Profile for Lee Hulme > Reviews

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor and Other Eleventh Doctor Christmas Special
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars ??? Confused ???, 5 April 2014
Right,
If you're planning on renting this title, you must be a fan of the Doctor. So it's great to have the Christmas specials all in one place right? Well, yes, but....I don't understand what's going on here. These discs are not like the other BBC released Doctor Who discs, in as far as they have an audio descriptive menu, which can be very frustrating!! I understand that there will be a lot of partially sighted people who want to follow the adventures of the Doc, but there is no mention of this on the rental page.
I put the first disc in to watch, and after the initial BBC intro, etc. , it cut to a very cheap looking main menu page, and began to tell me (in a very sour female voice) what was on screen, but I wasn't allowed to make my choice until the voice had finished. Also, very frustratingly, there is NO way to turn off the voice, and the audio descriptive service runs in every menu choice you make (but thankfully not the main feature!).
In summary, if you can live without it, AVOID renting this title at all costs!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2014 1:21 PM BST

APT JEANS A42 32 REGULAR LEG
APT JEANS A42 32 REGULAR LEG
Offered by RAW DENIM

5.0 out of 5 stars My kinda Jeans, 6 Jun. 2013
You'd expect that at £15 these jeans would be cheap and nasty, made from flimsy poor quality denim, but nothing could be further from that. They are great quality, heavy denim. Well stitched and feel very solidly made.
I am very fussy about my jeans, and these are great for me, but if you're quite a slim build they may not be for you as the legs are quite roomy and the hem is pretty wide being a bootcut style. Also, I usually take a 32" waist, but in these I take a 30" as they're quite big in the fitting and also give a little after being washed a few times, but the length is spot on.

All in all, definitely worth the 5 star rating.

50 x Pidata AAA-CMC Blu-ray Disc (HTL with Dark Inorganic Dye) - 50 x BLU RAY RECORDABLE DISC DISK BD-R - 25GB 4x - white - ink jet printable surface, printable inner hub - storage media; -EAN/UPC 806473381017

5.0 out of 5 stars Pidata Discs, 6 Jun. 2013
I have now used over 100 of these discs and, at around 52p each, I don't think you can go wrong. I haven't burnt a single coaster yet (touch wood!!), and every disc plays in my stand-alone player and on my PC. Another great point is the fact that they're full-face printable, which means you can personalize them. I have also found that in my Blu-ray writer they can be written at up to 10x speed, although I haven't tried this speed yet. I have, however, burnt them at 6x with no problems at all. So if you're looking for a Blu-ray disc that is quality, but also cheap, these babies are the way to go.

Daffodil PCR400 PC Remote with Wireless Mouse Control - Media Center Computer Remote

4.0 out of 5 stars Media Centre Remote??, 6 Jun. 2013
Overall, this remote is a great piece of kit, and for the price I don't think you'll find better.
I have rated this only 4 stars though, I hear you cry. Why is that? Well, I ordered this remote because it looked good and was really cheap, so I was expecting a cheap and nasty little bit of kit, but I was wrong. It's a good, sturdy remote, it feels good in the hand, and the mouse function is brilliant. Unfortunately though, it has a small drawback. I checked out the reviews and ratings of this remote on Google before I ordered, and sure enough, it said compatible with Windows 7 64-bit, however having just set it up I found the one small flaw that loses this remote a star. The Media Centre button on the remote doesn't open Media Centre, it actually opens Media Player :-(, which is a drawback for me as I plan to use this remote whilst in bed, and find it difficult to see the cursor from 10 feet away. Other than that though, you can't go wrong for under £6, can you?