Profile for Schmo > Reviews

Content by Schmo

Schmo (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Leegoal Magic Small Vacuum Suction Cup Hook Home Necessities(Set of 2Pcs, White)
Offered by vankel

3.0 out of 5 stars Over two weeks to deliver. Even though brand new, they were grubby and the plastic isn't well cut., 4 Dec. 2015
The pack of two I received came from China so took over two weeks to arrive. I felt a bit bad as I could have bought them from the UK making less of a carbon footprint(!).
I've purchased a few of these suction hooks and have a few which came with other products.
Unfortunately, the quality and standard of these Umiwe are by far the poorest which is probably reflected in the price.
They arrived in a bag (in a padded envelope) and do not appear to be used. However, they were quite grubby and marked with black grease and another coloured substance both on the outside and inside between the hard plastic and rubber suction.
The plastic hasn't been cut from its mould well. Both of the hooks I received had straggly bit of plastic I had to cut off with sharp scissors. Also the quality of the plastic isn't as good as all of the other suction hooks I have.

I've given them three stars because they seem to do their job (to hold smaller items) and for the price, you can't really complain.
I also have very flat, large bathroom tiles with 'rectified' edges that are very smooth so most suction gadgets stick well, therefore, I can't really comment on how well the product sticks.
For me, I want a little more quality so I've spent more and bought stronger, sturdier ones.

High Grade 8l Ice White Wham Plastic Flip Top Waste Bin
High Grade 8l Ice White Wham Plastic Flip Top Waste Bin
Offered by BARGAIN DEALS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sized bathroom bin that can be placed right up against a wall., 25 Nov. 2015
I just wanted a plain and simple compact bin for the bathroom that could be placed against a wall, nothing fancy or 'designer'. For just over a fiver, this bin is excellent value for money.
The size is just right, it fits next to the small space by toilet and it's not too small - so bigger than a table top bin (see my pictures).
I wasn't sure about the lid as I thought it would hit the wall when opened but it doesn't even touch it (again, see pictures).
The lid fits well onto the bin with a little click so won't easily be knocked off but don't expect a sturdy click.
The plastic has some straggly bits that can be snipped off but it's so minor for what it is.
Am very happy with the purchase and the seller who wrapped it well (FunkyGadgets).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hallways Bean Bag Refill 6 Cubic Feet Of Polystyrene Beans Hallways ®
Hallways Bean Bag Refill 6 Cubic Feet Of Polystyrene Beans Hallways ®
Offered by HallwaysHouseholdTextiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Appear to be similar to filling in other brands., 20 Nov. 2015
I can't really say what 6 cubic feet in polystyrene beans should be but a sack roughly the size of 1' 8" across was delivered. The balls vary from 2-5mm (I know, I'm switching from imperial to metric, sorry!) and are spongy but seem a good quality for the price.
Compared to my Fatboy beanbag, it's probably 1/4 - 1/3 the size so I would say it fills a child's beanbag.
Looking at the beans in the Fatboy, the beans also vary between 2 - 5mm with only very slightly more of the smaller balls being present. On inspection (giving them a squeeze) they feel more or less the same.
So in comparison, the price for similar beans is really very good. I'll update over time to see how they fare.

Anorak Kissing Squirrels Fine China Mug
Anorak Kissing Squirrels Fine China Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice print, okay mug., 19 Nov. 2015
I'm not familiar with this brand but the person it was bought for, mentioned the print in passing which, brought me to this mug.
The mug itself is of a moderate weight and the handle is large and thin which doesn't sit naturally when held. If you prefer the feel of a heavy, chunky mug (which I do), this isn't the mug for you.
The print is a wrap-around transfer and the top glaze is thin and shiny but not glossy. You can feel, very slightly, the transfer if you run your fingers over it.
On the mug I received, the transfer alignment is very slightly off (I'm one of those annoying people who notice things like that) but apart from that, the print is clear and the colour is consistent.
For the price, it's not bad. Of course you can get some really decent mugs from the local supermarket (surprisingly) for under a fiver without paying for p+p so for this mug, you're paying purely for the print design rather than the quality of the mug or transfer on it (unfortunately).
As an everyday mug, it's fine. The print stands out but the mug itself doesn't. I just hope the recipient doesn't notice that!

Aisen Foldable 6-Tier Shirt Hanger - Over Door Hook - Indoor and Outdoor Airer
Aisen Foldable 6-Tier Shirt Hanger - Over Door Hook - Indoor and Outdoor Airer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality that will last., 17 Nov. 2015
Very well made. The plastic is thick and solid. The joins look durable although I never assume plastic joins last forever, however, these do look better constructed than most. The idea is brilliant and excellent for those renting, living in small flats or for those who like to do ALL their laundry in one day. I don't always have enough available hangers so this airer is ideal. They are a little closer together than I would like but it's minor. I particularly like the idea of the hangers being foldable as well as extendable - all problems that you've had but tended to ignore.
Definitely a good addition to the larger airers.

Yonex W-8423 Socks 3 Pack, Size- M
Yonex W-8423 Socks 3 Pack, Size- M
Offered by YC Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, providing extra support in the shoe., 17 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Yonex W-8423 Socks 3 Pack (Misc.)
After playing beginner-badminton quite regularly for a few weeks, I noticed my everyday socks were getting worn and stretched. I bought some cheapish badminton trainers to reduce the excess movement, but then my normal socks started to rub against my feet more since the trainers were a more snug fit compared to normal trainers.
I didn't think these sports socks would make a difference but they really have. They've VERY comfortable for socks that fit close to the foot. They're much thicker but also springier(?) than other sports socks I've had in the past. They provide additional padding without applying pressure so making the trainers fit better which I didn't realise was possible. They also wash well and the colours don't run.
Bought a Medium for size 7 feet (womens). The design is neutral so can be worn by both male and female.
Being a Japanese brand, they use centimetres rather than shoe sizes and each pair has the size written into the material around the arch of the foot (you can see it in the photo) so you can check to see if they'll fit.
I would definitely recommend these sports socks for badminton if you play quite regularly (even as a beginner).

Trendform Assorted Monsters Rubber Expression Magnets, Set of 4
Trendform Assorted Monsters Rubber Expression Magnets, Set of 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Swiss made but cheap glue used, 17 Nov. 2015
UPDATE:
The magnets fell off two of the monsters. This happened about a month ago. It's quite disappointing, but can be fixed with super glue.

ORIGINAL: Very vibrant, solid colours. Very well made, clean edges, no dodgy bits of rubber left uncut or features of the face which are 'not quite' perfect.
Very good quality and in packaging that could be used as a gift. Is a 'cute' product but more 'fun' cute than 'Hello Kitty' cute.

Stainless Steel Round Steamer Rack Stand 6 Inch Diameter 2 Pcs
Stainless Steel Round Steamer Rack Stand 6 Inch Diameter 2 Pcs
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars No more soggy bread., 17 Nov. 2015
Good height - not too tall so it doesn't reduce steaming space too much. Can also be used upside down when bread buns are being steamed so lifts them enough to avoid any contact with water. Hasn't appeared to rust but I don't allow them to sit in water.
Good size for dumplings when using baking paper as a liner. Definitely worth having the pack of two as I often have to use stacked steamers.

FunkyBuys® Barrier Mat Large Grey /Black Door Mat Rubber Backed Medium Runner Barrier Mats Rug PVC Edged Heavy Duty Kitchen Mat(80 X 140 Cm)
Offered by Lastminute Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars it's very good. The rubber edges haven't curled up and stays ..., 17 Nov. 2015
Was a little unsure about how it might appear quality wise but as an entrance mat, it's very good. The rubber edges haven't curled up and stays on the tiled floor, although it does move a little over a week or so (very minor). It sweeps up well and the grey/black colour doesn't seem to show dirt easily. For the price, it's excellent.

Mens Classic Checked Polar Fleece Trouser Bottoms Loungewear in Red and Blue red xlarge
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipient was sceptical but now admits they're very comfortable and provide warmth, 17 Nov. 2015
Recipient was sceptical but now admits they're very comfortable and provide warmth. Bought a Large to fit a 36" waist and 5'11" height. There's good backside and thigh room. The quality matches the price - the seams shrink a little after washing so you have to gently stretch when wet/damp.
For the price, they are excellent and worth having two pairs of.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3