Profile for Ruth > Reviews

Content by Ruth

Ruth

The Large Family 5 Children books Set Collection (A Quiet Night In, A Piece of Cake, All In One Piece, Mr Large In Charge, Five Minutes' Peace)
by Jill Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars A real joy to share with a child., 1 Aug. 2015
My idea of heaven is sitting with a child on my lap enjoying a book together. These stories offer food for grown up and child. The pictures are delightful. Talking about these, encouraging the child to name or spot items are a prelude to reading. They are funny and loving. A real joy!

The Shape of Water (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 1)
The Shape of Water (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 April 2015
Gentle page turner.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, good value and fit well., 24 Feb. 2015
These are very good value. They are warm and fit me well....7 1/2. The fingers and thumb are long enough for me. I would recommend these for every day wearing. I think I might buy a second pair to have in reserve.

Seven Myths About Education
Seven Myths About Education
by Daisy Christodoulou

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 24 Feb. 2015
This is a thought provoking read for every teacher today. Easy to read and well argued.

Anno's Counting Book
Anno's Counting Book
by Mitsumasa Anno

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely wonderful book. This allows an real adventure and interactive experience for grown up and child., 17 July 2014
This review is from: Anno's Counting Book (Paperback)
This the most wonderful book to share with a child. The more you read it, the more there is to find. This book satisfies the reader as well as the listener. It promotes interaction between reader and listener. The idea of number and counting grows naturally and is exciting for all. What will come on the next page? The quality of the pictures is very attractive and accessible. As well as any number learning that might happen, this book also creates the basis of reading in that the pictures offer opportunities to look and find objects. These can be easy or more challenging for the child.
I first encountered this book, more than thirty years ago, when it was given to my son as a first birthday present. He and I enjoyed it so much and there was then the delight of enjoying it again with my other two children. Now I have given it to a a little girl next door for her first birthday.
Along with the Very Hungry Caterpillar, this is my favorite young children's book. I was so pleased to see that it was available again.

Pikolinos Women's P.Vallarta Fashion Sandals Red Rouge (Sandia) 4 (37 EU)
Pikolinos Women's P.Vallarta Fashion Sandals Red Rouge (Sandia) 4 (37 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pikolinos Vallarta sandals, 9 Jun. 2014
Lovely neat soft shoes. Ideal for the summer when open sandals are not appropriate. So good I bought the nude colour too.

Novada Genuine Leather iPhone 4 4S Flip Case Cover - Duke Collection - Black
Novada Genuine Leather iPhone 4 4S Flip Case Cover - Duke Collection - Black
Offered by Maikai Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars 4S HOCO leather cover, 9 Jun. 2014
This is a very strong but very thin phone cover. It is leather, not a substitute. Very neat. Fits easily in my tiny handbag.

Rieker 43705-40, Women's Mary Jane, Beige (Taupe), 4 UK (37 EU)
Rieker 43705-40, Women's Mary Jane, Beige (Taupe), 4 UK (37 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable neat shoes., 31 Mar. 2014
This is the second pair of these shoes I have bought. At the end of last summer I realised that the first pair might die this year. They are comfortable and neat,look good under jeans and generally very useful within my wardrobe. I decided not to be without them so bought another pair

Quilted Symphony: A Fusion of Fabric, Texture & Design [With Pattern(s)]
Quilted Symphony: A Fusion of Fabric, Texture & Design [With Pattern(s)]
by Gloria Loughman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun on the horizon., 10 Jun. 2013
This book is very inspiring. The process of using her method is very clearly and supportively laid out. I feel that I could successfully use her ideas and plan to do so later this week.

Kindle Fire HD User's Manual: How to Use Your Tablet With Ease: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Started, Tips, Tricks, Applications and More

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire User`s Manual:How to Use Your Kindle Fire HD, 12 Feb. 2013
I have used my device for about 6 weeks. It is great but I have questions about apps and queries about aspects of the device which this book really did not cover. It seems to be written for the American market. Overall I was disappointed.