Profile for Dean Robert Wood > Reviews

Content by Dean Robert Wood

Dean Robert Wood

Via Dalma II
Via Dalma II

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed as four or five of the songs appear on ..., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Via Dalma II (Audio CD)
Bought this as a Mothers Day present. Disappointed as four or five of the songs appear on the CD Via Dalma. Poor value for money really.

The Best Of Etta James
The Best Of Etta James
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Etta James (Audio CD)
Funky, soulful, seriously sexy. This lady sings them likes she really feels them and means them. I don't know anything about Etta's personal life, but she must have experience the depths of sorrow, the pinnacle of happiness and had a passion to sing like this.

Gold - All Her Greatest Hits
Gold - All Her Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 13 Jun. 2013
There is not much more that can be said about Lady Ella's wonderful voice and singing style. Even the sad songs sound like she is singing with a smile in her voice. Great stuff . I did nor realise this was a double CD when I ordered it, great value for money!

Modern Classics: The Greatest Hits
Modern Classics: The Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 13 Jun. 2013
I bought this CD for the song "Stones" I was not very aware of Paul Wellers work apart from this. There are many different influences on Paul Wellers music but it also has his own distinctive style superimposed. Each track is a fine example of Modern British Rock music.

Tanto
Tanto

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant., 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Tanto (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as a present for my mother. She plays it very regularly, it's often on the CD player when I go to visit. A very pleasant and enjoyable singer to listen.to.

The Best Of Joss Stone 2003 - 2009
The Best Of Joss Stone 2003 - 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff., 13 Jun. 2013
I had only heard one song by this artist (Don't ya wanna ride) and bought the CD on the strength of this. Taking the risk paid off, some very nice groovy, funky, soulful songs on the CD. I am glad I bought it.

Hits Collection
Hits Collection
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hits Collection (Audio CD)
The CD arrived in good time. All the well known song s are on this CD. There are perhaps one or two songs that don't quite make the grade for me, but these things are always subjective. Overall a good product at a great price.

The Story of Science [DVD]
The Story of Science [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mosley

4.0 out of 5 stars Story of Science., 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Story of Science [DVD] (DVD)
Item arrived promptly and in good condition. I was pleasantly surprised to find a bonus CD included. Like any DVD attempting to tell the story of a vast and ever expanding subject such as science, it has its limitations. Some things I expected to find were omitted, but on the other hand it did include some interesting things I was not aware of. I bought this DVD to try to interest my family in the wonders of science, we still have one episode left to view. On the whole I would say it does what any good book or DVD should do, which is encourage and inspire those who see it to seek more knowledge and understanding.