Profile for M. Compston > Reviews

Content by M. Compston

M. Compston (Belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Replacement Earpads, 2 Pcs Foam Ear Pad - Cushion Repair for Bose Quietcomfort 2 / 15 / 25, Ae2, Ae2i - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement and comfortable, 6 Oct. 2016
Excellent replacement to Bose cups. Very comfortable too and easy to fit to the headphones.

Rheme Premium Universal Hard Case For Sat Nav - Suitable for all 5 inch and of Some 6 inch devices including TomTom start 25, Garmin Nuvi Series Navman and Navigon Brands
Offered by Best Digital Market

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Oct. 2016
Oversized for 5 inch Garmin sat nav, yet the opposite side of the interior is too slim to accommodate the car charger and window/suction mount. Very disappointed and going to return item.

Ricks Road
Ricks Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly their greatest album, 8 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Ricks Road (Audio CD)
OMG, always been a Texas fan but this is possibly their best album, can't believe I only discovered it recently. I'm a bit of a completest with my music and knew I would own this at some point but I was so impressed. I had always loved 'White on Blond' album but this makes it sound....dare I say...a tad manufactured and commercialised. I still love White on Blond but Ricks Road it more raw and rocky. It is in my top 5 albums now. Charlenes voice is up to the usual standard and perfectly suited to the rock tracks. She should have done another album like this.

Britax Römer EVOLVA 123 Combination Car Seat, Group 1/2/3 (9 - 36 kg), Collection 2017, Black Thunder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for second car, 8 Mar. 2016
Great item for second car and it does have a reclining block/wedge, must remove seat to adjust though but i have never needed to do this. I didn't go for the more expensive 'plus' option and am glad. I think the only difference is the harness tensioning which didn't seem to be very effective on the 'plus' model anyway; I tried them in a shop first.

The fabric design is nice (especially for dads car). I have no complaints. This was a cost effective solution and great for grandparents car too.

SUNNY SAIL UNIVERSAL GRACO MIRAGE BUGGY PRAM STROLLER shade parasol substitute Sun & Wind shield
Offered by Baby Travel Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Universal?? Perhaps my mistake!!, 8 Mar. 2016
This was posted as 'universal', but it must mean universal for Graco strollers as it didn't work on my Silvercross. Perhaps it is my mistake!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple fix, 8 Mar. 2016
Really useful for keeping prying hands and little fingers out of cupboards

AmazonBasics Universal GPS Vehicle Power Cable with Mini USB Port with 1.3 m Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 8 Mar. 2016
Great replacement for my damaged Tomtom charger.

BT8500 Enhanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone - Trio Handset Pack
BT8500 Enhanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone - Trio Handset Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply very disappointed, 8 Mar. 2016
I have a few gripes with this product. After a bout 24 hours use I had to return it. Firstly and most importantly the sound quality for the person on the other end of the phone is terrible. The first evening I used it, both my mother and mother in law complained that they could barely hear me. As the item came with no instructions i had to frantically run through menus and internet searches. I say frantically because of my other serious gripe with the phone....the call blocker. It literally block calls....ALL calls unless you save the numbers to the phone and set them up as allowed.

The way it works is when any caller calls, i.e my mum, your phone line is turned into a call centre and the caller is asked to select an pption and state their name, then the handset rings and a recorded message tells you the category and name of the caller and gives you options to allow, always allow or decline. So it took about a minute for both callers to get through. Therefore you need your entire phone book set up in advance to avoid this, but anyone calling from their work number may not be recognised. This would be a lengthy manual process and is not what i expected.

Another grip I have will not be of concern to everyone but the base unit rings. This is only a problem for me as the only socket for the base unit is in my toddlers bedroom so it woke him unexpectedly with loud ringing. Our previous base unit did not ring. perhaps this could be a problem for others as it sounds the same as the handset so if you find yourself searching for a handset, you may be confused by the ringing base unit but this is probably not an uncommon feature but one that will be a consideration for me that I hadn't thought off.

I am simply very disappointed. I usually investigate 'Best Seller' items more thoroughly as they are not always 'best'. MEanwhile I am still looking for a phone replacement.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2016 8:44 AM GMT

Beautiful Beginnings Shampoo Eye Sheild
Beautiful Beginnings Shampoo Eye Sheild
Offered by Miss Sunshine Boutique

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work very well on my toddler. The water ..., 8 Mar. 2016
Doesn't work very well on my toddler. The water runs through the elasticated centre and onto his eyes. It is cheaply made but it seems to eb the elastic itself that does not form an adequate seal. As this is what I was trying to avoid and it is now in the bin, I can only give it one star.

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for My Passport Essential

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, not basic at all!!, 5 Feb. 2015
Perfect cost effective solution for my 'WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 HDD'. A bit unfair that it is 'Basics' as it is of very good quality. I was pleasantly surprised that it has an inner mesh on one inner half to secure the USB cable an elasticated strap to secure the HDD. The inner lining is in a nice bright orange colour which complements the black and the subtly branded Amazon logo on the zip pull.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4