Profile for ROWLADNS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Parenthesis in Eternity
A Parenthesis in Eternity

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit, 20 Feb. 2017
One of the best spiritual book written. Read it with the bible if you like to know a deeper meanings behind the teachings of Jesus.

The End of Days: Armageddon and Prophecies of the Return (Earth Chronicles)
The End of Days: Armageddon and Prophecies of the Return (Earth Chronicles)
by Zecharia Sitchin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for our times, 11 Aug. 2015
This is a powerful book for our time as civilisation gets to breaking point you can see clearly that what has gone before is just history repeating itself, fascinating to think that these things were written about so many many years ago.

What is Art?: Conversation with Joseph Beuys
What is Art?: Conversation with Joseph Beuys

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book about Joseph Bueys, 11 Aug. 2015
Still reading this book, it is very interesting and worth taking your time and rereading it, The forward is good and thought provoking and you get a real sense from the book of how an artistic mind should work from the heart and soul of your being and you can look at art in a new light that is not exclusive but social rather. Exclusivity In life is your choice especially with art and in Joseph Bueys case you are only excluded by prejudice which is always founded on the sandy ground of ignorance. Take your time to learn to look at life with meaning no matter if you call yourself and artist or not.

This is where for me Bueys shines above other artists who really paint for there own self glory rather than to explore the world with you. You can not help but see the spiritual nature of the creative act as part of the expression of nature. He is a foundation of artistic study that is transforming and giving rather than shocking and sensational which after reading this you will see the cheapness of a lot of modern art and why there is a general sense of dismissiveness from the general public.

IFI Audio Icannano Enhancer for Headphones Portable XBASS 3D Holographic Silver
IFI Audio Icannano Enhancer for Headphones Portable XBASS 3D Holographic Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 11 Aug. 2015
For the money this is very good value and did the job and one of the best mobile amps on the market for headphones. It is not HiFi in the highness of things you will have to pay well more than twice for that but it is a good up grade from the mobile and iPod on their own and battery life is simply fantastic.

The Infinite Way
The Infinite Way
by Joel S. Goldsmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading this book, again and again and again..., 11 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Infinite Way (Paperback)
I think everyone should read this book, all Joel Goldsmith's books are a must read but if you only had time or do not know his work this is where to start. It provides a way of thinking and acting in life that is based on Jesus, via the writings of John and Peters letters in the Bible, it gives a spiritual interpretation to the message and what is so often lacking in church today, there should be no dogma just learning to connect to our inner sense of truth and express that in life. You can read and read again and as you begin to understand where he is talking from that there is only one truth, one God and that we are all connected and a part of the same consciousness of God, you see that it is not the name of the God or religion that matters but the inner connection to the true spirit that we all have in us but seldom take the time to get to know and live out that knowing.

The Kingdom of God Is Within You
The Kingdom of God Is Within You
by Leo Tolstoy

3.0 out of 5 stars good book to study and use for reference, 11 Aug. 2015
An interesting book, but a dry reading experience, good book to study and use for reference.

Live At Massey Hall [VINYL]
Live At Massey Hall [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful recording that is best listened to on Vinyl., 2 July 2013
Just a classic live recording that can not be faulted. I had a good copy on CD and then wondered for a year or so if i should get it on vinyl... well I can tell you that this is a must have; so much better as the vinyl captures the air of the night so much better than CD ever can. 5 Star +

Octonauts - Here Come the Octonauts [DVD]
Octonauts - Here Come the Octonauts [DVD]
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids just love it, 7 Mar. 2013
I do not understand it but they love it, they get all excited stand up on the table or bed and put their hands in the air 'lets do this'. The episodes are not too long and even educational in a fun way. It reminded me a little bit of thunderbirds, their missions to do good save the injured etc. good message and kids love it.

Mother Food: A Breastfeeding Diet Guide with Lactogenic Foods and Herbs
Mother Food: A Breastfeeding Diet Guide with Lactogenic Foods and Herbs
by Hilary Jacobson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book every written!, 7 Mar. 2013
Every thing you need in this book, my wife just wishes she had this book for her first child rather than the 5th. It is a must for all those who wish to breastfeed and understand food and health.

Vivaldi Recomposed by Max Richter - The Four Seasons [VINYL]
Vivaldi Recomposed by Max Richter - The Four Seasons [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Empty spaces, 10 Feb. 2013
I got the vinyl version of this as I love vinyl (the warmth and fuss of the medium) was I let down? Yes and No, it was different from what I was expecting (not sure what I was expecting to be truthful) and I give 3 stars for not being an original or inspired work as some seem to think but rather a good cover version; on the plus side you can not fault the recording quality which I give 5 stars to. The problem I have with the reworked market is that we all know and I assume love the original else why would we buy yet another version; I know I do and the thoughts that a new version was inspired (as Max puts it in his interview) I think is over stating what was finally delivered here. While the original is inspired Max's up-to-date interpretation was inspired with a commercial eye I suspect; hence 3 stars. This new version is a good film score, that is not to say the original did not and has not been used in commercials because it has, but rather because I feel Max has taken an easy option; a classic rerecord make money I say this as the work to me is not imposing or memorable as the original, rather it stays in the background space, it does grow on you the more you listen, little details that were lost in the original appear from behind a curtain and with your eyes closed you can get lost; in fact there is so much empty 'space' you can find it difficult to find you way back to your seat after walking about this modern film set.

To conclude I was left feeling a little let down in places, you were left waiting (due in part to knowing the original so well) and when what you think should come next does not, that moment seems to leave you a bit wanting. Don't get me wrong, I like the work and I suspect the more I listen the more I will enjoy it but I simply state that Max has take a lot out and left in reworked reminders of key elements of the original that rather highlight the somberness of the original work that I was not consciously aware of before, for that I thank Max, his insights serve him well. This does however leave you feeling sadder than before thanks in part to all this empty space. It is a modern work with an increased sense of efficiency (note taking) giving us a presentation of wide open spaces, but I feel this simplification is not balanced enough; the loss of all Vivaldi's 'hedgerows' and his structure just to maximize open freshness of uncluttered views into the work have left me asking for some wildlife to return. So on balance after I listen to this recording I go back to the original inspired work of Vivaldi leaving this new interpretation as a work in its own right; a wonderful commercial score build upon a classic and to be enjoyed do not refer back to the original!

In writing the above and now having lived with it for many more weeks I have grown to love it so have upped my rating from 3 to 4 star. It is a new work and you must not compare it to what it is based on which is difficult to do at first but once you listen to this for its own sake you see and love the empty space, a place to unwind and reflect.

Page: 1 | 2