Profile for R. Card > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Coffee Filters, 100 Basket Filters
Coffee Filters, 100 Basket Filters
Offered by STRATTON UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as recommended and I'd recommend them too.!, 13 Aug. 2016
Bought to go with a Breville coffee maker as suggested by another user, to use instead of the included basket-type filter which would need washing. As we use the coffee maker when away self-catering, the disposable paper filters work much better. They didn't collapse or let through any grounds, so like the other user, I too would recommend them.

ABS 121P Ladies Safety / Womens Shoes
ABS 121P Ladies Safety / Womens Shoes
Price: £32.77 - £35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Aug. 2016
Bought for my daughter who is at a special college doing hospitality & catering and needed steel toes protection under new regulations! These shoes were my first choice and fit her problem feet very well and if you didn't know they had steel toes, they look just like her Clark's "school-type" shoes she usually wears!

They didn't feel too heavy in comparison to what she usually wears and she says they're comfortable, so what more can you ask! The shoes themselves arrived within 2-3 days, well within the 7-10 it suggested! I was most impressed!

Breville Coffee Express Personal Coffee Machine, 500 ml Bottle - Black
Breville Coffee Express Personal Coffee Machine, 500 ml Bottle - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, compact, easy to use - bought for self catering holidays., 10 Aug. 2016
Bought for self-catering holiday purposes to replace a small cafetiere which we kept breaking the glass of and which only really made one MUG of coffee at a time. Obviously this is considerably bigger than a cafetiere, but it has many more benefits: it can be easily used by my daughter who has Downs' Syndrome, provides two MUGS of coffee easily.

I'd like to give a big shout-out to another reviewer that suggested using disposable paper filters instead of the mesh one provided, this worked very well for us and it's so very much easier to clean up as there are no grounds to wash away, only bin. The biggest problem was trying to work out how much of the chosen coffee we'd taken to use for the perfect strength! Obviously this is completely down to personal choice and if anyone is interested my husband got it down to one heaped teaspoon, plus less than a rounded teaspoon of the medium strength (grade 3) coffee that we'd taken. He doesn't like a strong, bitter coffee and using two mugs-worth of water meant that my daughter got a slightly less strong coffee without adding any extra grounds. It wasn't exactly perfect, but it was getting there after a week of trying various permutations of coffee v water!

Overall I'd definitely recommend this coffee maker. It was quiet, compact and easy to use.

My only other "complaint" is that it was a little awkward to pour water into the reservoir using the mugs or the flask provided as the hinges are a little in the way, but we found a milk jug at the place we were staying and this resolved things easily.

Roo Beauty Nail Polish Varnish Set, Manicure Storage Case, Makeup Cosmetic Holder In Butterfly Print
Offered by Roo Beauty Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Jun. 2016
I love these, I've just bought another one for my expanding collection!

Nelsons Homeopathic Indicated Arnica 30c - 84 Pillules
Nelsons Homeopathic Indicated Arnica 30c - 84 Pillules

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 19 Jun. 2016
My husband broke his collarbone and my niece recommended these to help bring out the bruise and reduce swelling. The most colourful bruise appeared within 2-3 days, which I felt was very fast for damage to bone, which often takes a long time to come out. The swelling seemed to resolve quickly too.

Obviously it's hard to prove either way, but these weren't that expensive and I've heard so many good things and I personally was impressed, so I'd definitely recommend them.

TeckNet Mouse Mat with Gel Rest - Non-slip Rubber base - Special-Textured Surface
Offered by Hippidion.Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :(, 19 Jun. 2016
I previously had a Fellowes mat/gel wrist rest which I loved. The gel rest was very deep and squishy, but I have worn a hole in the fabric with use & bracelets, so was looking for a replacement. This looked very comparable, but when I got it the wrist rest is barely half the height of my original Fellowes one and if there is any gel inside it amazes me! It's more like a thick pad than gel. It was barely usable for a few weeks then the side I obviously lean on more has completely depressed and it's now lop-sided!

I've gone back to my old holey one and plan to try and cover the gel pad with new fabric!

[Apple MFi Certified] USBLink (3.3 ft) Lightning Duo 2-in-1 Sync and Charge Cable with Lightning & Micro USB Connectors by Swiftrans for iPhone 6s Plus / 6 Plus, iPad Pro, Air 2 More and Android
Offered by TechSmile

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy cable - very good, 8 May 2016
Great idea that saves fuss and space. I keep this in our spare room for our many visitors that keep forgetting their charger plug/cables - so whatever their devices are, they're now sorted!

Initially my cable only charged android and not i-devices (I asked the question in case it was a problem with this cable), but it turned out in the end we had a "faulty" USB plug that will only charge android devices and not i-devices, no matter the various cables we tried! So now I'm very happy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars All in all, very pleased!, 27 Mar. 2016
I previously bought some wireless headphones for my adult daughter who has special needs, because she kept breaking the cord on the various corded headphones she'd had before, however, swapping the bluetooth between an ipod and ipad was difficult for her. So I spent a long time searching for more robust headphones and came across these.

Obviously they are corded, however, the cord is much more substantial and textured some how so I have high hopes that they will stay the course! I particularly like the fact the ear pieces fold under for storage, which is a bug-bear of mine with these larger headphones. She says they are very comfortable and are easily adjustable to her small child-sized head. All in all I'm very pleased.

1 x Remote Controlled Socket Power Plug Wireless 20m Range Energy Saving Status
1 x Remote Controlled Socket Power Plug Wireless 20m Range Energy Saving Status
Offered by Speedy Solutionz

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful idea!!, 19 Mar. 2016
I was given a USB super multi charger for Christmas that has a long cable. It's been really annoying me to have that cable AND the cable of the extension cord wafting around the lounge! I happened up this and it has REVOLUTIONISED the whole setup!

It was very easy to set up and now I just have the USB multi charge block (with various Apple/Android cables dangling through a multi cable guide) discreetly sitting on the shelf and nearby is the remove (ours is white, not black as in the picture).

When we want to charge anything, we just connect the USB cable and press "ON" on the remote control and the extension cord turns on and we're off! Brilliant! I will probably get another Remote Controlled Plug for the digital photo frame etc too! What a wonderful idea!!

Bluedio T2S (Turbine 2 Shooting Brake) Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Wireless Headphones Bluetooth 4.1 Headset on the Ear headphones Gift Package (Blue)
Offered by Bluedio

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and yet substantial., 19 Mar. 2016
I bought these for my daughter who has special needs and has managed to break several other corded and cordless headphones! These ones seem to be staying the distance. The Bluetooth was easy to set up and I particularly like the fact that the ear pieces move to fold up. Although they are still bulky, compared to other cordless earphones, they take up MUCH less space as the ear pieces fold into the space of the head band.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8