Profile for E. McMinn > Reviews

E. McMinn

LeapFrog LeapReader/Tag Junior Book: Disney Princess A Heart Full of Love
LeapFrog LeapReader/Tag Junior Book: Disney Princess A Heart Full of Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Very frustrating to set up., 9 April 2011
Leapfrog really need to get their Connect software sorted out. Connect is a programme you have to install on your PC or Mac so that you can download the book audio to the Tag handset. I had huge problems with this on our new laptop with Windows 7 but after many frustrating hours I found success with our older Windows XP PC. On reading the support forums on the Leapfrog website I realised that there have been problems with this software for years.

All of that aside, the Tag Junior system is good fun and my two year old daughter does enjoy playing the sounds and stories in the Princess book. She loves Cinderella so will happily play away with it. Not sure she's old enough yet to really get any educational value from it though. More a storybook with sound effects!

LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Pal (Pink)
LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Pal (Pink)
Offered by Lucky's Marketplace

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play? Not quite!, 15 Mar. 2011
This toy is a great idea and educational, my daughter lives reading so it is an obvious choice for her second birthday but we have had huge problems completing registration of the software and being able to download the audio books as Leapfrog have many issues with the software. Looking at the forums on their support page will show you just how many people can't get the software to work on their PC/Mac - Leapfrog seriously need need to rethink. Had to link this toy to a friend's PC as it just wouldn't work with mine.

Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather (Pink)
Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather (Pink)
Offered by HappiKid

4.0 out of 5 stars Bath support, 4 July 2009
This bath support has come in handy with my 3 month old daughter. She's a little too big and squirmy to use the baby bath now so this allows me to bathe her in the big bath without giving myself backache! Once she is sitting in the seat I have both hands free to wash her. My only gripe is that the chair sits quite high up, therefore you need to fill the bath with quite a bit of water so that baby doesn't get cold. I am not sure it will be so good in winter for this reason. Not so bad in the summer when the bathroom is warmer! Really handy for getting into all baby's creases too as you have two hands free to work with!