Profile for bonjean > Reviews

bonjean

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Believe
Believe

5.0 out of 5 stars The moods he can bring you through is clearly something to be celebrated..., 27 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Believe (MP3 Download)
I highly recommend this CD. The anticipation alone of playing Believe was the start... then I slipped it in the CD of my car. I drove through our downtown, with the sun going down, casting shadows of the sunset beautifully on the old buildings and Churches, on the people, through the fall trees, on to the river... But this experience was not my downtown in the norm, it was that of a young Tenor shining beauty on everything I looked at, everything before me. That's always the effect Jonathan Antoine's voice has on me. Personally, that much beauty in ones voice is too thrilling to ever stop listening to. I'm grateful he added a few long time favorites for his fans which include his Ave Maria with the beautiful sound of the St Paul's Girl's School. The new songs are splendid and with the London Studio Symphony backing him… Jonathan's voice meshes from warm to exhilarating throughout, with perfect inflections in his voice and beautiful tones, the moods he can bring you through is clearly something to be celebrated. Jonathan's Tenor voice with Baritone James Cleverton adds a great surprise for all to enjoy. Jonathan’s remarkable Opera pieces he chose are sung like no other, he brings you to the depth of his greatness, they are simply stunning, I could write about each one. The classical numbers are icing on the cake with beautiful delivery, I especially love” Hallelujah” and “Because We Believe”, they are top class on this exquisite work of art. Congrats to all involved, this is beautifully produced.

Christmas Dream Come True
Christmas Dream Come True

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Dream Come True is beautiful. It's all encompassing delivering with the perfect touch ..., 11 Dec. 2015
I purchased at Amazon in the US. Christmas Dream Come True is beautiful. It's all encompassing delivering with the perfect touch of Christmas, it's wistful, evocative, romantic and sentimental. It's a song that links to all ages, it's as if he's singing it just for you which is Jonathan's signature and with that young, beautiful Tenor voice. I've waited for a Christmas song from him but he once again has far exceeded my highest expectation! You can't help but love the song and Jonathan. You're hearing a song that will be loved forever....

I Vow to Thee, My Country
I Vow to Thee, My Country

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel honored to hear you sing this., 25 Oct. 2014
I was born in America but my ancestry is mostly from England, starting with my paternal great grandparents and my maternal great great grandmother from England, my great great grandfather from Ireland. I have to say it was quite emotional for me to hear Jonathan sing this song, I felt quite proud as my ancestors came more to life for me in hearing this. Jonathan's profound qualities of voice delivered in such richness, clarity and power has made this song a treasure for me. The Band of Her Majestry's Royal Marines is outstanding. I am very thankful to have this. Congratulations to all and to you Jonathan I feel very proud to be of English descent. You emotionally connected me to my family in a beautiful way that brought tears to my eyes. You are outstanding and I feel honored to hear you sing this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 2:29 AM GMT

Love Changes Everything
Love Changes Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Love does change everything and Jonathan is a master at bringing love and hope into your heart., 25 Oct. 2014
Love does change everything and Jonathan is a master at bringing love and hope into your heart. I've never heard anyone like Jonathan. This song is likely the one that should be the title of this album as it so represents Jonathan and who he is, what he gives. He just loves to sing for others. This is a powerful display of magic by one of the words best talents ever. All the way through you are lifted higher and high with the melody, words and power of Jonathan's delivery of this song. It's a must. I absolutely love this one, and what an ending... this is just fabulous! So glad I bought 6 albums for myself just in case of whatever LOL I couldn't live without it now!!! Wonderful Jonathan Antoine!!! I love your album... love you from the USA!

Granada
Granada

5.0 out of 5 stars ... why this is an operatic explosion of sweet fire!, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Granada (MP3 Download)
Buckle up for this one, you're in for an incredible ride! Hold on!!!!! Wow! If you don't feel the thrill of the Spanish city of Granada... why this is an operatic explosion of sweet fire! Oh and so delightful and filled with beauty... the sweetness of Jonathan's voice at times filled with that richness, along with the power packed thrills... well... send me there too! This is thrilling... total goosebumps, jaw dropping and my eyes popping. But the soothing rhythm lulls you through a romantic city and dazzles you... with the love for it. The mixture of the sweet and powerful... it's tremendous! The sheer power... pfhew! Wonderful!

Core 'ngrato
Core 'ngrato

5.0 out of 5 stars Give up your heart before you listen... because you won't own it afterwards!, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Core 'ngrato (MP3 Download)
Give up your heart before you listen... because you won't own it afterwards! I hand mine right over to Jonathan on this one. I mean how incredible can a song get! This will bring you through an incredible emotional journey you'll never forget and you'll want to own it forever. One of my top three favorites... This my friends is how a beautifully a song can be delivered... by the best of the best... Jonathan Antoine... Amazing... rip my heart out... it's a glorious feeling my dear man! Wow! Trust me, the men love all these songs too... they're also stunned! This one though... oh my... it's the best there is anywhere... Bravo!

Arrivederci, Roma
Arrivederci, Roma

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding! Delightful yet powerful... lovely surprises!, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Arrivederci, Roma (MP3 Download)
Again, an incredible song that fills you with the joy of another culture, country... "Goodbye Rome" or "arrivederci "until we see each other again". It just encapsulates you in a wonderful world as if you were there! This is delightful and so appreciated around the world, a wonderful song to include in this incredible album. Jonathan's delivery fills your heart and brightens your thoughts, it's refreshing and marvelous with Jonathan's colorful, most soothing yet romantic voice and the power ending will thrill you too! Spellbinding! I love it!

So Deep is the Night (Arranged from Chopin's Tristesse, Etude, Op. 10, No. 3)
So Deep is the Night (Arranged from Chopin's Tristesse, Etude, Op. 10, No. 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... rich tones and perfect sound almost brings me to my knees ..., 25 Oct. 2014
The ultimate in beautiful expression... I do think so! Written by Chopin sung by Jonathan in english... shut your eyes and be taken into a beautiful world you haven't experienced. I mean this is ultimate in delivery and performance. Jonathan's rich tones and perfect sound almost brings me to my knees... I have to say this is possibly as close to one of my favorites on this CD that I can get! It takes you right out into the universe... another song so stunning you need recovery time afterwards. Brilliant!!! :D I love it... I live in recovery! Then I want more!!! More romantic and loving than anything I've ever heard!

L'elisir d'amore, Act II: "Una furtiva lagrima"
L'elisir d'amore, Act II: "Una furtiva lagrima"

5.0 out of 5 stars I clapped so hard and long my hands and arms hurt... but I didn't care..., 25 Oct. 2014
Gaetano Donizetti.. what an story wrapped up in this stunning Opera piece, check it's translation in English. Part of it is ... "Just for an instant the beating of her beautiful heart I heard!"... So delicate yet powerfully done by Jonathan, with pure perfection. He brings the story alive without you even knowing the words, the emotions... tones with such richness and passion expressrf. I saw him the first time he did this live on a Cruise in England (that's why I went)... he brought the house down, tears, Bravo's, I clapped so hard and long my hands and arms hurt.. but I didn't care... Brilliant we get this on the album, a rare and wonderful Opera treat. He's opened the doors to Opera for me and everyone! A young man with this type of passion in his delivery is stunning!

Messe à trois voix, Op. 12: Panis Angelicus
Messe à trois voix, Op. 12: Panis Angelicus

5.0 out of 5 stars ... there's an angelic quality to Jonathan's voice, a sincerity that just comes out and grabs you..., 25 Oct. 2014
What can I say? Jonathan's voice is so beautiful, I actually hang my head and cry. I'm not a crier, I'm spiritual but not necessarily religious. It has to do with somehow touching me like nothing else. It's my favorite on the CD because if I had to chose one I could never give up, it would be this one. Panis angelicus is Latin for "Bread of Angels". I've seen him sing it on video and it's one of the most moving things I've ever seen. Watching his expressions is as beautiful as his voice. I will fly again to England and make sure he will be singing this... it's too amazing to not experience this live... that's all I can say... there's an angelic quality to Jonathan's voice, a sincerity that just comes out and grabs you... sensitive, beautiful and the powerful... just amazing!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3