Profile for Elliott Sanders > Reviews

The Fine Life Ideal Oil Mister Air Pressure Pump Action Sprayer Red
The Fine Life Ideal Oil Mister Air Pressure Pump Action Sprayer Red
Offered by TheFineLifeTC

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential bit of kitchen kit, 27 Jun. 2016
There are times when cooking that you just need a small bit of oil on the pan to stop sticking. My wife and I had tried pump sprays in the past, but invariably they have broken or left big "globs" of oil everywhere.

I had heard great things about this mister so wanted to try it. To be more succinct, my wife tried it first, although she couldn't see what the fuss was about. But then, she was using it like a pump spray. When I suggested she should use it like a spray can, she finally saw how great the product is!

Pumping pressure into the mister is easy and spraying gives a good even coating of oil. It all comes apart very easily for cleaning and feels sturdy enough to last longer term. We have been using it for almost a fortnight at the time of writing this review.

Kindertales: Stories Old and New for the Children of the Folk
Kindertales: Stories Old and New for the Children of the Folk
by Freydis Heimdallson

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely collection of stories -Recommended for mini heathens!, 19 Nov. 2015
This is a great collection of stories to raise awareness of the old Gods and Goddesses. They are fictional stories based rather than the myths or Sagas themselves, but they are hugely enjoyable. My son is 3 and a half and enjoys most of the stories. It is great, because he now speaks about Mani when he sees the moon :)

Knight Foam Sword and Shield
Knight Foam Sword and Shield
Offered by GiftLocalUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shield, poor sword, unless your child has an Unorthodox Style :), 19 Nov. 2015
The shield is great, with the handle being attached very strongly. Other play shields I have bought in the past, the handle comes away quite quickly and you are then into the realms of Duct tape to try and hold the whole thing together.

The sword is a different story. As with others on the site, it didn't last very long and was disappointingly floppy. Having said that, my 3 year old has perfected a slapping motion which I am sure stings worse than a usual sword hit. :)

Still, in this price bracket it is still pretty good value for money and can be used for dress ups if nothing else.

Silva Compass 4 Militaire - 6400/360
Silva Compass 4 Militaire - 6400/360

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but does what it was designed to do!, 19 Nov. 2015
I bought this a couple of years ago and found it to be perfect, even on exercise. The only thing that is missing is the amazing glow you get with the issued compasses.

If you are looking for a back up compass, or just one for training by yourself to get used to Nav, while working in mils, you would struggle to go wrong with this.

GP 600 mAh 1.2V AAA NiMH Rechargeable Battery - Silver (Pack of 4)
GP 600 mAh 1.2V AAA NiMH Rechargeable Battery - Silver (Pack of 4)
Offered by Gadgets Hut UK

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 4 leaked within 2 months. I wouldn't buy again., 19 Nov. 2015
I bought these as a replacement for our wireless landline phone. After a month, one of the batteries leaked. Not great, but I thought it was a one off, cleaned out the inside of the phone and replaced with another battery from the pack. This time the other battery leaked. So out of a pack of four, two of the batteries leaked within two months but the final two in the pack are doing fine and it has been over 6 months since they were inserted.

If the final two leak, I think I will try a different brand, even if they are more expensive.

The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra sleep for less than £20? Count me in!, 19 Nov. 2015
I bought this as I was tired (literally) of 0530 wake ups. My little buddy would wander into our room and ask "is it wakey time?" Cute the first couple of times, but then it turned more into a grunted response from me, before frog marching him back to his room... It was recommended that I try the Sleep Trainer.

I am so pleased with the results. I gradually changed the wake up to 0630 and setting the clock has been part of the night time routine. Now if only someone could do something similar for a 6 month old ;)

If you follow the instructions provided it is simple to use and there is a child lock to stop probing little fingers. I would definitely recommend this to others

Kenwood HB645 blender - blenders (160 x 135 x 365 mm)
Kenwood HB645 blender - blenders (160 x 135 x 365 mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't see how more expensive Hand Blenders could be better!, 19 Nov. 2015
Seems more powerful than the stats would indicate. I bought this as I have a Kenwood multi food processor and was pleased with the build quality. With this product the quality is excellent and it comes with pretty much every accessory that you would need from a compact machine. The base of the tub to stop it slipping, doubles up as a lid too. Safe to say I am pleased with the purchase!

Toshiba Encore WT8-A-102 8-inch Tablet (Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD, Windows 8.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, don't waste your money., 17 July 2015
When it worked,the Encore was a good tablet. Strong performance, a good array of apps and simple interface. The battery life was good and the tablet had a quality feel about it. Then it went wrong. The tablet will not charge, regardless of what I do to it. Having searched numerous forums, this is not unique to my unit. Be warned, it could happen to you if you buy one and Toshiba are not interested in doing anything to rectify the situation... I would have hoped that it lasted more than a year!

Breville Opula Collection VKJ567 Stainless Steel Jug Kettle - Opal White
Breville Opula Collection VKJ567 Stainless Steel Jug Kettle - Opal White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kettle, couple of niggles..., 17 July 2015
A very good kettle, one of the few white ones that are not plastic. Most of the metal "white" kettles are cream or off white. There are however, a couple of bad points. The minimum visible measure is for 4 cups. Not ideal if you are making a quick cuppa for yourself. The other negative is the lid. Mine broke within a year of use. Basically the handle comes away from the lid. Having said that, I contacted Breville and they sent a replacement free of charge.

York Doorway Chinning Bar
York Doorway Chinning Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 17 July 2015
This review is from: York Doorway Chinning Bar (Sports)
A wonderfully simple piece of equipment, but great for helping to develop upper body strength. I have had mine for a few years now and use it a couple of times a week. I weigh around 95kg and the bar is still as solid in the doorway as the first day I installed it. The only negative thing is that there is a slight rusting / pitting on the chrome from sweaty hands!

Page: 1 | 2