Profile for Dominic Bull > Reviews

Content by Dominic Bull

Dominic Bull "Leeds Guy" (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trixie Spare Posts for Scratching Posts
Trixie Spare Posts for Scratching Posts

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you'd expect!, 4 Feb. 2013
Cheaper than buying a whole new scratching post and enabled me to keep my old base which matched my lounge carpet.

Simple to fit even though it was taller and slightly wider than the previous post.

The cat went straight to it and has been using it enthusiastically ever since!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tube!, 4 Feb. 2013
Bought this to revive a 6 year old bathroom and was expecting great things based on these reviews. I wasn't disappointed. The applicator is rubbish (as others have said) so I removed this after a couple of tiles and used my finger to apply it instead.

It goes on quickly and easily and the excess is relatively easy to clean up. Don't wipe it off too soon though or you might wipe off the area you've just grouted too!

I've already recommended this to friends, which is a bit sad really. I guess I really am getting old now! :-(

Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case for iPhone 5S - Solid Black
Terrapin TPU Gel Skin Case for iPhone 5S - Solid Black

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 27 Oct. 2012
Like many others on here I bought this based on the ratings and cheap price and I wasn't expecting much of it.

Wen it arrived I was a little disappointed in the design of it as you can clearly feel a rough mould join around the upper edge of the case. It's also alarmingly glossy and soft on the surface, so within minutes of fitting it it was scratched and looking 'lived in'.

It fits well though and is nice and tactile and grippy. For the price, I'm not complaining, but I can see myself buying a nicer case in a few months to replace it.

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Utility Knife
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Utility Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen knives you can buy!, 27 Oct. 2012
I always go for this brand of knife as they really do stay sharp and last longer than any other knives I've bought. That's it really, if you're looking for a good all purpose kitchen knife that doesn't cost the earth, get this one!

simplehuman Deluxe Rectangular Pedal Bin, 25 Litre with Fingerprint-Proof Brushed Stainless Steel Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, stylish, well made, 15 Jun. 2012
I bought this to replace a 10 year old cylindrical Brabantia (sp?) bin which finally broke and I have to say this is much better. Fingerprint resistant, nice design and seems to hold much more than my previous bin (which although much taller, was narrower and had a smaller opening)

Time will tell if I can use standard bin bags with it, but I doubt it'll be a problem.

Fits well and looks great in my narrow galley kitchen too!

If You're Scared
If You're Scared

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, soaring stuff, 10 Mar. 2012
This review is from: If You're Scared (MP3 Download)
Gorgeous vocal and musical harmonies combine with haunting lyrics and great production in this critically acclaimed debut EP. Often compared to the likes of Arcade Fire, these tracks share the same soaring anthemic qualities, but with their own unique style. If you like your music to have a bit of depth and soul to it, then you won't be disappointed.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful animation and superb level design, 9 Mar. 2011
I can't speak highly enough about this game.

I don't normally have the patience to persevere with adventure games, so it takes a good one to hold my attention, but this is one of the best DS games I've ever played.

Think of it as the reverse of the 'Final Destination' movies, in that you get to set up a chain of events that usually leads to saving lives rather than ending them. The lives you're saving belong the characters in the game who then aid you in your quest to discover the truth about your own death.

Some of these set-ups are jaw-droppingly clever, so it's probably not suitable for younger children (unless they're pretty smart).

The animation and characterisation is stunning too - it's like watching a very quirky (but accessible) Anime cartoon.

Still playing it at the moment and really don't want it to end. It'll have a treasured place in my collection once I do though..

Buy it!

Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Large Storage Basket, Chrome
Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Large Storage Basket, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly - If you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!, 9 Mar. 2011
If you follow the instructions to the letter and don't expect the suction cups to work miracles (like sticking to mosaic tiles for example..) then this shelf works as advertised.

Make sure you clean and dry the tiles properly before attaching it (as directed) and that the surface is large enough and flat enough for each suction cup to stick to (as directed) and it should work fine.

Mine's been up for several weeks now and houses several bottles of shampoo, razors etc of varying sizes with no sign of slippage.

My First Dictionary: Corrupting Young Minds One Word at a Time
My First Dictionary: Corrupting Young Minds One Word at a Time
by Ross Horsley

5.0 out of 5 stars E is for Excellent..., 1 Feb. 2011
...or at least it would be by the standard laws of definition, but these don't quite apply in this darkly funny and vaguely disturbing book.

A perfect gift for the friend who has everything (or indeed, anything). Witty, laugh-out-loud funny, and possibly mentally scarring, it's the dictionary you wish they'd taught you in primary school to prepare you for the real world. The innocent illustrations are a joy in themselves, but take on a life of their own when coupled with the author's darker associations.

Buy one, read it in a darkened room, then leave it casually lying around for a friend to happen upon, then watch them try to stifle their guilty laughs.

Now how about writing a thesaurus?..

Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Shelf, Chrome, Large
Croydex Twist 'N' Lock Shelf, Chrome, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised providing you follow the instructions to the letter!, 17 Jan. 2011
Bought this item from a rival store to house washing up paraphanallia in the kitchen. Stuck it on the wall without reading the instructions first of all and sure enough it fell down shortly afterwards when loaded with washing up liquid, dishcloths etc. Cleaned the tiles, read the instructions and repositioned it carefully and it's now been up for weeks and shows no sign of budging.

I suspect any deviation from the instructions would cause this type of suction shelf to falter, but once they're up, they stay up!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3