Profile for MR J FYFE > Reviews

Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro
Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro
by Charly Wegelius

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts off well, and then tails off, 17 Aug. 2013
I enjoyed the first few chapters, which concentrate on Charly's early career, but then I got a bit fed up reading about how hard it was being a pro cyclist - I kind of guessed that it might be a bit hard without him reminding me every chapter. I find it hard enough dragging myself up slight inclines, and have watched pro racing for long enough, to know that it's a bit more difficult than my poor efforts. I also found the chapter dedicated to his "positive" test rather pointless, especially as the introduction stated that the book was not about doping; to then go on and dedicate a chapter to how he had a naturally high hematocrit level did not sit comfortably with me - especially when other parts of the book referenced the need for altitude training. I had approached this book with an open mind, but after reading it feel that he was less than honest about what happened during his time as a pro. This could have been an excellent read but fell short. The omerta has a tight grip; providing a "disclaimer" at the beginning of the book that the decision was to not concentrate on doping is a complete cop out.

Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Short-Sleeved Top - Red, X-Large
Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Short-Sleeved Top - Red, X-Large
Offered by SUB SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compression baselayer, 17 Aug. 2013
I have a number of long sleeve compression base layers and was looking for a well priced short sleeve version - this one appealed mostly due to the price. Having worn it a few times now whilst cycling I can recommend it 100%, and plan on purchasing more. My previous purchases have been of different brands, but I reckon that this is the best compression base layer that I have tried.