Profile for A. J. Mc > Reviews

Dark Grey For Huawei P10 DR.YEAST Flip Smart View Cover
Dark Grey For Huawei P10 DR.YEAST Flip Smart View Cover
Offered by DR YEAST

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, breaks easily., 7 Oct. 2017
I like the look and feel of the case but this is the 2nd one I have bought within a couple of weeks where dropping it less than a foot while charging on a low shelf on to the floor has resulted in the thin bar above the camera breaking.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iPad Air Case (NOT for iPad Air 2), ESR iPad Air Smart Case Cover Ultra Slim Synthetic Leather and Translucent Frosted Back Magnetic Cover with Auto Wake & Sleep Function for Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 Case (Mysteriou Black)
Offered by ESR Case EU Store

Just the Job, Lad: More Tales of a Yorkshire Bobby
Just the Job, Lad: More Tales of a Yorkshire Bobby

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 23 Feb. 2013
I love Pannett's humour and easy style of writing. Have re read a couple of his books as its just a nice read.

Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay
Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if AirPlay worked properly all the time., 23 Feb. 2013
I bought 2 of these after upgrading my phone to the iphone5 and also switched my router to Apple AirPort Extreme. I really thought this would be a great upgrade to my old speaker docks.

When they work they sound good even at higher volumes, set up is fairly straight forward following the quick start guide. They look good as well.

Negatives are the constant dropping of the wifi connection which then renders them pointless. Sometimes just unplugging them for a few seconds sorts the problem as they will reconnect to wifi network automatically. Occasionally they don't so I have in the last 3 months had to go through the setup process a couple of times a month. What is odd is that I have 2 of them and both have same issue, yet I have Apple TV, ipad,iPhone, consoles etc so I'm confident it's not a wifi issue as nothing else seems to have a problem.

I don't know if this is a Phillips problem or just AirPlay being poor with non Apple hardware. I'm going to persevere as I have to. I should have returned them to amazon within the 30 days.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2013 3:51 PM BST

SoundWave SW50 Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black
SoundWave SW50 Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 July 2012
Was looking for a bathroom speaker solution that avoided having my iPhone sitting in a steam filled room for hours on end and this is it.

Very impressed with the sound quality and build for the price. Bluetooth connection is solid and pairing up as always was simple so can leave my phone in another room and Bluetooth the audio through to the bathroom.

Couple this with iphone tunein app and it's a perfect digital radio/mp3 player solution which won't cost the earth to replace when it eventually corrodes to junk.

Ganz Integral Protective Film for Apple iPhone 4/4S
Ganz Integral Protective Film for Apple iPhone 4/4S

5.0 out of 5 stars take your time and rtfm, 13 July 2010
I have always seen these on friends phones and decided that with my new Iphone4 I would give it a bash. I'm delighted with it. I hate chunky cases and no matter how much I try and look after my gadgets I usually will end up putting my new shiny toy in my pocket with keys and coins.

The zagg shield has solved that problem and it really is good with scratch protection. Just have to try and avoid dropping it now.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice if I could play it, 11 Nov. 2009
Thanks once again to the mighty Steam what should have been a fun experience is ruined. I'm never buying anything with Steam slapped on it again.

Cant activate it till the 12th?????

Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Continuniation of the series, 18 Nov. 2008
Great fun. Especially like the flame thrower and manual use of mortar shells. Wanted to get from Amazon but out of stock so went to Carphone Warehouse and they have it for 34.99!

Apple iPod Classic 160GB - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPod Classic 160GB - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars decent kit, 9 Oct. 2007
Upgraded from the previous version nano. Good quality and great price considering what Creative, Sony et al are trying to flog for more. And does anyone seriously think a gadget with a rechargeable battery is going to last more than a year or two before replacing it?

Lowepro Napoli 5 Soft Leather Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Lowepro Napoli 5 Soft Leather Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Ixus 70, 4 Oct. 2007
Got this along with the camera from Amazon. Chuffed with the camera but very pleased with the case. Nice quality feel and look to it and much better for having a magnet rather than velcro. Every time I used my last case it felt like everyone within a mile would turn and look at me every time I opened the case!

Good value and a perfect fit.

Page: 1 | 2