Profile for M. Hendrick > Reviews

Content by M. Hendrick

M. Hendrick "Shendi" (Kent, UK)

World's Biggest Sudoku
World's Biggest Sudoku

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: World's Biggest Sudoku (App)
Loving this, does start very easy though.

Disney Frozen Magnetic Scribbler
Disney Frozen Magnetic Scribbler
Offered by net_price_direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this and my niece loves it!, 3 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my niece and she absolutely loves it. She had got to the age where she kept wanting to use her brother's magnetic writer and so this was a good purchase. She uses it a lot and loves that it is a Disney Frozen one. I found that this also had a couple more of the magnetic stamps than some which is good.

Catit Senses Speed Circuit
Catit Senses Speed Circuit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for cats!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Catit Senses Speed Circuit (Misc.)
This toy comes in a box in pieces but only took a couple of minutes to assemble. There's a choice of whether to make a circle or a wiggly line. I went with the circle shown in the picture. I showed my cats what to do by batting the ball myself and the most confident of my 2 was playing with it right away. For me it's great as the ball can't escape saving me from constantly fishing balls out from under the sofa. They still play with other toys but love this. One of my cats likes to play against me by batting the ball to and fro. All in all a brilliant purchase, I'm currently considering buying more track to make it bigger!!!

Doro Neobio 25R DECT twin with answer machine - White
Doro Neobio 25R DECT twin with answer machine - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 30 Aug. 2009
We are really pleased with our new phones. We read the other reviews first and saw that the majority were positive so went ahead. Our old BT phones had serious battery problems so we replaced them with these. The sound quality is great, and the battery life is excellent. You do now get two bases with the phones so they have obviously listened to feedback from customers. In fact the only real downside to these phones is that each phone can only hold 20 numbers, so 40 in total. But I have to say I really don't think I would pay nearly twice the price to get a different make just because it can hold more phone numbers. In short they are a real bargain and the quality is excellent. We only hesitated because we weren't familiar with the brand. Also these phones have rechargeable triple a batteries to power them not some really expensive square battery. The info says to only use batteries from the manufacturer so if you do have a problem you can get some more. Obviously we haven't needed them but I would imagine they are a lot cheaper than the replacement batteries for other phones. I did notice one customer said they couldn't use call centres where you had to type numbers into the keypad because it wouldn't recognise their phone, well we haven't had this problem so whether they have changed the phones or not I don't know. So far we have had no problems at all and are really glad we chose them.

Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Cake & Biscuit Tin Set/3 Blue
Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Cake & Biscuit Tin Set/3 Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Dec. 2006
I love these tins I bought a set about a year ago as sets of pretty tins for storing the fruits of your baking are hard to find!! These look really good and survived a childrens party when I baked and decorated masses of fairy cakes. I was worried that the blue outside might get scratched but I had no problem, I was able to transport the tin by putting it in a carrier bag and it even survived going in my car boot on the way back as the car was too full. I am pleased with them as they are perfect for home baking but I do think you need to be a bit careful as I think it might be easy to dent the tin (particularly the lid) if you are a bit rough.

Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Latte Mug Set/4 Cream
Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Latte Mug Set/4 Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 28 Dec. 2006
I have been really pleased with my latte mugs. I have been using them for a year now and always put them in the dishwasher and they are still like new. I've had no problems with fading or handles falling off. They are brilliant quality look lovely and are always the first choice to use. I do wonder when some people have problems if they are using dishwasher tablets especially those with balls in. I always use powder because the tablets don't break down right away and can cause a lot of damage, everyone I know that uses them suffers fading of their china and their glasses are scuffed as if they are dirty.

Family Food: A New Approach to Cooking (Penguin Cookery Library)
Family Food: A New Approach to Cooking (Penguin Cookery Library)
by Heston Blumenthal

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kindred Spirit,, 26 Oct. 2006
Although I do not have children I was drawn to the book by Blumenthal's awesome reputation. The book is very easy to follow he even points out where problems might occur and how to prevent them. Like me he too is dismayed by the way companies are marketing junk food at children and when I read his intro especially about a certain juice company I knew we were indeed kindred spirits. So if you hate juice that is actually just chemicals and teddy bear faced sandwich meat this is the book for you, he draws on his experience with his own children as to how to get children to open up to new tastes and flavours and I think the book is brilliant the recipes taste just as good for an adult!!!