Profile for Ian T > Reviews

Content by Ian T

Ian T (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Campingaz Super Carena® Single Burner Stove (Cylinder not included)
Campingaz Super Carena® Single Burner Stove (Cylinder not included)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, simple and efficient, 5 Sept. 2017
Screws straight into the top of a R904 or R907 cylinder. Ideal for water boiling or simple cooking.
It is ideal for carrying in a car for one-person camping, or to stop and brew some tea. However, It and the gas cylinders are too large and heavy for carrying in a rucksack for hiking trips.
It is also handy to have at home in case of power cuts.
It is robust and good value for money.

Lowe Alpine Air Zone Pro Backpack - 35 Litres, Black
Lowe Alpine Air Zone Pro Backpack - 35 Litres, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A very efficent and comfortable rucksack., 5 Sept. 2017
Efficient packing with various "pockets", side access and space for a 3 litre hydration bladder. The trekking pole clips, and "spider web" (great for quick access to rain wear) are well thought out.
Very comfortable to carry, with adjustments to tailor to personal preferences.
The AirZone keeps the back cool.
This rucksack is larger than my previous day pack and I am still using the extra volume to carry more than I need. I will learn in due course.

Thule 960 961 962 969 963 Aero WingBars Rubber Strip Wind Diffuser Spare Part 52102
Offered by Graham Goode Cycles Leicester

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but does what I need, 5 Sept. 2017
I normally fit bike rack(s) to my wing bars, and I cut sections from the original rubber insert to fit them.
From time to time I remove the bike racks to carry long items such as a ladder or lengths of wood. I bought the spare rubber insert to fill the whole length of the wing bar track in these circumstances.
It does what I need, and as an original Thule spare, it is of good quality. However, when all is said and done, it is only a short piece of rubber, and I consider it overpriced for what it is.

Ultralite Pro 300
Ultralite Pro 300
Offered by Summits outdoor

3.0 out of 5 stars If I was 4 inches shorter I would give 5 Stars, 5 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Ultralite Pro 300 (Misc.)
I would normally have bought this from Amazon, but needed it immediately so bought it at a considerably higher price from a local camping store.
In most respects, this is a superb sleeping bag. It is lightweight and compact. It is thermally efficient keeping me warm in cold weather but not too hot when the weather is warmer.
The sleeping bag is specified as suitable for people up to 1.9m tall. I am 1.88m tall, but my shoulders protrude out of the bag. This was not a problem during this summer's camping, but it will be an issue as the weather gets colder.
This is a quality sleeping bag. If the bag was longer, or if I was four inches shorter, I would give it five stars. However, it is too short for me so I can only give it three stars.

Logitech Z313 Speaker System - Black
Logitech Z313 Speaker System - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate performance at a good price, 1 Sept. 2017
I bought this to replace an old Logitech speaker system that gave about six years of good service until one day it just stopped working (power supply inside the sub woofer failed I think).
The Z313 meets my needs. It gives reasonably good quality sound in a bedroom when connected directly to an iPod or iPhone, or for Apple AirPlay when connected to an Apple Airport Express. It is compact and unobtrusive with the sub-woofer on the floor beneath a desk.
At the price charged it represents good value in my opinion.

Game of Thrones: Season 6
Game of Thrones: Season 6
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage
Offered by TVserieshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series and great quality, but problem with top menu., 8 Aug. 2017
Great series. Blueray version has excellent quality video and sound, and useful pop-up explanations of scenes, characters and locations.
I have experienced problems with the top menus. Unless I select "play all" the top menu disappears, nothing happens, and I have to reload the DVD and start again.

The Pembrokeshire Coast Path (UK Long-Distance Trails)
The Pembrokeshire Coast Path (UK Long-Distance Trails)
by Dennis Kelsall

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact but comprehensive, 18 Jun. 2017
Very helpful guide with good description of the routes.....at least the ones I hiked. Compact to fit in a day bag or pocket. The removable 1:25k OS map section is very convenient.

Draper 55108 3-Piece 9-22 mm Capacity Nut Splitter Set
Draper 55108 3-Piece 9-22 mm Capacity Nut Splitter Set
Offered by Toolville Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, but not yet needed, 16 Jun. 2017
I bought these nut splitters after having problems with worn nuts on an old piece of equipment I was dismantling. I had to cut those off with an angle grinder. Since receiving the Draper nut splitters it is inevitable that I have not had any jammed, damaged nuts to remove. They seem to be of more than adequate quality for my infrequent need, and I am happy they are available​ in my tool box for when I need them.

Bentley Garden Patio Heater Waterproof Tarpaulin Cover with Full Zip
Bentley Garden Patio Heater Waterproof Tarpaulin Cover with Full Zip

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, waterproof, and stands up to the weather, 16 Jun. 2017
I bought this to cover a floor mounted punch bag that stays outside all year, rather than a patio heater. The cover was just the right size and a very attractive price. It has worked perfectly and has not deteriorated. If I ever buy a patio​ heater I will also buy another of these covers.

OS Explorer OL36 South Pembrokeshire (OS Explorer Map)
OS Explorer OL36 South Pembrokeshire (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars OS = Quality and Accuracy, 16 Jun. 2017
It's an Ordnance Survey map so it is great. The downloadable digital version to use with the Ordnance Survey app on a smartphone is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20