Profile for Mr R Young > Reviews

Content by Mr R Young

Mr R Young

Dash Cam, ELEPHAS B118 1080P FULL HD In Car Dashboard Camera and Driving Recorder with 170° Wide Angle G-Sensor WDR Motion Detection Crystal Clear and Night Vision Car DVR, Capacitor Version No Internal Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality videos - inconspicuous., 5 Feb. 2016
Set up was quite straight forward but was hampered by the instructions in the box which were (for me) too small to read. I found a copy on line - search for "dashcamtalk.com/b40" and printed them large size. Also getting in the way of set up was the unfortunate poor English and grammar of the instructions e.g. "Turned short can be a key to turn off the screen". I eventually found it better to plug the Dash Cam in and play around with it and then read the instructions.

The memory card I was using kept showing a card full error despite being re-formatted a number of times. I downloaded "SD Formatter" from "sdcard.org" and tried again and this time the memory card worked fine.

The video files created are .mov format which can be downloaded from the removed memory card or by plugging in a PC to the Dash Cam. As soon as the car is started the Dash Cam starts to record allowing you to forget it till needed.

So far the recorded videos seem clear and conversation in the car is clearly recorded. The licence plate of the car in front is recorded clear enough for verification if needed (UK number plates).

Install was easy attaching to the front screen. I'm not sure if the Dash Cam can be removed leaving the back plate on the screen in place or not - the instructions are enigmatic here with a tantalising "Bracket Connection Port" - "The connection bracket snaps bit". The cable is reasonably well hidden around the front screen and to the power.

Overall I'm happy with the quality of the videos, the small Dash Cam size and it's inconspicuousness, the only negative is the lack of clear instructions.

Windows 8 Upgrade Version
Windows 8 Upgrade Version
Offered by Software Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Upgrade, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 Upgrade Version (CD-ROM)
I successfully upgraded my Dell XP Professional SP3 to Windows 8.1. The upgrade was delivered next day using standard postage and had a nicely designed pack containing two DVDs for 32 and 64-bit systems and a credit card sized licence key. The installation was very straight forward without any problems.

With my new version running I am ignoring the tile page as it is of little help and removed the unwanted apps, most of them, and added a tile for the desktop and configured the system to start up with the desktop view. I found that all my personal files and the old windows user files still existed so there was no need to copy files from my back up copy – I had previously backed up all my personal files as a precaution.

The PC runs if anything faster that the old XP – applications start fast with no delay, so I’m very happy that the upgrade went so well and was so easy.

Previously I had ran the “Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant” to check what would and wouldn’t work. The report was good and few applications would need attention – that is but one. Despite the report showing that ‘Microsoft Office XP Professional’ had no negative comment the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ email organiser version 2002 does not work with Win 8.1 and I have had to use an alternative. I can’t justify the cost of a new version and sadly I must say goodbye to the program I have used everyday since 2002. So that was a serious disappointment.

Apart from that – all good and recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2015 2:43 PM GMT