Profile for Gareth T. Clements > Reviews

To Lose My Life ...
To Lose My Life ...
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Depressingly Deplorable......, 9 April 2009
This review is from: To Lose My Life ... (Audio CD)
Before reading my review I think its important for you the reader to understand when I first listened to this album I was looking forward to doing so,excitedly placing it in my CD player, I wanted it to be good I really did.

Unfortunatly dreams arnt always fufilled, I read White Lies where being likened to The Killers in their 80's influences. Now Im not sure about influences but certainly meaningless lyrics seems run a constant between both bands. I was warned it would be a depressing listen and it is, only its the level of song writing not the noise itself. It lacks emotion, direction and meaning. Theres prehaps to alright songs 'Unfinished Business' and 'From the Stars' but even their weak. It will undoutably fall into the genre of 'Indie' which is now nothing more than an extension of pop and be played non-stop by Jo Whily, who will of course love it.BUT DONT BE FOOLED!

All in all im sure there'll be a lot of 'hype' around this band almost all undeservingly, plaese dont fall into the trap, no one with a real ear for music would have let this band enter a recording studio...Let alone release an album.

To conclude they should have named this album "To lose my will to live" i think it would have been more accurate
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2011 10:39 AM GMT