Profile for Pete easton > Reviews

Content by Pete easton

Pete easton

Page: 1 | 2
Frontline Medic - Gallipoli, Somme, Ypres: The Diary of Captain George Pirie, R.A.M.C., 1914-17
by Michael Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reference for OAs, 4 Mar. 2016
As an OA interested in WW1 and medicine/dentistry in particular this was a great purchase. He also refers to several other OAs he met during his service

Mud and Bodies: The War Diaries & Letters of Captain N A C Weir, 1914-1920
Mud and Bodies: The War Diaries & Letters of Captain N A C Weir, 1914-1920

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 18 Jan. 2015
This has been one of the most inspiring books of WW1 I have read. It hints at the horrors but does not dwell on them. Fascinating detail throughout

The Fear: The Last Days of Robert Mugabe
The Fear: The Last Days of Robert Mugabe

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Aug. 2014
Essential reading for anyone who knows anything about Rhodesia

When A Crocodile Eats the Sun
When A Crocodile Eats the Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfully accurate, 7 Aug. 2014
I lived in Northern Rhodesia from 1949 to 1958 and went to boarding school in Bulawayo from 1955-58 . It was a life of total bliss in those days, we spent a family holiday in the Nyanga mountains and Peter's descriptions take me right back there. Oh how I weep for the country where I spent a large part of my childhood. Such a pitiful waste of a generation and maybe many, many generations to follow. Magabe will be remembered as a terrible president and yet he had the potential to be a great man. Absolute power corrupts they say and in this case it is entirely true. The fact that he has stayed in power, just goes to show what an inept bunch of people the Shona are. They breed like rabbits - the Matabele are the true leaders and always should have been. Maybe too much dagga was smoked or skogeon drunk or the warrior men would have taken Harare by storm. No I am sure that the North Koreans had armed the Dingaans with their AK47s etc so they would survive against the natural flow of things.
Rise up oh ye strong men and put this man to shame Zimbabwe could yet become a wonderful country

Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa
Mukiwa: A White Boy in Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 Aug. 2014
I too grew up in both Northern and Southern Rhodesia from 1949 to late 1958. My father was Rector of Lusaka. Mother worked as a supervising nurse at Kabwata African clinic, so much of what Peter describes with his mother is familiar to me. Both my brother and I attended Whitestones Prep School in Hillside Bulawayo.
I can hardly wait to read the next novel.
Pete Easton

Easy Learning Grammar and Punctuation (Collins Easy Learning English)
Easy Learning Grammar and Punctuation (Collins Easy Learning English)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oi rilly nidded thiss, 12 Nov. 2013
Oi foinded thut ter rite a buk twas senshull I got a book and it really seems to be working already. My grammar has improved markedly and I feel better about myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 12 Nov. 2013
Although my iPhone 5 tells me nightly this is not apple kit it works perfectly and stretches a good distance

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the business, 12 Nov. 2013
A very useful piece of kit if you have had iPhone 4s or iPad 2s then get the modern version

New Iphone 5 5G Black PU Leather Flip Case Protective Cover + Touch Screen Stylus And Screen Protector
Offered by Baba Essentials 4U®

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what the picture shows, 12 Nov. 2013
When this turned up it was not the side to side cover, as it did not do what I wanted I.ve bought another

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it?, 12 Nov. 2013
As described turned up spot on time I cannot fault it. Small items like this are incredible value I cannot praise it enough

Page: 1 | 2