Profile for L. M. Boreham > Reviews

Content by L. M. Boreham

L. M. Boreham

USB C Power Bank RAVPower 26800 PD Portable Charger 26800mAh (Faster Recharged in 4.5 Hours and USB-C Input, 30W Type-C Output) for USB Type-C Laptops, 2016 MacBook Power Delivery Support
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I love that I can charge my MacBook at the same ..., 17 Jun. 2017
I love that I can charge my MacBook at the same rate as the Apple wall charger (29W). This charges my MacBook at 30W 15V, compared to non USB-PD batteries which charge at 5V and barely keep up with usage. Similarly it can be recharged quickly. It can also output at 5V for charging other devices.

The only problem I have had is that occasionally, when connecting to my MacBook by USB-C/USB-PD, the MacBook charges the battery instead of the other way round. The flow can be reversed by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. This is not mentioned in the instruction leaflet. The excellent RavPower Support have sent me a replacement because they think mine was doing this too often. So far the replacement has not done this.

iPhone 7 Plus Case, Thinnest Cover Premium Ultra Thin Light Slim Minimal Anti-Scratch Protective - For Apple iPhone 7 Plus | totallee The Scarf (Black)
Offered by Totallee EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good fit, very thin, 15 May 2017
Very good fit, very thin....almost like using the phone with no case, except that it has more grip than the bare phone. Obviously not for people who want protection. The case lip does not come above the glass, so phone cannot be put down glass first.

This Is the One: Sir Alex Ferguson - The Uncut Story of a Football Genius
This Is the One: Sir Alex Ferguson - The Uncut Story of a Football Genius
by Daniel Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one: Sir Alex Ferguson- the uncut story of a football genius by Daniel Taylor, 17 Sept. 2007
I never expected a book related to football to be so amusing, but "This is the one" really is. It's not just entertaining but intensely informative, with the engaging additional fact that it written from the football journalist's point of view, which I found fascinating. Daniel Taylor certainly knows his stuff, but so much more importantly than that, he knows how to deliver it to his readers. By the end of the book I almost felt as if I knew Sir Alex Ferguson, moreover, although Daniel Taylor does not shirk from describing him "warts and all", his portrayal of the man shows a genuine affection for him which inspires affection in the reader too.