Profile for Ruth Day > Reviews

Content by Ruth Day

Ruth Day

SECVEL - CF+ Inlay for SECVEL card protection wallet (for 2 additional cards)
SECVEL - CF+ Inlay for SECVEL card protection wallet (for 2 additional cards)
Offered by SECVEL Technologies GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 20 Dec. 2016
It doesn't work. I put 2 train tickets in the wallet, in a pocket of my handbag which is next to where I keep my phone & by the afternoon they'd stopped working.

tado° Smart Thermostat Starter Kit (v2) - intelligent heating control with geofencing via smartphone
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

1.0 out of 5 stars A real headache to get to work with multiple residents in the home, 13 Dec. 2016
I've had a Tado kit in my home to control central heating for around 10months. It works fine if you have an Iphone, but if you've other residents with other types of phones, 1, it's a complete nightmare to get them added as residents and 2, Tado apps in other phones often doesn't recognise their location so doesn't work. This seems to be a particular problem with Windows phones.
If you have lodgers, as I do, then it's a gamble if you can get this to work. Tado will blame the phone set up, but since that's not their kit, then they don't help.
Adding new residents seems to be an unnecessary battle. The idea is that the account holder sends an invitation email to the new resident with a link that lets them join the home. 1, what if they just have a smart phone and no email? 2, you can't do this from the app, and Tado have changed their PC login (when you can eventually find it from an online search) and you can't do this online either. The online help pages have information that tells you that you can have other residents linked to the account, but has no actual information on HOW to do this. Like most technology these days, no manual is provided, but that means the online help should fill the gap. It reads more like a sales brochure, rather than a user guide. Tado do have a phone support team, but the impression I've had when I've spoken to them, is that are more techy then service orientated and have a view that issues are to do with user failings than recognise that this equipment and software needs to be flexible and intuitive to use by all. I have all manner of technology in my life and I have to say that Tado has caused my blood pressure to rise more than anything else.
Overall, it works, but only if you have a compatible phone and if you have other people who stay in your home, expect to get very frustrated.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2016 1:34 PM GMT

11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room
11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room

3.0 out of 5 stars ok book. forces review thou., 25 Aug. 2014
You have to review the book before it lets you carry on which is annoying and so not a proper review

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat, 26 April 2014
I bought this on a whim as it looked like a clever idea but I wasn't sure what the build quality would be like for the price. However I was pleasantly surprised and whilst it's only just arrived, seems well made and v neat. It's freed up a cable that I can leave at work and made my hall tidier! :-)