Profile for cjw > Reviews

cjw

Fitflop Women's Super T Low-Top Sneakers, French Navy, 7 UK
Fitflop Women's Super T Low-Top Sneakers, French Navy, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jun. 2014
Best shoes I have had for ages- supremely comfortable and look great too- not a common combination! I would highly recommend these.

PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger Triple USB Output for Apple iPhone 5S 5 5c 4S, iPod Touch, iPad Air, Mini (Apple lightning adapters Not included) / Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4, 3, 2 / HTC One M8 / Google Nexus 4, 5, 7; Nokia ; Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen; LG G3; Sony Xperia Z3, Z2 [Designed for Apple and Android Devices]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 Jun. 2014
Used this for a 3 day trip to a festival, it kept my iphone charged all weekend and felt much safer than having to use those charging stations at £5 a go. It has almost paid for itself already but I look forward to using this at other festivals, and also on a long flight.

Olivia Round Ceramic Table Lamp
Olivia Round Ceramic Table Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Olivia Round Ceramic Table Lamp
Very nice quality product, looks really gorgeous, arrived quickly. We will enjoy using this for years, definitely worth the price.

Cutting For Stone
Cutting For Stone
by Abraham Verghese

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book I read in 2011, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cutting For Stone (Paperback)
I have never written a review on Amazon before but I enjoyed "cutting for stone" so much that I find myself logging on to write about it, hopefully to encourage others to enjoy this wonderful novel. The story is riveting, and the characters well drawn. The unfolding plot is intricate but so beautifully interwoven that not a word is redundant. For me, however, the unique feature of this book is the medical detailing. I am a doctor and nothing irritates me more than novels that include inaccurate or unnecessary medical detail. Abraham Verghese, on the contrary, allows his passion for medicine (and, better still, for the caring side of medicine) to shine through the story, underpinning the unfolding drama but never in a way that is extraneous or intrusive. I sat up into the night to finish this book, and I still keep finding my mind turning to the characters. All in all, this is definitely the most enjoyable and satisfying read of 2011 for me.