Profile for Jamie G > Reviews

Jamie G

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TOTORO Black Decal Ghibli Laputa Jdm Anime Window Sticker
TOTORO Black Decal Ghibli Laputa Jdm Anime Window Sticker
Offered by mr wheel trims

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2016
Totoro lives on my land rover window!

Dance Crasher
Dance Crasher
Offered by ThePolarBear

5.0 out of 5 stars It's still one of my favourite collections. Just bought it on CD, 8 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Dance Crasher (Audio CD)
One of the first ska/rocksteady LPs I heard about 30 years ago. It's still one of my favourite collections. Just bought it on CD, love it!

Bone Tomahawk [DVD] [2016]
Bone Tomahawk [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful., 12 July 2016
This review is from: Bone Tomahawk [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Awful awful awful awful awful dreary dull boring nonsense. The 2nd worst film I've seen this year and I've even watched some Uwe Boll films!

Thin plot, bad dialogue, very little action. A waste of Kurt Russells time. A waste of my time that I will never get back. I'm so pleased I didn't pay to see it!

Whoever said that this was the best western since Unforgiven really needs slapping around the head - a lot!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2016 7:40 PM GMT

Max Schmeling - Fist of the Reich [DVD]
Max Schmeling - Fist of the Reich [DVD]
Dvd ~ Henry Maske
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Boll makes a good film!?!?!?, 2 July 2016
Well fancy that, Uwe Boll actually made a decent film! This is by far the best Boll film I've seen so far - which doesn't say much but it really is very watchable and dare I say it.... entertaining?

Some of the camera work is a bit iffy, the boxing scenes aren't as good as you see in rocky but over all Boll tells a good story. Highly recommended if you can pick it up for a few quid.

And just because it made me laugh, in the end credits there's someone called Max Wanko 😀😀😀

The Hateful Eight [DVD]
The Hateful Eight [DVD]
Dvd ~ Samuel L. Jackson

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan QT but I like Samuel Jackson and Kurt Russell, 3 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Hateful Eight [DVD] (DVD)
Quite simply the most yawntastic film of the year. I'm not a fan QT but I like Samuel Jackson and Kurt Russell. Even they can't save this dreary and boring film. I fell asleep twice during the first half!
I decided to generously give it two stars because it's a well made film, it's just boring.

Walking Deceased [DVD]
Walking Deceased [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Ogletree

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Walking Deceased [DVD] (DVD)
An absolute disaster. Some of the worst kind of terrible I've ever seen.
It gets one star because I borrowed it from a mate so I didn't have to pay for it. I would've figured out a way to give no stars otherwise.

Unforgiven (Yurusarezarumono) [DVD] [2014]
Unforgiven (Yurusarezarumono) [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Ken Watanabe

2.0 out of 5 stars I love my Westerns and I love my Jidaigeki, 5 Mar. 2015
I love my Westerns and I love my Jidaigeki. I found this film to be the diet coke of both genres. It doesn't really compare to Clint Eastwoods film and isn't a particularly gripping film in its own right. Worth watching once if you can pick it up cheap. Shame, I was really looking forward to seeing this one but was disappointed.

Inglorious Bastards (Alternate Sleeve) [DVD]
Inglorious Bastards (Alternate Sleeve) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Unknown Actor
Offered by Todays Great Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars His version along with a lot of his stuff is so pretentious it takes the enjoyment out of watching his films, 5 Mar. 2015
Quentin taratino is a complete self obsessed penis. His version along with a lot of his stuff is so pretentious it takes the enjoyment out of watching his films. That being said, the original Inglorious Bastards is a good fun B movie. I enjoyed the battle scenes with the never emptying magazines they use in their guns. One fantastic scene where the timing between an explosion and resulting soldier flying away on a wire had me laugh out loud!
Yes it's low budget but I enjoyed it and was worth the princely sum of £1.38 I paid for it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2016 6:55 PM BST

Zombie Hunter [DVD]
Zombie Hunter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Trejo
Offered by Global_Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Terrible!, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Zombie Hunter [DVD] (DVD)
I was going to say I was pleased I only paid £1.50 for this dvd but I still felt robbed.
Absolute pants! terrible acting, no plot, terrible dialogue, terrible CGI, terrible terribleness and an entire pile of awful.
If you see this to buy used for 0.01p then pass it by and get something else. But not that awful Cowboys and Zombies - that was just as bad.
It dishonours the spirit of good Zombie films.
Absolute S***TE!

The Prodigal Son [DVD]
The Prodigal Son [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yuen Biao

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent classic Wing Chun film!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Prodigal Son [DVD] (DVD)
This film along with Warriors Two are the best films of the time which showcased the Wing Chun style in Hong Kong cinema. One of my favourite kung fu films!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3