Profile for dazfuller > Reviews

Content by dazfuller

dazfuller "dazfuller" (Derby, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sony MDR-ZX110 Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX110 Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable with good sound quality, 21 Jan. 2017
I'll be honest I'm not running rich sound through these, mostly just streaming music whilst I'm sat at work or watching YouTube videos at home without disturbing others. But they feel really comfortable to wear and I prefer the sound with these compared to my in ear headphones, and for the price they're amazing

Uten® 46pcs Fondant Sugarcraft Cake Decorating Plunger Cutters Icing Modelling Tool Kit Set with Rolling Pin, Smoother, Embosser Mold Mould Tools
Offered by iventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, but good enough, 2 Jan. 2017
Bought this so I could decorate a cake for my daughter's 5th birthday. The parts feel pretty cheap but they work well and for a kit to get me started quickly it was great. I'll probably upgrade to better rolls as and when they break but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Sugru Mouldable Glue - Black & White (Pack of 8)
Sugru Mouldable Glue - Black & White (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life, 2 Jan. 2017
I'm firmly now of the belief that if you can't fix it with Sugru then you don't fully understand Sugru. Used it now to fix a cupboard door handle, secure some paper holders to the side of a cabinet, and created a couple of hooks for saucepan lids.

Vivo © 105pcs Marble Run Race Construction Maze Ball Track Building Blocks Game Xmas
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Jan. 2017
A lot of fun to put together and to play

Seben 700-76 Reflector Telescope huge Big Pack incl.
Seben 700-76 Reflector Telescope huge Big Pack incl.
Offered by Seben GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 2 Jan. 2017
Just terrible. Assembly was pretty straight forward despite the poor instructions so we put it together in about 20 minutes. Took it out for a spin and that's where it just crashed and burned.

There is no fine control for lateral movement which means you have to loosen the screw and move it by hand. Once you've got it lined up (if you do) tightening the screw moves it again, so you have to line it up with the object off to one side.

It took ages to even get the moon in sight and then the image quality was pretty poor. And guess what, the earth rotates and the moon orbits so you quickly find yourself having to hand align it all again.

I can't stress this point enough. Save your money and purchase something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2017 3:27 PM GMT

Very British Problems: Making Life Awkward for Ourselves, One Rainy Day at a Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 27 April 2016
Someone pointed this book out to me and so I was naturally committed to purchase it in order to avoid offending them. Rather glad I did now as I now realise that I am not alone in experiencing these debilitating acts of Britishness without resorting to engaging in some conversation about feelings out personal issues.

Diver (TM) Waterproof MP3 Player. 4 GB. Kit Includes Waterproof Earphones. NEW. (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for pool or just out and about., 27 Dec. 2015
Disclaimer: I was sent this product for free to review, the review and opinions expressed below are my own.

I've been looking around for a while for a waterproof MP3 player for my wife, she likes to go swimming a lot and the music they play at the pool is either terrible or barely audible. I played around with the device for a couple of days first under more normal situations, listening in the car plugging it into the audio connector and walking around town where it was kind enough to poor it down; it worked well and sounded fine although the headphones aren't great, but then they're not meant for high quality audio output. When swimming, the device functioned as expected although the some experimenting with the supplied headphone buds is required as getting the wrong size means some leakage. The only real issue encountered was getting the volume right; the device has + and - buttons which serve to skip tracks (short press) and change volume (long press), finding the right button when swimming and getting it to the right volume is tricky.

Pros:
+ Good small and compact design
+ Device operation is pretty simple
+ It's waterproof
+ Comes with a choice of earbuds
+ Copying music onto the device is simple (I'm running OSX and using iTunes and it's just a simple drag and drop into Finder)
+ Clip is nice and strong without being difficult to use
+ Good build quality

Cons:
- Volume setting can be tricky
- Audio jack is also USB connector meaning that a special cable is required, so keep the one you get safe
- Album ordering appears to be based on order in which they're copied onto the device

In all I really like this device and so does my wife, it's simple to use and does the job it's meant to. I'd also be comfortable taking this out walking if I knew I was likely to be getting wet. If this one somehow managed to become misplaced I'd definitely look at purchasing another one.

Everstar
Everstar
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh please, please do more of these, 15 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Everstar (Amazon Video)
My 3yo and 5yo loved this (as did their daddy) amazing pilot of a lost-in-space type adventure. I mean, why would an advanced civilisation only make vessels where you could fire your weapons side-on? Who cares, it's just too much fun to worry about stuff like that :)

Domino's Pizza
Domino's Pizza

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Domino's Pizza (App)
When it's working this is a great way to order pizza when I'm to tired to cook anything. But then the service starts looking for the updated version when released to the App Store and Google Play but doesn't take into account that the Kindle version hasn't been updated (which is odd as Kindle Fire OS is basically Android!).

But it works nice enough one updated that I keep it installed and try to use it first before booting up the laptop (navigating to the website from Kindle gets you into a vicious loop where the website keeps trying to get you to install the app)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I can finally get more than 10 metres from a power point, 26 Feb. 2015
I've only has this for a few days but it's like getting my phone back. I'm a moderate user of my phone and so I'm not getting 48 hours like some but I am getting a full days usage again whereas my old battery needed charging 3-4 times a day, I'm also convinced that it's running a bit faster as well.

Some people have said that the charge time is quite long but I've not noticed this.

Turned up promptly, slotted straight in and I was up and running. It was well packaged with minimal paper work but what there was is useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3