Profile for conkie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Untouchable: A chillingly dark psychological thriller
Untouchable: A chillingly dark psychological thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling, 22 Aug. 2016
Loved this book. Fantastic characters. It made me cry, gave me nightmares, but also made me smile. I want to be a paedophile hunter too. Take these evil creatures off the planet. I know this book was fictional but things like this are happening all over the world. Brilliant thought provoking story. Can't wait to read another by Sibel Hodge, great author, had me gripped from the beginning.
I would definitely recommend this book.
Five stars *****

Blood at the Premiere: A Day One Undead Adventure
Blood at the Premiere: A Day One Undead Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Aug. 2016
Another fantastic story of the undead! I've now read them all & loved them all. I hope to hear more from Henrietta & Beanie. Henrietta is amazing, so strong & calm, loved Beanie's happy ignorance. Even if you haven't already read any of the undead series this is a great stand alone story, but I really want these two to meet up with Howie & the boys. Henrietta would be a great asset to their team & I think Beanie would be loved by Blowers & Cookey, adding more of the much needed comedy that holds the moral together.
Just waiting for day 20 now Mr Haywood.

The Sister: A psychological thriller with a brilliant twist you won't see coming

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 3 Aug. 2016
This is the best book I've read by far in such a long time. I felt I really knew the characters, I felt part of the story. The things that Grace & Charlie did as teenagers was so similar to my teenage years. Very believable story line. Loved it!

Inheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller
Inheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller

1.0 out of 5 stars Very long winded, 23 May 2016
Only got to 19% and couldn't bare to read ant more. Christine is very selfish and clearly only cares about her self. Great opening few pages, shame the story died so early on. Very long winded & boring to be honest, nothing's happening & too much babbling about little things.

The Undead Day Nineteen
The Undead Day Nineteen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Dec. 2015
Please tell me there is a day 20? I have loved all of these books. Definitely recommend to everyone. Five stars!

The Undead Day Eighteen
The Undead Day Eighteen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 6 Dec. 2015
Really need day 19 asap! I've read all these books back to back & loved every minute of them. No idea what I'm going to do with myself while I wait for then next one. Anyone have an idea on when that might be?

The Undead Day Sixteen
The Undead Day Sixteen

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it do much, 20 Nov. 2015
I am loving these books! I've laughed and cried. I love the characters and I'm desperate to read the next book! Only issue is it only goes up to day 18, what will I do then? Lol

The Undead. The First Seven Days. (The Undead series Book 1)
The Undead. The First Seven Days. (The Undead series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 26 Sept. 2015
I don't do zombie, vampire, werewolf or anything else far fetched. But I totally loved this book. It was my Granny that recommended it to me & I've had it on my kindle for ages now but I'm so glad I finally read it. R R Haywood is a fantastic author, the characters are great & I love them all. Even though it's about an army of zombies this book is written as though be was actually there. The situation might not be realistic but the reactions of people in the book are so true to life. I'd love to meet Howie & Dave & Blowers & Cooley, they all sound like my type of people. I've laughed & I've cried. I've read till the early hours of the morning & enjoyed it all. Gonna download the next book now!

Fever Of The Bone: (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan, Book 6)
Fever Of The Bone: (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan, Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Jun. 2015
I haven't yet found a book by val mcdermid that I don't like. The story line is great, I love the fact that I know the characters & it's based close to where I live. There's still a few more books in the line I haven't read yet & really looking forward to them. Great read, thank you.

Silent Witness
Silent Witness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 27 May 2015
This review is from: Silent Witness (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this story from start to finish. Strong characters, great twists and turns. Already purchased my next book by Richard North Patterson. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6