Profile for Ant > Reviews

Content by Ant

Ant

Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it and to my surprise actually prefer it as ..., 13 Mar. 2015
This was an impulse buy to replace a scratched Paperwhite. I love it and to my surprise actually prefer it as an e-reader, though an anti glare screen protector is a good idea for outdoors.

Indie Cindy
Indie Cindy

4.0 out of 5 stars Far better than expected, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Indie Cindy (MP3 Download)
Since they started releasing new music last year Pixies have taken a bit of a hammering from critics and fans alike. How dare they not sound exactly as they did in 1988! No Kim no deal! etc etc True, the three ep's were oddly underwhelming in isolation, but collected here as an album these songs suddenly sound much, much better. Indie Cindy (awful title, I wish they hadn't called it that) is not the best Pixies album, but neither is it the worst - I already think it's better than Bossanova.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2014 7:58 PM GMT

Lenovo Yoga 8-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 3G, 2x Camera, Android 4.2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, 1 Dec. 2013
This is my first post and my first tablet, purchased after endless hours browsing reviews, forums and blogs. Many weren't that helpful to someone like me who's eyes glaze over at the merest hint of techie jargon. So I thought 'well, it's got to be an iPad hasn't it - everyone thinks they're the best....don't they?' However, the eye-watering expense put me off. Well, that and the almost evangelical 'one true tablet' fervour of some Apple devotees I've encountered, who appear to regard android enthusiasts with a curious mixture of pity and contempt. Apologies to any perfectly reasonable iWhatever owners reading this.

Anyway, I was wanting a small tablet so considered the Nexus 7. It seems to have been almost universally praised, particularly for it's eye-popping screen resolution. 7 inches though? Bit too small for these clumsy digits, so I decided it had to be an 8 inch tablet - which brought me to the Lenovo.

Now, the reviews for this have been mixed. Most praised it's design (the stand is great) but were scathing about the spec and the screen resolution. Apparently it's not great for gaming but that doesn't bother me; the last computer game I played was probably Pong in about 1977. I've read comments like '1200x800 is NOT acceptable', 'this tablet is very bad indeed' and 'anyone who buys this is an idiot who deserves to die' (that last one I made up but you get the drift).

Despite all that I felt drawn to this tablet. A great price, and 3g too. So worth the risk, I thought.

Well, I've had this tablet for a day and I absolutely love it - haven't been able to put it down. It's smooth as silk and seems to do everything I want it to do. That screen? Well, it looks super sharp to me. I can only imagine the resolution on a new iPad or Nexus 7 is so great you can see atoms. Is that really necessary?

I thoroughly recommend this tablet!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2014 7:42 PM BST