Profile for Mr. Ld Morris > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ld Morris

Mr. Ld Morris (Southampton, UK)

Halloween: Uncut (Director's Cut Edition) [DVD]
Halloween: Uncut (Director's Cut Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Malcolm Mcdowell
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Rob Zombie's HallOWeeN...my favourite film of all time, 19 Jun. 2008
Well to tell you the truth when I first heard about the reamke of john Carpenter's classic I saw sort of shocked to think hang on "there remaking Halloween...whats wrong with it" then I remember the likes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes remakes to believe ok maybe this could be alright, then sortly after becoming a fanatic of Rob Zombie's music and films and to discover that he is going to be the remakes director was when I began to think still is gonna be freakin awesome, the brutality and violence in his previous movies are mind-blowing and with the like of Halloween he is able to re-creat the Michael Myers story and make The Boogey scary once again. The end results proves that Zombie cares about characters and the true diehard Halloween fans all over thew world including us lot, the violence in the movie is to be taken realistic as possible and not over the top with the likes of 'House of 1000 corpses' Zombie is going for a realistic look as much as he can to say what if this was happening to you and it works. The body count in the film is amazing with many victims falling to his butcher knife and the other being tortured and slowly killed which Myers seems to enjoy doing. With an all star cast including Malcolm McCdowell as Dr.Loomis, Sheri Moon Zombie as Michael's mother, Danielle Harris in her third Halloween film this time as Annie Brackett, Kristina Klebe as the lovely Lynda, Scout Taylor-Compton as the spunky Laurie, Daeg Faerch with the best performance in the movie as young, mad Michael then the older version of the beast is played by Tyler Mane. The new look of Michael is breath taking Zombie has once again made Michael The Boogeyman.

The DVD contains an awesome special features disc with over an hour of extras including the most funny outtakes I have ever seen, an indepth look to the masks of Michael Myers, three part look into the production of Halloween- Make-up/costume, set design and finally props, there's a wicked addition clips from most of the cast, a special rehearsal from Scout as Laurie, the trailer and other Dimension movie trailers.

This is now my favourite Halloween movie out of the series and I would say that everyone into horror and Halloween fans worldwide to checkthis masterpiece out cause to me its the greatest film ever made...good job Zombie.

Hellbilly Deluxe
Hellbilly Deluxe

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Zombie's Nightmare hahaha, 19 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Hellbilly Deluxe (Audio CD)
I was always wondering what Rob Zombie's music sound liked ever since falling in love with his film 'House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects' then it wasn't until I found out that he was directing the remake of my favourite film Halloween I though OK I have to check this guys stuff. Hellbilly Deluxe was the first that I got mainly because of friends tellingme about 'Dragula and Living Dead Girl' the first time I put the cd into my cd player the introduction was creepy with Sheri moon Zombie talking about the Devil and her creepy laugh then Zombie hitting us with the first heavy track 'Superbeast' I began to lose my mind in my room...the music, the lyrics and mainly Zombie's voices began to make me start me jumping around and really getting into his stuff.
With the likes of Dragula, Living dead girl, Demonoid Phenomenon, meet the creeper, Return of the phantom stranger and my favourite cause of its awesome heaviness The ballad of resurrection Joe and Rosa whore. This is one of the most fantastic albums ever released and you must own it in your collection. What a perfect way to start of your Rob Zombie collection then starting with this.
The book is amazing colourful and full of amazing artwork by Zombie himself which is done is a EC comic-book 'Tales from the Crypt' type of way. This album should have more stars if possible and out of his collection this is the absolute best but also bare in mind check out therest of his albums cause you won't be dissapointed.

Trash.
Trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Trash. (Audio CD)
Trash is such an amazing album...this is one of the best shock rock albums you could ever want to hear, the album contain my favourite and his most memorable song of all time POISON which is the reason I brought the album in the first place then to my discovery being blown away by the rest of the songs just being kick-ass and fantastic.
This is one for all Cooper fans worldwide...if yourjust getting into Alice then I would start by getting this one first as like I said it contain POISON the song that changed alot of people including me the first time I heard it.

Brutal Planet/Dragontown
Brutal Planet/Dragontown

5.0 out of 5 stars love both albums just poor packaging, 19 Jun. 2008
I totally agree but the only reason I'm giving it 5 stars is for both albums I'm not really bothered about the packaging I mean it would have been nice to see some pictures, lyrics or even a book to it but I'm more for about the cd's themself and they are both so amazing...Cooper gone heavy and its totally fantastic to listern to.