Profile for Orbus > Reviews

Content by Orbus

Orbus

Lexar JumpDrive S25 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive  LJDS25-128ABEU (Black)
Lexar JumpDrive S25 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDS25-128ABEU (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst USB stick I ever bought !, 7 Dec. 2016
This is the worst USB stick I have ever bought (or seen). As soon as I took it out of the package I knew I made a mistake buying this. It's made from super cheap plastic. It's wobbly. The switch to retract the connector (which is also made from plastic ??) didn't work. It wouldn't stay in place.

The thing is so flimsy I was scared breaking it by looking at it. And breaking it did, after inserting it in my computer ONCE ! Apparently a tiny pin (from the USB 3.0 part in the connector) was bent. I only found out about this because the drive did work on my USB 2.0 hub. So I wasted time checking BIOS and driver updates until took a look inside the connector. Worthless.

Had to return it.

Okie Dokie
Okie Dokie
Offered by roundMediaUK

3.0 out of 5 stars it's different, 6 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Okie Dokie (Audio CD)
As an orbsessed Orb I can't hide some disappointment when listening to this album the first time. I mean, I really like the Kompakt label and it's 'sound' and an Orb album on this label as a one-off would be cool, but if this is the new direction they want to take for all there music then I’m scared they will just blend in the numerous of other fantastic Kompakt releases and not stand out anymore as the wacky unique sounding pioneers of Ambient/dub like they did on Orbus Terrarum or Orblivion.
When I think Orb I think, soundscapes, wicked dub basses, humor, spoken word and chaotic melodies ... above all a feel that this music is a collage of sounds, very spontaneously though crafty sculptured into this amazing novel music. Ofcourse I want my favourite electronic band to evolve, but I’m not sure they do with this album. This sounds more like a spin-off project. (Maybe it is ?)
This being said though, I don’t hate this album. When I got over the initial letdown I started to listen to it for what it is, a fine minimal electronica album mainly produced by Thomas Fehlman I think, witch is not a bad thing, I Love Visions of Blah and especially Flow EP.
I find myself playing it frequently, mostly in my car and it does draw my attention, the cool groove of Ripples that pulls you to the the funky bass in the more up-tempo Captain Korma, ‘Beautytude’ reminds me of Orblivion a bit, with it’s jingly bleep things ;) . Oh, here we have ‘Cool Harbour’ , again. I like ‘Traumvogel’ for it’s melancholic atmosphere. It’s only when ‘Before Because’ starts that I get really drawn into the Orb mood, yes, I like this one a lot. This song tells a story. ‘Kompania’, we know from Bicycles and Tricycles, it’s new mix but, doesn’t really stun.
Overall, a nice album, that does draw you into this minimal state, focussed and relaxed at the same time, sometimes shaking about ;) but … not the Orb at it’s best imo.