Profile for pete shields > Reviews

Content by pete shields

pete shields (Mansfield Notts England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Fever Dream
Fever Dream
Offered by zoreno-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars ENGLISH SOUL MUSIC !, 11 April 2017
This review is from: Fever Dream (Audio CD)
I bought the first solo Ben Watt album, NORTH MARINE DRIVE, upon its release in 1983.
I still love and listen to this great piece of work today ... and its sound has never dated.
I then became entranced by the music of EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL and have their entire catalogue.
I was delighted when I heard Ben was collaborating with Bernard Butler on a new solo project and the album HENDRA did not disappoint.
The blend of Ben's gorgeous musical sweetness with just enough " dirt " thrown into the mix, by the brilliant Bernard, creates a superb listening experience for the ears ... and, more importantly, for the soul - for Ben Watt may be cast into many different genres by many different critics but, to me, ultimately, he is definitely a " SOUL " artist, in the truest sense of the word.
From the very first few bars of GRADUALLY, the album, FEVER DREAM, grabs the listener's attention and never lets go.
I am not going to single out tracks, as the whole album moves along beautifully and should be listened to in its entirety, to be fully appreciated.
This album, along with Hendra, has been constantly playing on my car stereo and it is a shining example of the very best English Soul Music.
BUY IT - it is a stunner.

Epiphone ETS2ORCB1 Emperor Swingster Electric Guitar
Epiphone ETS2ORCB1 Emperor Swingster Electric Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding value, 16 Jan. 2017
An absolutely beautifully made guitar at an incredible price.
I took a long time to decide between a few options and finally opted for this Epiphone Emperor Swingster, via a few recommendations from players I trust - and I have zero regrets.
For the money it is unbeatable.
Regardless of the price, it is still a high quality instrument, well worthy of a price tag of, at least, three times its value.
If you are looking for a versatile, Jazz / Funk / Rockabilly / Punk Pop ( any genre really ) semi acoustic with a lovely Bigsby tremolo, then do not hesitate to buy this lovely guitar.

SINDERINS
SINDERINS

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT !, 23 Aug. 2016
This review is from: SINDERINS (Audio CD)
Quite simply THE most amazing album of the year.
Outstanding songwriting, outstanding musicianship and a band totally bereft of ego.
A fantastic collaboration of TRUE artists, each contributing their enormous talents to the overall sound of SUNDERINS.
BUY IT !

Where Have You Been All My Life?
Where Have You Been All My Life?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Live Music, 9 Jan. 2016
Another gem of an album by an amazingly talented singer songwriter.
Beautifully recorded live tracks, showing how live music should sound.

Aramis Eau de Toilette - 110 ml
Aramis Eau de Toilette - 110 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars WELCOME RETURN, 12 Nov. 2015
I have gone full circle where mens fragrances are concerned.
My then girlfriend bought this for me back in the 1970's, when I had just started shaving, as a young teenager.
I have enjoyed many, many great eau de toilette's over the years ( and decades ) and have witnessed marketing trends popularising different brands at varying times but Aramis has remained a classic throughout.
So it was inevitable that I return ........ to the fragrance - not the girl lol

The New Rulers of the World
The New Rulers of the World
by John Pilger

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE JOURNALISM, 22 Sept. 2015
Thank goodness for REAL journalists.
John Pilger always speaks and reports truth.

UBUNTU Contributionism - A Blueprint For Human Prosperity: Exposing the global banking fraud
by Michael Tellinger

5.0 out of 5 stars UPLIFTING IN DARK TIMES, 22 Sept. 2015
Perhaps THE greatest concept by a human being.
Michael Tellinger is a visionary Earth Angel.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars IF CARLSBERG DID HEROINES !, 22 Sept. 2015
Everyone should own a copy of this ..... and read it ..... I mean really READ IT !
A true heroine.

Acer G246HYLbid 23.8 inch Monitor (Wide, 6 ms, 100M:1 ACM, 250 nits, IPS, LED, HDMI, DVI (w/HDCP))
Offered by Scan Computers Intl Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE MONITOR, 27 Mar. 2015
For the price, this is a fantastic monitor, so I have to award it 5 stars.
I am using it linked to my macbook pro ( via an adapter and a HDMI lead ) as a second monitor and it is much better than the price would suggest.
I did a wee bit of research ( even though I wasn't spending a great deal of money ) and this monitor appealed due to the positive reviews and the fact that my mother has an Acer lap top and her screen is excellent - so I thought, at the price, I can't go wrong.
I certainly have not been disappointed.
It came very well boxed and was easy to set up ( the stand is great - nice and sturdy - and the screen can be tilted into different positions )
The controls are under the screen at the bottom right hand side, hidden discretely so they can't be pushed by accident.
If you are looking for a good, budget monitor, I would highly recommend this one

Nothing Important
Nothing Important

5.0 out of 5 stars MASTERFUL, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Nothing Important (MP3 Download)
I remember, when I was a young boy, seeing the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh for the first time.
I " got it ", instantly.
This was viewing the world, truly, through the eyes of another person - no ordinary person either - someone who was able to communicate, precisely, his own, personal, visions.
I also recognised certain truths in the beautiful paintings - things I had never before, or since, witnessed in the work of other artists.
This ability is the rarest of gifts.
Richard Dawson has the same gift.
He is able to show us, via his masterful, musical,communicative skills, the world according to a Son Of Northumberland - in as colourful a palate as the Dutch Master.
I adore Richard's uniqueness - his pure, unadulterated art.
Genius is a word I steer clear of ...... and yet, genius is most definitely a " tag " befitting Richard Michael Dawson.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11