Profile for Singing Sue > Reviews

Content by Singing Sue

Singing Sue

The Best of Joni Mitchell: Eleven great songs in piano, vocal & guitar arrangements with full lyrics and guitar chord symbols
by Joni Mitchell
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars Play and sing Joni's greatest hits, 8 Sept. 2008
I bought this book so that I could sing some of Joni's great songs at singing lessons. It's a really good book, with lots of her best known songs - Big Yellow Taxi, Chelsea Morning, Chinese Cafe/Unchained Melody, Free Man in Paris, From Both Sides Now, In France they kiss on Main Street, Love, Otis and Marlena, Talk to me, Woodstock, You turn me on - I'm a radio.

The great thing about this book is that it not only gives you the arrangement for voice and piano but also shows the guitar chord symbols. So, it's great for accompaniment by either instrument.

A really useful book.

Luna
Luna
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Woman within, 22 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Luna (Audio CD)
Gabrielle Roth is the creator of 5 rhythms dance, a dance without steps, which she sees as a spiritual practice. I had read her books (I especially enjoyed "Sweat your Prayers: Movement as Spiritual Practice") and attended a workshop with her, and wanted to hear some of the music that she has created. I chose Luna as I liked the idea of connecting with the woman within. It's wonderfully flowing music that invokes the inner feminine. Not everyone's thing, but if you enjoy new age music and/or are interested in the 5 rhythms, then this could have a place in your collection.

Initiation
Initiation

4.0 out of 5 stars Initiation - 5 Rhythms, 22 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Initiation (Audio CD)
Gabrielle Roth is the creator of 5 rhythms dance, a dance without steps, which she sees as a spiritual practice. After a great workshop with Gabrielle, dancing the 5 rhythms, I wanted to take some of that blissful feeling home. Initiation seemed like a good place to start. Described as a "downtempo 5 rhythm ride", it guides you through the 5 rhythms - flowing, staccato, chaos, lyrical, stillness. It's a good introduction to Gabrielle's music. I'd also recommend her books - really interesting to read even if you don't get up and dance!

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [DVD] [2007]
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously slow and boring, 8 May 2008
Fortunately, I rented this film rather than bought it, as I had to give up 40 minutes in and just turn it off. So little happens that it was impossible to stay interested. I don't need ultra fast action but something would be good! I only stayed with it that long as I thought it had to pick up pace, but no. Not worth 2.5 hours of my time.