Profile for Randal_Flagg > Reviews

Randal_Flagg

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and well written, 10 July 2014
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book.I'm normally sceptical about books that are made into 'major motion pictures' but I was pleasantly surprised. Well written and very descriptive, it was a good read.

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

1.0 out of 5 stars Freezes constantly....., 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Really disappointed with this app. Constantly freezing during play which is frustrating. At the end of the game the app freezes so that you can't do anything more with the game. Previous games and aren't saved statistics are lost.
This is a paid for app. At the moment I wouldn't waste my money until these bugs are fixed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 3:58 PM GMT

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 28 Nov. 2013
Really engrossed- shame there weren't more levels go enjoy! Can't wait until the next one comes out, please let it be soon!

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitting sequel to The Shining, 2 Oct. 2013
First a complaint about Amazon. Being a King fan, I used their pre-ordering service to ensure that I'd have the book as soon as it came out. Also, as it happened,the day before my holiday. Well, this is the second time I've used this and yet again they let me down by not delivering on the promised date. NEVER AGAIN!!! Bought the book at the airport instead and amazon's copy will be going straight back as soon as I'm back in the UK.

Onto the book- a fitting follow up to the story of Danny Torrence and what he has become since his nightmare at The Overlook Hotel. Fans may tire of the many references to the back story but the book has to cater for those who may be reading about Danny for the first time.
Without giving spoilers, Rose The Hat is a truly chilling villan, although I would have liked some more about her background and how she joined up with the True Knot. I found Abra to be believable as well as her parents and King gets just right the measure of confusion and fear they must feel regarding their daughter's abilities.
The pace is fast and time passes quickly but this makes for a gripping read.