Profile for TG > Reviews

Draper 52616 Xenon Timing Light
Draper 52616 Xenon Timing Light
Offered by XPN1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - Used On Motorcycle., 17 Jan. 2016
Good item and does its job well - perfect for a hobbyist etc. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does feel a bit flimsy and cheap, but as long as it's not dropped or trodden on I can't see that being a problem.

On the box and in the item description it says it's unsuitable for motorcycles. This is untrue (although it may not be suitable for ALL motorcycles...). I used it to time a '76 Honda CB360 and it worked fine.

[New Release] Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub
[New Release] Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 21 Oct. 2015
I was skeptical of this USB hub - with the low price I was expecting a loss of speed once connected, but I was pleasantly surprised. So far there has been no loss of speed when connected to a MacBook Pro and using an external USB 3.0 hard drive. I have yet to try multiple connections simultaneously moving data, but for running a USB 3.0 drive and charging your phone, for example, it's great.

If you read somewhere that you need to install a driver in order to use this hub, you don't. I can't vouch for PC compatibility, but on OS X it works straight out of the box.

WD 2TB  Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBU6Y0020BBK-EESN
WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBU6Y0020BBK-EESN

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good., 9 Oct. 2015
I received this hard drive yesterday and after reformatting and transferring my data I thought I'd post my thoughts.

I think most importantly, as this is USB 3.0, I should talk about speed. Other reviewers have mentioned that the supplied cable isn't very good. As far as I can tell, the cable is OK. I've been getting consistent write speeds of about 85MB/s and read speeds of around the same. I will probably get a new cable to see if I can improve upon that but out of the box it's pretty quick - faster than the beloved FireWire 800 I've used until now. The cable seems quite secure, I haven't managed to knock and disconnect it yet - very important!

For such a small hard drive (it is very small and deceptively heavy) it is quite noisy, noticeably noisy, something I'm not used to after using LaCie Rugged drives which are pretty silent by comparison. The blinking light is also annoying.

Overall - a good, well priced and very portable hard drive.

Mueller 44547 Ankle Stabilzer - OSFM, Black
Mueller 44547 Ankle Stabilzer - OSFM, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars I Support This Support, 21 July 2014
As a more robust ankle support, this is perfect. For every day use it can become uncomfortable due to the plastic strips that run through the support, but if you're looking something with more protection then it's great, with the plastic strips adding higher stability and rigidity. They will also protect the ankle from knocks.

For every day or prolonged use it's probably worth looking at something more flexible and comfortable, but overall I would highly recommend this support.

Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Ankle Support, One Size, Black
Bracoo Breathable Neoprene Ankle Support, One Size, Black
Offered by Comfytopia

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Ankle Support!, 21 July 2014
This ankle support is great, perfect for every day use with a weakened or healing ankle. I've tried out a couple of different supports since damaging ligaments in my ankle and this one is definitely up there in the higher bracket. It seems well made; the ankle feels protected but remains flexible, it's also not bulky; shoes fit fine, which can be an issue with heavier supports. If you're going to be active and applying more pressure to your ankle, it might be worth looking at the Mueller ankle support (I'll leave a link at the end of the review). It has plastic strips down the sides that offer more protection and make it much more rigid, but this comes at the expense of flexibility and size.

Overall this support is excellent and I would highly recommend for every day use.

Mueller Ankle Support: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0027VKR5S

Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control - Black
Offered by Market garys Dvd's

4.0 out of 5 stars Good. Very Good., 18 Jun. 2014
Having used Beats in-ear headphones for a year or so and running them into the ground, I was looking for something that isolated noise effectively and sounded great without the Beats price tag. These Sennheisers came highly recommended from a friend and thus far they are brilliant - top marks for sound quality and noise isolation (if, like me, you find the general public abhorrent, you'll know how vital reducing its din is).

There are two reasons I gave these headphones four stars out of five. The first being that there is no microphone or control for my phone. There's no reason in-ear headphones shouldn't come with both of these things as standard in 2014, and if there is, I don't want to hear it. The second is the build quality - I'm concerned that I will break them with prolonged use. While I do admire the small size of the cables and headphones overall, they do not fill me with the confidence that I so need in my headphones for day to day use. However, the friend who recommended the Sennheiser CX400 II headphones to me assured me that they are more durable than they look, so we will have to wait and see.

LaCie Rugged Triple 1TB FireWire 800 & USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed., 29 Nov. 2013
I've used this drive solidly for the past couple of months and can't really fault its performance. However, it seems as if the USB 3.0 port was an afterthought in the design process. It sits only just above the stupid rubber casing of the hard drive, and therefore the USB plug does not sit snugly in the port. As a result, the drive disconnects because the cable works itself loose, or because you knock it - it is incredibly annoying.

Fuct
Fuct
by Erik Brunetti

5.0 out of 5 stars STAR SPANGLED PEACE SIGN, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fuct (Hardcover)
Not only a beautifully curated book, Fuct is also a testimonial, an anthology of the brand over the past twenty years. From initial sketches to final compositions, the detail and insight in to Fuct's process is impeccable.

If you were a skateboarder in the 90s, the older artwork will bring back fond memories, and if you are new to the brand and skate/street culture, you'll gain valuable insight into streetwear and Fuct's canon.

Samsung S22B150 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, VGA)
Offered by Value_Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine running OS X 10.8., 28 Mar. 2013
I received this monitor on the 28th March. It immediately connected to my iMac via VGA to Mini DisplayPort and that was that. You just plug it in and it works. Using as a second edit monitor - all good.

BATMAN ~ Bane Mask - Adult Accessory
BATMAN ~ Bane Mask - Adult Accessory
Offered by DazzInk

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked., 6 Jan. 2013
I don't know what you're all complaining about, this mask is brilliant - my favourite Christmas present of 2012. It's made of soft rubber, who cares, it still looks cool - what were you expecting for £16.99? Idiots.