Profile for P. Wagg > Reviews

Content by P. Wagg

P. Wagg "wonderfulwaggy" (Derby UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Berghaus Supalite II Gtx, Men High Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Chocolate Cp1), 12 UK (47 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fit but brilliantly made, 15 April 2017
lightweight is the word, they look brilliantly made, but am afraid the fit is not wide enough. I have ordered the Hillwalker which claim to be a wider fit, although heavier, I am sorry to have to return these

After You
After You
by Jojo Moyes

1.0 out of 5 stars utter Tosh, 23 Mar. 2017
This review is from: After You (Paperback)
i loved 'me before you' and though I'd been warned that this was not the same standard I bought it in a charity shop. Its utter Tosh. How can any read such rubbish and give it nearly 5 stars!

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
by Katarina Bivald

1.0 out of 5 stars A reader from Derby certainly doesn't recommend, 4 Mar. 2017
A drag from beginning to end. Watching a tortoise race a slow worm would be more fun. I read the first 50% and realised the hero and heroine wouldn't get it on til the end and still they didn't. I couldn't possibly waste more time on this chick-lit. So annoyed especially when a trusted friend recommended it. Utter trash

Days Without End
Days Without End
by Sebastian Barry

2.0 out of 5 stars Too dark for me, 7 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Days Without End (Paperback)
I'm not enjoying this book after reading two thirds. Why did I begin to read it? Costa winner I suppose. It's just to cruel and heartless. The 1st half about the genocide of the American Indians. The relationship between Thomas and John couldn't have happened in that era. And I can tell you for definite that gay men would not sign up for killing. I hope the story improves but I doubt it.

The Mountain Between Us
The Mountain Between Us
by Charles Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute TOSH, 5 Feb. 2017
Absolute Tosh.. Predictable from the start. Almost as bad as the cheap stories published in Take a Break type magazines. I can't belive I actually chose this.

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

Betron Earphones Hard Carry Case, Storage Bag for Samsung, Sennheiser, SoundMagic, Panasonic, JVC, Apple, Sony, Skullcandy Earphones
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jan. 2017
It's a simple cast to stop my partner losing his earphones.

The Girl in the Red Coat
The Girl in the Red Coat
by Kate Hamer

4.0 out of 5 stars ENGROSSING, INTENSE TALE. (tale being the operative word), 11 Jan. 2016
This book is a story, not a true tale and is not really believable. I believe it could not happen in this way. An intelligent 8 year old girl, kidnapped in Boston UK by a "PREACHER" , ends up being a healer in the US. After the kidnap, I was so worried about sexual predation that I was scared to go on, but thankfully that was not the case. I don't believe in miraculous healing, I hate the idea of Spiritualism but still I carried on reading. Alternating chapters are from the kidnapped child's point of view and then from the mother's point of view. The latter's view is much more believable. Stories of kidnapped children are the hardest to read so it's hard to say that I enjoyed it, but I needed to keep on reading as I couldn't cope if it ends badly. I am writing this whilst 80% through the book as I don't trust myself to write the review after I have finished it as I may give the end away. Still I will finish it - in the next hour . It is the kind of book I have to read in one sitting so I won't be kept awake thinking about the poor child and her mother. For a first novel, I have to so it is a Engrossing read and for that reason four stars. I am certain the author will write a 5* soon. . If you want a 5* kidnap story then read Ian McEwan's CHILD IN TIME. - That'll have you on the edge of your seat in the first chapter.

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern

5.0 out of 5 stars You can read magic, 11 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Night Circus (Paperback)
This is obviously my kind of book. I listened to it from Audible mostly whilst walking the dog round the park. I'd find myself getting lost or wandering in a direction to lengthen the walk. Sometimes I'd sit on a park bench to snatch a few more minutes before heading home. The magic within took me back to earlier days when teachers would tell such fantastical tales. I was filled with such contentment whilst enjoying this book. It is a fascinating adult fairy tale, simple enough to follow, fantastic magic within. It certainly worked it's magic on me, I can't remember such a good story before. Thanks

Mil-Tec British Coyote R/S Boonie With Neck Flap XL
Mil-Tec British Coyote R/S Boonie With Neck Flap XL

1.0 out of 5 stars The Hat that the cat can't sit in, 25 Aug. 2015
This hat is useless. For a start it's invisible so I can't find! So it's not protecting my bald spot from the sun. I ordered it on the 9 August it's now 25 August I should have set to with a needle and thread and an old t-shirt it would have been more useful than the hat I don't have already.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9