Profile for Mr. Jc Donovan > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jc Donovan

Mr. Jc Donovan "Jack Donovan" (United Kingdom)

Micro USB Cable, RAVPower 5-Pack in Assorted Lengths (1ft, 3ft*2, 6ft, 10ft) - Fast Charging USB Data Cable for Galaxy S7 / S6 Edge Plus, Note 4 5, Huawei, Xiaomi, Moto, LG, Sony, PS4 Controller, Battery Pack and Tablets
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Mar. 2017
These are wicked. If you are a techie like me you will fall in love with the way they are packaged.. I'm not even going to spoil it with a photo. Great quality cables. One of them has broken but it is my girlfriends fault for stretching them so far.. And I mean that, it really is. 1 meter to her means she can stretch it to 1.5

Guardian & Observer daily edition
Guardian & Observer daily edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Please try it before you judge., 9 Feb. 2015
I never bother to leave a review for anything. This was an exception. The lack of positive reviews on this app, I felt I should leave one. Now me, being a 24 year old with decent eye sight, do not mind the fact of not being able to change text size. However, if you are looking for larger than 8pt font, this app will not work for you.

My only other complaint as as has been previously mentioned. No automatic download of an issue. What is that all about? I don't want to have to faf to download it in the morning, I barely have time to brush my teeth. With no Wi-Fi at work however, this is my only option.

Other than that, the layout is spot on. I could not fault the perfect design of each issue, I highly recommend trying this instead of being put off by previous reviews as I was. :)

The only reason for four star is because as I said, this app will not be for everyone and you can't customize anything. At all.

Turtle Beach XO Four Gaming Headset - Xbox One
Turtle Beach XO Four Gaming Headset - Xbox One
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, please don't judge by the other reviews!, 14 Mar. 2014
I am not a verified purchaser, I got these from Game as it was a spur of the moment decision, yes at first they feel a little bit tight.. And you can't hear your own voice (who want's to) But once they wear in and you get used to them they feel great, I have found them VERY comfortable.

The sound quality is amazing. They really sound amazing, and it improves the experience on your xbox one so much. There are problems with the sound at the moment, but nothing to do with the headset, there is a problem with the codec that microsoft have released that is affecting the sound because of the adapter and the surround sound codec. But it isn't that annoying, just a bit of static which is going to be fixed with an update.

I can't believe the low reviews for these, they are wireless, surround sound. Sound great, and comfortable once you are used to them, and I have a massive forehead as well!

Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect
Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, need I say more, 3 Dec. 2013
So I shall start by saying, I haven't purchased my xbox one from amazon. But I have spent a lot of time on the discussion boards over the passed few months. Used up all my data on my mobile phone, and more.. But fair play, it's been worth it. And what a journey it has been for all of us.

So I will start by saying, I have moved to the Xbox One from the Playstation 3. (Which did me proud) I also used to have an Xbox 360 but I changed this for the Playstation 3, simply because of Blu-Ray.

So then my story so far..

I got home from a very long day in Birmingham, on a training course.. Sat opening up parcel tracking every 20 minutes hoping it said delivered, as mine was coming from Yodel, I was quite paranoid! (Can I just quickly say, I have had many things delivered by them.. And they seem fine!)

I finally got home, opened up the box, and set it all up. Plugged in the kinect straight away as I have had no experience with the 360 Kinect so I decided to throw myself in at the deep end.

My only gripe when turning the thing on is the green Xbox screen that comes up, has no loading timer.. Or no please wait, and makes you feel like the console has crashed.. Luckily, it hadn't.

And from then on my journey began. One massive thing from me that has helped my gaming journey is achievements. I never ever bothered with them on the ps3, or the 360. But all I do now is sit on Dead Rising 3, trying to get as many achievements as I can, and the fact that you don't even have to use the controller to check your achievments really is a plus.
The voice commands are amazing, Xbox on, turns on your digital box, your Xbox, and your TV. So you don't even need to pick up a remote!

The graphics are stunning, Yes they may be a little better on the PS4, (Apparently) but please don't let this put you off buying the console, especially if your main reason for not having an Xbox 360 was because of the Xbox Live community, the role has completley switched. Xbox one seems to have last gen's PS3 gamers, and the PS4 seems to have last gen's 360 gamers.

The console itself isn't really attractive, not really sure what Microsoft were trying to do there. They say it is because they want it to look suitable next to all of your other home equipment, which it would, if this box was sat next to an old school vhs player. However in the dark it looks nice, and the look isn't that off putting.

Hate windows 8? So do I, but I love the Xbox One GUI. It seems complicated at first, but once you know your way around it is great.

The last thing I will say is in regards to the Kinect, this is an unbiased opinion also.
I had no intention of using the Kinect 2 with the console, but I decided to throw myself in the deep end as I have had no experience with a Kinect before. And I Love it! Voice commands are amazing. Shouting OVER HERE!! In Dead Rising 3, so a hundred zombies come and crowd round your car, just before you jump off and slaughter them is intense. Xbox Record That is impressive too, anything great that has just happened? Xbox Record That. Boom, last 30 seconds of gameplay recorded.

Fancy a ciggy? Xbox Pause.. Somebody talking to you? Xbox Mute.. Fancy starting a party? Xbox Snap Party... Want to check if your TV Program has started yet? Xbox Snap TV.

Genius. My ONLY gripe is that we have to wait for the adapter to get a decent headset.. Would be fine if microsoft included a surround sound headset, but unfortunatley that isn't the case. :( But 2014 will soon be here!!

Oh and last but not least, the Controller. Love it. Feels like I have got my 360 controller back. The back on it creaks and moves a bit, and I have actually tried to pull it apart to see if I just needed a new one, but I couldn't pull it off. So thumbs up! Going from the 360 controller to PS3 controller I remember seemed like a huge jump, I was like what on earth is this in my hand for weeks..

However going from the PS3 to the Xbox One, didn't feel too different. Which I liked!

If you want it, buy it.. And use the kinect. That thing will be a breakthrough in years to come. It already add's so much fun to your games!

Stuck between a ps4 or xbox one? Watch loads of videos, and decide which would be best for you.

PS4 > Kids/Adults/Teens who sit on games all day every day.
XBone > Adults/Kids/Families who watch tv, use netflix, play games, and generally enjoy your living room experience.

Be aware the above is my opinion. Not fact.

Bye for now!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2013 5:42 PM GMT

The Inbetweeners - Series 1 [DVD]
The Inbetweeners - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Simply Brilliant!, 12 July 2008
I bought this DVD after watching the series on TV.
I bought it because it is one of those things i will be able to watch over and over.

Its simply brilliant.. Remember at school, when the teachers pick on you.. You get bullied, newcombers come to the school and get completley humiliated?

Well this is it! But all in a comedy, and it is the funniest series i think i have ever seen!