Profile for Rivernana > Reviews

Content by Rivernana

Rivernana

Baked in America: The generous art of brownies, cupcakes, whoopies, muffins and more
by David Lesniak

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Amazing, and a good read!!, 31 Oct. 2011
I love this book. I live in America, my daughter who lives in London has frequented the Outsider Tart, knows the Davids' and has raved about their goodies. When I heard they were going to have a book published about their tasty confections, I knew I wanted one. Well I got one, and I have never enjoyed a book of "home baked treats" more. It is so easy to follow, so many great basic tips and told with such a laid back attitude that you can't go wrong. Everything I have made so far has been superb, the pumpkin whoopies were a real hit at my sisters halloween party.
Only problem I have is there are only two of us to eat all these amazing desserts most of the time (I do have company lol) so my freezer is full.
As an added comment, I don't believe it's fair to give this book two stars just because the cover picture isn't what she thought it was. Nowhere does it say that it is a red velvet cake. Red velvet whoopies say it all, adjust!