Profile for Morven > Reviews

Content by Morven

Morven

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Light/Medium Mineral Magic 3 in 1 Self Correcting Mineral Powder 10g and Profess
Offered by JML Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed!, 29 Oct. 2016
Bought this product because I was getting fed up faffing about with foundation and make-up sponges, so thought I'd give this a go. Have tried powder foundation before and felt it looked too 'cakey' and matte, but this stuff is great! It goes on in seconds and just looks like my skin - only better! I won't be going back to my old foundation now- I'll be sticking to this. I should say that I'm a very fair-skinned blonde and this product looks totally natural on me.

The Pre-War House and Other Stories
The Pre-War House and Other Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting..., 28 Sept. 2016
This is a beautiful collection of short stories. Moore's evocation of character, time and location is excellent, and the stories are all haunting and poignant...sometimes leaving the reader to add the final piece of the jigsaw. I will read these again and again. Thank you Ms Moore.

The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscent of Highsmith, 26 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Lighthouse (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully crafted tale which has the same steady progression towards its inevitable outcome as the best of Patricia Highsmith's novels. Won't appeal to everyone but I think it's an excellent piece of writing.

The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker Series Book 1)
The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good adventure story...., 26 Sept. 2016
....but not very well written. Despite its flaws I quite enjoyed this. The details about the plague are gruesome and the protagonist is a likeable character, if more than a little clichéd. Technically, the writing isn't great, and much of the action really isn't plausible, but it's the sort of thing that would make a good film or TV adaptation.

Pack Of Three 25 Litre Recycling Bins (Bin Lid Colour Will Vary)
Pack Of Three 25 Litre Recycling Bins (Bin Lid Colour Will Vary)
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of a two stage recycling process..., 25 Sept. 2016
These bins are great and have really smartened up the recycling area in my kitchen. They are much smaller than I had visualised ( the measurements are correct but I'd pictured something bigger) so they don't hold much. (They are the size and shape of ladies hygiene bins.) I'm using them under a small table and when they're full (doesn't take long) transferring the contents into my old recycling bags to transport to the dump. Really pleased with them. Good quality and fast delivery.

Fitflop Women's Superloafer (Nubuck) Loafers, Blue (Supernavy), 5 UK 38 EU
Fitflop Women's Superloafer (Nubuck) Loafers, Blue (Supernavy), 5 UK 38 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wearing slippers!, 20 Sept. 2016
My second pair - bought brown ones earlier this year and as they are so comfortable I snapped up these blue ones when I saw them on Amazon at a good price. The sole/ footbed is quite thick and cushioned and you really do feel as though you're walking on air! Love them.

Orla Kiely Womens Small Bpk Canvas and Beach Tote Bag Persimmon
Orla Kiely Womens Small Bpk Canvas and Beach Tote Bag Persimmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and stylish, 19 Sept. 2016
Another lovely design by Orla Kiely. Quite small (the dimensions are in the description so I bought it because I wanted a smaller bag) so it means that I'm not carrying too much stuff when I'm out and about.

A Passage to India
A Passage to India

4.0 out of 5 stars Proof reader required!, 23 July 2016
Enjoyed the novel, though it felt a little on the long side. As other reviewers have noted, this edition is FULL of typos and errors.

Bird Alarm Clock Wood
Bird Alarm Clock Wood
Offered by Equinox Japan | Shopping from JAPAN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more stylish than a regular clock!, 1 Feb. 2016
Cute little bird which has a choice of two different bird songs or a standard alarm 'bleep' to wake you up. The digital display is not illuminated, so difficult to read ( but no glare = a good thing); to find out the time you squeeze the bird and an automated voice announces it. The voice which tells the time is not obtrusive- my husband checks in the night and it doesn't wake me - and the birdsong is quite gentle too.

A Lovely Way to Burn: Plague Times Trilogy 1
A Lovely Way to Burn: Plague Times Trilogy 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best..., 1 Feb. 2016
I'd read and enjoyed a couple of novels by Louise Welsh previously, so thought this would be a 'safe bet'. I was so disappointed! This has an implausible plot (or, more accurately, a plausible scenario- a plague- dealt with in an implausible way) and is populated by cliched characters. I actually had to go back and check that this was by the same talented writer who produced 'The Cutting Room'.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5