Profile for DebbieB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Trophy Child
The Trophy Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 4 Jun. 2017
This review is from: The Trophy Child (Kindle Edition)
A great thriller. I really enjoyed it. Interesting characters and kept me guessing to the end.

Polyurethane Leather Buckle Fastening with Loop Wide Waistband Black M YF10469-1
Offered by Yafex

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, useful and reasonable belt, 28 May 2017
Comfortable and useful and reasonably priced. What's not to like?!

Sister Sister: A truly gripping psychological thriller
Sister Sister: A truly gripping psychological thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and full of errors but oddly addictive, 28 May 2017
I'd really like to give this 2.5. There are appalling faults, but I still quite liked it.
The book is really carelessly written. In several places Luke and Tom are confused in a most ridiculous way. At location 694 - I say gratefully to Luke as we stand in the kitchen. 'Thanks'. Only it wasn't Luke, it was Tom wasn't it? At location 2029 - It's a standing joke that I didn't get Luke a birthday present one year - No not Luke, it should be Tom again. At location 4505 - I give Luke a kiss and luxuriate in his response...'Mmmm, I think we need to get you home, Mrs Tennison,' says Tom. He grins at me. What is it with this confusion? Did Sue Fortin decide to swap the main men's names at some point?

Also several clumsy pieces of writing 'her eyes sparkle like I have never seen them do so before'. There are other examples of poor use of English but I won't go on. Word echoes - my little display of frustration, closely followed by - my little display of petulance.

As for the plot, at the first mention of two names, I, and I'm sure virtually all other readers, see exactly where we are going with this. At the first mention of a certain drink, everyone knows what sort of thing it will contain. The only real surprises are to do with parenthood, have no function in the story other than to claim unforeseeable plot twists.

However it did keep me reading until the end despite the irritating mistakes and the easily anticipated plot development.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2017 11:46 AM BST

Flipside: A sequel to Doppelganger
Flipside: A sequel to Doppelganger

5.0 out of 5 stars Can dreams come true?, 25 April 2017
What an enthralling story. Richard has a wonderfully successful life. All that is missing is a wife, but he just can't find the right person, until one night he dreams about her. Chrissie is everything he wants but is unable to find in real life. Then one night the dreams stop...
This fascinating story is a sequel to Doppelganger but can be read as a stand alone short book. I highly recommend it.

Lies: The stunning new psychological thriller you won't be able to put down!
Lies: The stunning new psychological thriller you won't be able to put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault this fabulous thriller, 31 Mar. 2017
A fast paced, completely gripping psychological thriller. And it's really nice to find a UK writer who can do this as well as authors from USA. I was completely knocked out by this non-stop, exciting read.

Sometimes I Lie: A psychological thriller with a killer twist you'll never forget

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best books I have read, 26 Mar. 2017
Wow. I was absolutely knocked out by this fantastic debut psychological thriller. I could not put it down, I've read it virtually in one sitting. Lots of comparisons with Gone Girl have been made in the blurb promoting other books. I can honestly say that this is exactly as good as that book which was my very favourite thriller until now.
There are so many twists and turns in the book, none of them ridiculously unlikely as one often finds. I am now going back to the beginning to read it again to fully appreciate the skill taken in crafting this wonderful book.

The Truth about Tricia: A Life Touched by Love, Lies and Betrayal, Murders and Miracles

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane, 16 Mar. 2017
What an entrancing book. It took me right back to my childhood and then on through the decades. Tricia Gabbitas has captured and recreated those past days magnificently. And what dramatic days many of them were for her. She has lived a fascinating life full of ups and downs and adventures. I really enjoyed the read.

The Truth about Tricia: A Life Touched by Love, Lies and Betrayals, Murders and Miracles
by Tricia Gabbitas

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane, 15 Mar. 2017

Dreams of the Machines (Time Rats Book 2)
Dreams of the Machines (Time Rats Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving Angel (and the future of the world), 5 Dec. 2016
Angel is a 'companion robot' or a 'sex-bot' to use the slang term current in the year 2135. Her devoted owner Brian has illegally given her an intelligence upgrade with an ability to learn. He hopes that this will bring them closer. Unfortunately for Brian one of the first things Angel works out is that she doesn't like him much and wants to lead an independent life. She manages to relocate to the year 2050 where she hopes to pass as human. Brian is determined to track her through time and get her back.

Quinn from IEMA - the agency which controls illegal time travel gets involved when it appears that Angel's escape to the past has created a new future where robots have taken over the world. His mission is to find and destroy her. The 'Time Rats' Floss and Jace believe that they can save both Angel and the future of the human race. This brings them into conflict with Quinn again.

Angel is a most appealing character and I really enjoyed this exciting and intelligent book. It is a sequel to The Trouble with Time but can be read as a stand-alone novel.

Peach Rose Hair Clip Large Rose Fascinator Rose Hair Accessories Clip Elastic Wedding

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke straight away, 23 Sept. 2016
Unfortunately the clip broke as I took it out of the packet. For that price it's not worth the bother of returning it, but it was disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13