Profile for Anthony2014 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Drowning in the Shallow End
Drowning in the Shallow End

5.0 out of 5 stars a confident debut, 17 Feb. 2014
I enjoyed reading this inventive memoir. It’s written in a clear, straightforward style and tells the story of two friends who are as devoted to 80’s alternative music as they are to the enigmatic Pennie Fenton. The style of humour is quite dry and acerbic – just my cup of tea. Contains sharp observations on growing up, temptation and infatuation. Pleased that it doesn’t take itself too seriously, despite some of the themes involved. Great with a glass of wine at the weekend.

The Comparing Game: Escape The Comparing Paradigm, Embrace Your Own Uniqueness, Be Your True Self

5.0 out of 5 stars a really interesting read, 16 Feb. 2014
One thing I like this book is how it change your perspective on life and make you look at things in a whole different way. It's quite an fascinating topic to read about as it gives you a very interesting outlook on how people look at themself and other people. It also teaches you on how to get out of "the comparing game"and be your true self I would definitely recommend this book to peope who are constantly comparing with other. (Especially those who are always on facebook trying to match up the lifestyle of others

EPSO Sample Tests: Organising & Prioritising - 40 questions and answers to get you ready for EPSO exam

5.0 out of 5 stars this book was a life saver, 26 Jan. 2014
This book is a life saver it really helped me prepare for the EPSO test the book is so easy to read and understand and I found it one of the best ways to revise and prepare for this exam. The book is set out in a brilliant way with all the questions and answers set out in such an easy way to understand.

My main reason for getting this book was because I am looking into working for EU administration and as a result I need to pass this EPSO test. At first I was in two minds weather to get this book but I'm so glad I did I am now ready to take my EPSO test and hopefully I will pass with flying colours.

I would recommend this book to everyone who needs help passing this EPSO test it really help me and I don't know where I would have been without it. All in all a very helpful book and I'm really glad I downloaded it now.

The Clinic (a chilling thriller)
The Clinic (a chilling thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what an amazing read, 23 Dec. 2013
This book was fantastic i loved every page. The book got me interested in the first few pages which is somthing i love in a book.

The story line is amazing it twitst and turns all the way through the book. But be warned its is quite scary in parts and it had me scared anyway.

The style in which the author writes is is fantastic they keep you interested in what you are reading i found it very easy to read and understand and i thought the story line was very easy to belive.

All in all a very great story and i would recommend this book to everyone its one of the best books i have read on here.

TORN
TORN

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read loved every page, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: TORN (Kindle Edition)
Wow I loved this book short stories are not something I usually read but this one grabbed me with the books cover and the description and this book did not disappoint it was a fantastic read and I loved every page although it did not take me that long to read the story line kept me interested and kept me reading.

The style in which the author writes in is beautiful and they really get you imagination going I never wanted to put the book down I read it all in one go I just wanted to read what was going to happen next. I found this book very easy to read and understand.

One of the things I look for in a book is for the author to get you interested in the first few pages and this book did certainly did that. From the first page I knew it was going to be a really interesting read I would recommend this book to everyone interested in adult romance genre. I hope there is more to come from this author simply because of the way the author writes.

SAS Para-Ops Book #1: Many Dead Bankers
SAS Para-Ops Book #1: Many Dead Bankers

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book loved every page, 13 Dec. 2013
This book is a fantastic read I could not put it down. One of the things I found good was the fact that the action started in the first few pages which is something I love in a book. Although this book only took me 2 hours to read it was the most fun I have ever had reading a book this size.

The style in which the author writes in is beautiful it keeps you griped to the story and just wanting to read more. I found it very easy to read and the story line is brilliant it twists and turns all the way through and the author has a great ability to get your imagination going I felt like I was there in the book the detail that the author puts into his writing is fantastic.

I would recommend this book to everyone for a short book it is just as gripping and exciting as a 600 page book in my opinion. I hope to see more from this author simply because of the style that they write in and the fact that they keep you interested in what you are reading.

The Model's Bible
The Model's Bible
by R. C. Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Mine Of Info On Being A Model, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Model's Bible (Paperback)
This book is a gold mine of information if you are looking into being a model. The book is beautifully written and very easy to understand. I got this eBook just looking for a little bit of information on being a model and I was truly amazed at the amount of information that I found.

The book really goes into detail about the topic's which helps you really understand how things work in the model industry. This book breaks down all the different types of work you can get as a model which helps you decide on where you should start your modeling career and gives you great advice on what to do and what not to do. One of the parts I found most helpful and interesting was the part on how to interact with the model agencies and it gives you great advice on how to handle the people you are dealing with.

Casting is one of the things I did want to learn about and this book goes in to so much detail that I fully understood everything I was reading. The thing that got me about casting was how to act when you went in there do you act like you think they want you to or do you just be yourself? Well this book tells you and gives you great advice on how to present yourself to them in a positive way.

Another thing that worried me about modeling was the scams out there and not falling into their traps. This book reassured me that there are very easy ways to avoid them and pick out the good from the bad. The other great thing about this book is the Global Top Model Agencies List which includes all the contact details of all the best modeling agencies in the world.

This book is a fantastic place to start your modeling career. The information in this eBook is perfect and very easy to read with great advice on the world of fashion. You really get a sense of the author's achievements and experiences. All in all a must have eBook if you are looking into being a model.

Cosmic Aviators® - Book 1 - Flight Edition (Cosmic Aviators® Series)
Cosmic Aviators® - Book 1 - Flight Edition (Cosmic Aviators® Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Star wars for kids great story, 7 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this book it is a great story. I got the feeling when reading this book that is was like a children's star wars because of the story line taking the path that it does it makes for a really interesting and exciting story. This book grabbed me in the first few page and I could not put it down. The adventure that Nathaniel and his friend take in the book is really great I love this sort of adventure book it keeps you guessing as to what will happen next.

The book is beautifully written and the author has a great ability to keep you interested in what you are reading I found it really easy to read and understand. The style in which the book is written made me feel like I was there with Nathaniel and Tyler and it really got my imagination going.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who likes this sort of story I am going to look out for more books by this author simply because of the style that they write in it just makes you want to carry on reading and I hope there will be a second book to follow this great story. All in all a great book in my opinion.

by Brendan Gerad O'brien

5.0 out of 5 stars great book i really enjoyed reading this book, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dreamin' Dreams (Paperback)
This is a great book with loads of very good short stories. This book is beautifully written the author has a great ability to keep you reading and make's sure you understand everything that is going on I found it really easy to read.

My favourite story in this book is the last confessions of farther stone this story is such an interesting read about a priest trying to get through to a young tearaway. It reminded me a little of myself when I was young this stories clearly has a message and so do some of the other stories in the book.

I would recommend this book to everyone there are so many brilliant stories in this book that it will keep you reading for hours has it did me. I will be on the lookout for more books by this author simply because they have a great ability to keep you reading and to get your imagination going which makes it very easy for you to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book i really enjoyed reading this, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dreamin' Dreams (Kindle Edition)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3