it in parts. Did find the writing style quite juvenile so won't be reading any more of this writer. Note to author - check spelling of 'bass' - not 'base', when referring to musical sounds. An annoying repeated error which jarred. Quite surprised at the 4 & 5 star reviews and think that a 2 or 3 is more accurate. I'm going on the generous side because the idea of the novel was an interesting one even if she did not pull it off.

Nintendo Handheld Console 2DS - Black/Blue
Nintendo Handheld Console 2DS - Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great build !, 16 Jan. 2014
I understand a lot of people feel this console is perfect for childrens' hands. However I am an adult and find the product really easy to hold and very sturdy. My son has the 3DS and he prefers his because he likes to store it in his pocket (although he doesn't use the 3D function as it makes his eyes hurt). I really don't like 3D so that and the £99 price along with the build quality meant there was no competition for me. I admit I wasn't sure about the design when Nintendo first released but I love it now. I did buy the case to store it in though as I want it to keep it in perfect condition but that was only an additional £8.

Dixit 4 Origins
Dixit 4 Origins
Offered by LA BOISSELLERIE

5.0 out of 5 stars A little more demanding than the others, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dixit 4 Origins (Toy)
We have all the Dixit add-ons but I have to say this one feels rather different to the others. Amazing art as always but I'm just glad we are used to playing it as we all found it harder to be creative with these. Mind you we have only played the new cards once so far & I'm sure it will get easier. The difficulty only makes the game more brilliant though as I'm pretty sure the fault lies with us not the cards. I just hope they will continue making new decks.

The Fountain [Blu-ray]
The Fountain [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone but perfect for me, 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Fountain [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just watched this movie last night and want to watch it again right away. I can understand some of the comments here regarding the slim storyline but the movie is an experience & for me the experience was very emotional. The theme of refusing to let go of a loved one really resonated with me & so I found the while film incredibly moving. The scenes with the Tommy & Izzi living in the 'current time' were for me the strongest...just wow! Watch it with an open mind & you may find something in it too.

Dixit 3
Dixit 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out! Same cards as in 'Dixit Journey', 24 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Dixit 3 (Toy)
Great expansion as you would expect. However 2 things to note:
1. there are actually 81 new cards in this box not 84 (the additional 3 cards are copies of cards in other Dixit sets which you may or may not have)
2. These cards are the same as in 'Dixit Journey' which is also available to buy on Amazon. Dixit Journey was released for the US market it seems whereas we in the UK were getting Dixit 3 expansion. Good idea as it saves money for us but thought I should point it out in case someone buys both in error.

Beauty and the Beast/Belle's Magical World/ Enchanted Christmas - Triple Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Trousdale

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 movies in 1 slim-line case, 16 Nov. 2011
Great value 3 movie set. I note the mention from another reviewer about lack of hologram. Disney have confirmed to me that many of their DVDs are now not including a hologram. Not sure why as it does confuse people over whether an item is legitimate or not but I would advise that you check the back for the 'Region 2' symbol and if any doubt check with the seller before buying. Marketplace sellers should only be selling genuine Disney UK DVDs so report them if they are not. Also if you buy from a 'Fulfilled by Amazon' seller you should be just as safe as buying from Amazon :)

Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)
Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)
by Robin Hobb

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better, 3 Aug. 2006
I am still reading this, the second book in this series.

I am really enjoying it. It is not as good (obviously) as the previous trilogies - everybody loves Fitz & the Fool, but it is getting better and better as it goes along.

Navare is getting a bit more likable (you could hardly say that of the first book) and Hobb's individual style it still there.

Read it even if you did not think much of the first book - hopefully the last book in the series will top this one.

Breathe
Breathe

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as 'Move Me' (another CD heard by nearly no one), 27 April 2006
This review is from: Breathe (Audio CD)
I'm a big Midge Ure fan and this album is certainly one of his best. Stand out tracks for me are : the title track, Guns & Arrows, Live Forever & Lay My Body Down.

Buy this and then get 'Move Me' (if you can as it is hard to find). I loved Breathe but Move Me just about topped it.

Great music - spread the word.

Move Me
Move Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - Totally Brilliant (but why so hard to find?), 26 April 2006
This review is from: Move Me (Audio CD)
After being let down by another online retailer and have today received my CD from an Amazon Marketplace seller.

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of this album. I love Midge's music anyway but this just blew me away.

It is in parts great synth pop and incredibly moving tracks that really brought tears to my eyes.

Why is this CD so hard to find? With all the chart trash around here is something very special indeed.

Buy it here on Amazon if you can.

Page: 1 | 2