Profile for Tondy > Reviews

Tondy

Page: 1 | 2
Swaying
Swaying

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a very good take on a controversial subject and there are surprises ..., 11 April 2016
This review is from: Swaying (Kindle Edition)
It is a very good take on a controversial subject and there are surprises throughout. Very interesting.
Good luck to anyone with the determination to have a go - and good luck to Lucinda and her following novels.

Missing Persons
Missing Persons

3.0 out of 5 stars missing, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Missing Persons (Kindle Edition)
Well-written and characters drawn well. Very visual but for me too sad and even at the end I didn't feel satisfied with it - unusual because i am a great fan of Nicci Gerrard's thrillers.

The Kashmir Shawl
The Kashmir Shawl

4.0 out of 5 stars KASHMIR, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Kashmir Shawl (Kindle Edition)
Well-written and the subject well-researched. I like the characters and the shawl took me through the stages of the book. The author knows India and the scenes are very visual.

Millie and the American Wedding
Millie and the American Wedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Millie, 27 Feb. 2013
Well-written, amusing and interesting subject. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters who were well-drawn. Good ending too that made it believable.

Pessimism for Beginners
Pessimism for Beginners

3.0 out of 5 stars Pessimism for beginners, 27 Feb. 2013
Decided it was not for me as I prefer narrative to poetry but I am sure poetry readers would enjoy it as there were many humorous and interesting pieces throughout.

Secret Smile
Secret Smile

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret smile, 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Secret Smile (Kindle Edition)
Very cleverly written, as I have come to expect from the Nicci French partnership. They keep us on tenterhooks all the way hrough and don't disappoint with the ending. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Miranda Hart - Such Fun: The Unauthorised Biography
Miranda Hart - Such Fun: The Unauthorised Biography

2.0 out of 5 stars Such Fun, 14 Feb. 2013
This was not well-written and instead of telling us more about Miranda herself, her life before stardom and her achievements, the author rambled on through many pages of celebrities on the way and their own successes. It was obvious that it was the unauthorised versioin of Miranda's biography. Such Fun it was only occasionally.

Second Time Around
Second Time Around

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time around, 14 Feb. 2013
Unusual treatment of this subject. Very enjoyabble and amusing at the same time. The characters are believable and I am sure that most women would enjoy reading it.

Catch Me When I Fall
Catch Me When I Fall

4.0 out of 5 stars Catch me when I fall, 14 Feb. 2013
As always well-written but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Nicci French books I have read. Felt a little disappointedin the ending.

Chosen (Chosen Trilogy Book 1)
Chosen (Chosen Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Chosen, 14 Feb. 2013
It just isn't my type of story though it was well-written. I can't say more. It just didn't appeal to me.

Page: 1 | 2