Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Claude in the Country
Claude in the Country
by Alex T Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant books., 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Claude in the Country (Paperback)
I love the Claude books and so does my son (just turned 7). Claude is a wonderful character but we especially love the enigmatic Sir Bobbly Sock who always makes us smile. The illustrations are delightful, the stories are entertaining and funny. The Claude books are some of the best children's books about (and I read a lot.) Highly recommend. More Claude please.

The School Gate Survival Guide
The School Gate Survival Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read., 25 Nov. 2014
Charming story. An easy read.

Addicted: A sexy, riotous summer bonkbuster
Addicted: A sexy, riotous summer bonkbuster

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy at your peril; precious time you won't get back., 25 Nov. 2014
Badly written clichés all the way and some apalling gender stereotyping thrown in for fun. I know all that is to be expected from this sort of book. Still it was amusing that the 'addict' who was a gorgeous woman addicted to sex required no rehab at all and was, in fact, the unscathed heroine. It was little surprise to see the author was male; the female characters were so poorly written. Mind you he did the men of the world no favours either.

If I read the word 'feasted' once I read it a dozen times. I think it was Mr May's favourite word although there were a few more clichéd competitors for that role. I actually can't believe I read the whole thing. More fool me.

On the plus side if you like glitzy, unrealistic, female characters catering to the whims of men in a bonkbuster which lacks style then this is the book for you. I suppose it would pass the time on a beach.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2015 12:58 PM GMT

Oh Great, Now I Can Hear Dead People! (The Oh Great Series Book 1)
Oh Great, Now I Can Hear Dead People! (The Oh Great Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 12 July 2014
Passed the time.

Stuff4 PU Leather Slim Folding Multi Position Case with Tri Fold Stand for Google Nexus 7 - Green
Offered by Stuff 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Revised review, 31 Jan. 2014
I did post a review for the company complaining that the product didn't look exactly like the picture - I purchased 3 of the cases, however, the company contacted me within minutes of my review to offer a refund.So I am posting this to reflect that customer service, which is excellent.

The covers didn't look exactly as pictured as the colour wasn't uniform across the back but wrapped around grey plastic. This doesn't really affect what they do however which is protect the tablet, and they do this well.

They still look ok - although I would have preferred them to look like they do in the picture but we are using them and have no complaints about quality.

Given that and the good customer service I received I would buy these again.

Great Value And Quality Set of 26 Nail Art / Nailart Stamp Plates / Stamper Templates With 160 Designs By VAGA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 May 2013
Brilliantly priced, wonderful designs I use frequently. What's not to like? A compulsive buy for nail art fans. My only criticism is that the little cupcake design on mine did not transfer particularly well.

A tip for users - these are particularly good with the Barry M foil effect polishes.

The Kite Runner (York Notes for AS & A2)
The Kite Runner (York Notes for AS & A2)
by Calum Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to an wonderful book, 8 May 2013
This is a very effective, nicely set out study guide. There is no substitute for reading the text itself (particularly one as good as The Kite Runner) but this will aid your understanding of it. I highly recommend it to students studying this novel.

Developing Skills in Textual Analysis Intermediate 2 and Higher Levels (SEM)
Developing Skills in Textual Analysis Intermediate 2 and Higher Levels (SEM)
by Susan MacDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for developing analysis skills, 8 May 2013
Very helpful book if you work through it. Has some useful annotated poems for intermediate and higher level. I would recommend it to anyone beginning these course particularly if you intend to do both Int. 2 and Higher English.

A Level Letts Explore: Othello (Letts Explore for A Level)
A Level Letts Explore: Othello (Letts Explore for A Level)
by William Shakespeare

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather dreary guide, 8 May 2013
This guide contains some of the necessary information on studying Othello but there are better study guides out there. It is useful but I wouldn't recommend having this guide alone.

Othello (York Notes for AS & A2)
Othello (York Notes for AS & A2)
by Rebecca Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent study guide., 8 May 2013
An excellent and comprehensive guide to the play, extremely useful as a study aid for students at school. I tutor English and would recommend it to students at Scottish Higher level not as a substitute for reading the play and practicing writing, but as an aid to guide you in your understanding of a great play.

Page: 1 | 2