Profile for Contributor77 > Reviews

Singing Machine iSM398BT Bluetooth Tablet Karaoke Machine, Blue/White
Singing Machine iSM398BT Bluetooth Tablet Karaoke Machine, Blue/White

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs lots of improvements..., 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In a nutshell, this is a speaker with a microphone plugged into it! Yes it has a balance control and ability to add echo but when it comes down to it, it's nothing special, the speakers are a bit tinny when turned up and even with the microphone turned right up you have to almost eat the microphone to get a decent audible noise thru the speakers...

Then we get to the app you download, save yourself the hassle as there's only a few songs that you can use even if you subscribe to the service which I assume is the overall intention with this product. Save yourself the subscription fee as most songs as available via YouTube as Karaoke versions and work in the same way.

Chai, Chaat & Chutney: a street food journey through India
Chai, Chaat & Chutney: a street food journey through India
by Chetna Makan

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cook book I've had in years, 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Loved watching this lady cook on the GBBO and her book is fantastic, I'm already massively into Indian culture and cuisine and to go through this book was like being on part of this journey with her.

The street food recipes are altered here and there in Chetna's own special way, but we all do this with our recipes so no bother on that front. Having had the book a few weeks now I am already one third of all the recipes created. Not found a bad one yet, all the recipes are easy to follow and ingredients not an issue to source.

Here's hoping there's a follow up book sometime in the future!

REVLON Pro Collection Salon Digital One Pass Styler - RVST2167
REVLON Pro Collection Salon Digital One Pass Styler - RVST2167

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pro Features, 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seems like the bells and whistles from lower models have been removed or swapped out for the high-end professional features such as adjusting ceramic plates and longer cable length that the cheaper ones don't have. I did prefer the digital display on the lower model I had previously but am prepared to sacrifice this for the other features.

Heat up time is on par with the market leading brand I have used for almost 20 years, build quality is up there with the best too. All in all I'm very satisfied with them.

Tork 130034 wiping paper Premium / Long lasting paper roll compatible with Tork M2 centrefeed system / 1 x 6 rolls (6 x 165m)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good absorbent rolls which last a heck of a long time in my small commercial kitchen. Great that they unroll from the middle as this saves fuss finding the end. Never used this brand before but seen it regularly. Having tried these I'm converted, a ​great amount of paper tissue for the price.

Pifco P28033 Rechargeable Handy Vacuum Cleaner, 22.2 V, 130 Watt, Grey/Blue
Pifco P28033 Rechargeable Handy Vacuum Cleaner, 22.2 V, 130 Watt, Grey/Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Room for improvement., 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With its two suction speeds it seems to perform pretty well on the smooth floors like laminate and lino. Carpet a little tricker, got for the use of our large tent but struggles to vacuum properly as the lower suction power still grips the carpet and doesnt allow movement of the vacuum due to the carpet only lying on top of the tent floor.

Doesn't like to be stood upright on wooden floors as it slips over easily. 2nd crash to the floor several pieces broke apart and springs went flying, put it back together quite easily but would have expected a better build quality of some system to stand it up.

Would also like to see a universal​ charging adapter like USB mini or Micro, I get annoyed having to look around these days for the "specific" charger for an item.

Overall does the job but could be better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2017 12:53 PM BST

SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30 A1 - FFP

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless as usual., 16 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As good as ever - always blown away how much data fits into such a tiny bit of kit! Write speeds are phenomenal using my HD camcorder and the adapter works well too. The only​ gripe is the packaging, you feel like you're likely to snap the card trying to get it out from the sealed box.

Dynamite Dare
Dynamite Dare

3.0 out of 5 stars Novelty game..., 14 July 2017
This review is from: Dynamite Dare (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fairly amusing but novelty factor wears off after a few goes. It's a smarter version of buckaroo that involves less skill and sheer luck. Takes only a minute to build out of the box and fun for a few games.

Skin Republic Caviar + CoQ10 Face Mask 25ml
Skin Republic Caviar + CoQ10 Face Mask 25ml
Offered by i-adore hair & beauty

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 4 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After washing and cleaning face before applying the serum my face already felt soft and supple. Even after using this a couple of times, whether it was straight away or the day after applying I still felt as though my skin wasn't improved. Perhaps my oily skin doesn't work too well with this or my skin is just good enough... In a nutshell, no improvement felt for the time and effort spent applying and using.

Also didn't really like the packaging, getting the product out of the packet was awkward and fiddly, room for improvement here too...

The Surge (PS4)
The Surge (PS4)
Offered by GamersCorner

4.0 out of 5 stars Mix of various game styles, 4 July 2017
This review is from: The Surge (PS4) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An intriguing game that mixes up a couple of different styles of gameplay. Got challenging after a few hours and also got a little tedious. The story line was fairly ok but hasn't gripped me enough to keep playing, might have another go but at this time I have a few other games that deserve my attention more. Nice to see something fairly new come to market but in order for it to go and get what it set out to could have been a little more diverse as the game went on. Perhaps linear at points in time... Start of the game and the tutorial​ was well put together. Perhaps a sequel would address a few of these concerns but well done for the concept.

Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One)
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One)
Offered by Rush Gaming

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak story but game ok, 4 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I never played the first Halo Wars I was interested to see how this played as I used to play similar styles of games, my favourite old time game was Dune 2 the battle for Arakys. In a way, it's a good game but the more it goes on you have to be well and truly in a concentrating mode. The easiest way to summarise this is the training mission, I managed to have all my troops killed yet the mission was still underway! Yes I suffered a moment of nodding off late at night after a busy day, trying to figure out what had happened upon establishing consciousness confused the heck our of me.

Never the less I persevered with the game for a few levels and have found it's not really for me. It does tie in with the whole Halo franchise but in a weak sense. Not had any crashes with the game and it installed pretty quick. Controls are easy enough once you have played the intro mission a couple of times to familiarise yourself with the commands.

As the game went on I felt the story was lacking and it was just another level of a different terrain and strategy to figure out. Good to while away some time but didn't​ feel engrossed to carry on and complete the game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20