Profile for Histrionics > Reviews

Star Wars - The Clone Wars [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Matt Lanter
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars We liked it, 8 Dec. 2008
I rented this film because of the negative reviews here. I will now be buying it. First of all, I had low expectations and was thus pleasantly surprised. I will keep this short.

1. The animation takes a bit of getting used to, but it works.
2. Action is super. Love the big battles, they keep you glued to the seat.
3. Annakin is much more likeable, not a snot-nosed, whiney little brat like in the prequels. He is an awesome Jedi in this and a good hero.
4. The sound, as expected from Lucas, is just mind-melting in surround.
5. Overall, likeable, entertaining, and a good film when removed from the Star Wars stigma of having to be epic.

Powerball Neon Pro - Amber
Powerball Neon Pro - Amber
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed., 20 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Powerball Neon Pro (Sports)
I bought this a few weeks ago after stumbling upon it and reading all the positive reviews. I have to say I was a little skeptical at first, but I have become a big fan. Already in a few weeks of use I feel a big difference in arm strength and my mild pains from working on computers all day have all but disappeared. And if you want the Kung-Fu grip, this is the thing for you.

Getting it to spin really isnt that hard, I had it down after a few attempts after watching videos on Youtube and once you get it to spin, it is kind of like riding a bike, it is really not difficult to do.

It may not be as effective as weights, but after a couple months you should have some very strong arms, and a monster grip. When it gets spinning at high RPM's you have to hold it tighter, and the faster it spins the harder it is to hold on to. But the big difference to weights is...it is FUN. I look forward to coming home at night after work and giving it a whirl.

I highly recommend this product, but beware, it can be very addictive!

EDIT- After watching Youtube videos I wondered if it as loud as it seems on some of those videos. It is not. It simply sings a nice hum which definitely won't bother the neighbors even if you live in an apartment.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Judge the game, not the OB botch-up, 15 Sept. 2008
GOA did drop the ball on the OB, but once I got in, I didn't experience any lag or crashes for 4 days straight. For an OB that is pretty rare. And to make up for the botched OB start, all OB testers in EU get a free week of play as compensation. GOA seems to have learned from their mistake.

Now, the game itself is just a damn blast! I haven't had as much fun playing a game in years. Even the PvE is not grindy, and the public quests are a nice way to get together and work in a group for objectives. RvR is simply a blast. You can waste away hours doing that(and at the same time gain exp, gold, kit, and realm renown). You CAN level just doing pvp if you want, but you will level faster doing pve and PvP. But trust me, coming from a hardcore PvP'er in every game I have played since Atari Combat (yeah, TANKS!) the pve is not boring and is actually fun to do while killing time waiting to jump into a pvp scenario. While you may not get a full PvE fix as in the "other" MMO, if you are looking for PvP it is definitely worth checking out.

I definitely plan to sign up for a subscription after my early access and head-start run out.

Like I said...judge the game, not the Open Beta botch-up (and thank us OB testers for suffering so that you may enjoy a smooth launch)

The negative, and why it only gets 4 stars total...

The graphics won't challenge your top-end machine in the least, but they are acceptable, and there is talk about increasing the graphics adjustment possibilities. But I am there to play and have fun, graphics are just eye candy after a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2009 8:40 AM BST