Profile for Mr. R. G. P. Parry > Reviews

Inflatable Dinosaur 76cm
Inflatable Dinosaur 76cm
Offered by Accessory-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Inflatable Dinosaur 76cm, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Inflatable Dinosaur 76cm (Toy)
I can't say I'm disappointed with the product because (a) it was delivered to Ireland as directed and I'm in Western Australia; and (b) I knew the height when I bought it.
What I would really have liked to send was an inflatable dinosaur similar to a Yogi Bear product in the 70s which was about 150cm tall and loaded with some weight in the base which allowed it to be knocked down and it would automatically recover upright position.

Underground: How the Tube Shaped London
Underground: How the Tube Shaped London
by David Bownes

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 15 May 2013
The book was excellent about the history of the Underground time-wise, politically, architecturally, and community-wise but was very poor on the mechnical side of the rolling stock, its developmental details etc. Difficult to understand how someone could write so much about a rail way and be so skimpy about what rolls on the rails!!

Pwllheli: The port and mart of Llyn
Pwllheli: The port and mart of Llyn
by Lewis Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally detailed reference, 15 May 2013
My sister bought me a copy of this book 30 years ago. I bought this for a friend who has a very keen interest in maritime history. He comes from Morfa Nefyn, a little way out of Pwllheli and is delighted with the book.

Cwm Tecaf, Y - Cwm Pennant Ddoe a Heddiw
Cwm Tecaf, Y - Cwm Pennant Ddoe a Heddiw
by David Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanes buw (Living history), 15 May 2013
I'm Welsh and although living away from Wales since 1951, am a fluent Welsh speaker and reader. My paternal grandmother came from Cwm Pennant. It was a delight to read a book written in the Welsh I spoke when living in Pwllheli so many years ago.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so I bought this copy for my sister and brother in law (also from Pwllheli)

2013 Collins Big Road Atlas Britain (Collins Britain Big Road Atlas (Spiral))
2013 Collins Big Road Atlas Britain (Collins Britain Big Road Atlas (Spiral))
by Harpercollins Publishers Ltd.
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars An appreciated reference, 15 May 2013
We're visiting UK next week. We used this Atlas when there in 2008 and we thought we should get an up-to-date copy.

Gideon's Spies: The Inside Story of Israel's Legendary Secret Service
Gideon's Spies: The Inside Story of Israel's Legendary Secret Service
by Gordon Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond credulity, 15 May 2013
This is our second copy. We enjoyed it so much we gave this to a friend who had read ours and wanted her own copy.