Profile for Shane > Reviews

Content by Shane

Shane

Page: 1 | 2
UK-EDEALS - Top Quality Charger replacemnet for SAMSUNG NP-R519 AD-6019R LAPTOP MAIN CHARGER AC ADAPTER Ordinateur portable Adaptateurs Chargeur Pour with LEAD POWER CORD CABLE

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Laptop Charger, 26 Jun. 2013
Haven't had it long but so far has been a good replacement for my Samsung R519. Seems like a pretty sturdy charger much better than the one I had before so all in all I gave it a 4/5

Panasonic RP-HV094E-K Black In-Earphones with Neodymium Magnet
Panasonic RP-HV094E-K Black In-Earphones with Neodymium Magnet

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and .... Ok, 8 July 2012
These headphones are much like anything else you'd come across in a shop on the high street and for the price you're paying on here you surely are getting more than you bargain for but like all cheap headphones they break sooner or later. In my case it was sooner, after having them for little over 3 weeks I began hearing static in the left earphone. Me being naive thinking it was the music and that it had a low bitrate or something I then proceeded straight after to play a high quality FLAC file which was met with very heavy static in both earphones until eventually there was no sound at all. So I will say this, IT IS better to buy more expensive headphones than to buy cheap ones there is no getting around the fact that cheap = poorly built.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360)
Offered by MysticMinds

4.0 out of 5 stars SW: The Force Unleashed, 8 July 2012
I gave it four because it isn't as engaging as it could be. Don't get me wrong the story,characters, locations and even graphics are one of the best examples of star wars innovation in years. I have owned this game before for the Nintendo Wii, that version was far from perfect but it did have something this didn't, it let you ENGAGE your opponents whether they be mere storm troopers or fearsome Jedi Knights. Maybe it was the motion controls maybe it was the flow in which the story made its direction. But there is something obscenely disengaging about this title buy it but also try to enjoy it. Try hard.

Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360)
Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360)
Offered by TheGamery

4.0 out of 5 stars DMC 4, 22 Jun. 2012
With the upcoming new title in the series I thought I would give this one a go, FYI I only played DMC 1-3, thus far it has been fairly good if not a bit predictable in some parts. The graphics are pretty good considering this came out 4 years ago. The story is pretty average compared to the previous sequels story lines. But that isn't why I bought this, I bought this for the gory hack & slash experience, which has generally improved substantially it's a lot more fluid than before. The normal enemies are pretty easy but the boss fights are pretty epic. Overall I give this 4 stars and the fun factor being 5. A good buy.

Red Dead Redemption - Game of The Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Red Dead Redemption - Game of The Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than GTA? You bet your sweet bippy!, 16 Jun. 2012
First and foremost I will say I didn't buy this from Amazon but from a local game retailer. I'm also gonna start by stating that this review will be a mixture of scores/ratings and descriptions for each aspect of the game, so I'll split it into segments. Also, I will only be reviewing RDR if I get good feedback I'll add the Undead Nightmare and various DLC reviews.

Red Dead Redemption (RDR)

Story: 9/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Graphics: 9.5/10
Audio/Ambiance: 9/10
Characters: 10/10

Story: The tale of a former outlaw who will go to any lengths to get his family back, risking life and limb while trying to tame the dying wild west. What more can I say other than that John Marston is the biggest bad ass in gaming, he's a S.O.B who has only one goal in mind and he'll kill anyone and befriend the strangest of people to get what he wants. I won't spoil the story for people who haven't played the game... just know that it has quite the unexpected conclusion...

Gameplay: I'll start off with combat, combat is a huge part of RDR and as such requires it to be fluent of which it is in singleplayer, multiplayer on the other hand, well let's just say it's sketchy at best. People can apparently shoot though walls with early 1900's handguns from 100 ft away... Ok I'm exaggerating. The menu system is easy to use and especially good for quick access. I will agree that traveling can become boring if no random events pop up. However me personally I just like to admire the scenery.

Graphics: From the barren, dusty, craggy wasteland area surrounding armadillo. To the snowy hills in Twin Peaks you can't help but take note of the breathtaking scenery. One gripe about this is that when it's night time and you look up at the sky you see red and blue stars which personally I though looked kind of stupid. Other than that flawless, the horses and character models look great.

Audio/Ambiance: Great voice acting and general western feel to the game, some sounds occur at random times for unbeknownst reasons but other than that sheer bliss.

Characters: The reason I gave this a full house was purely because of the fantastic diversity in the primary characters that you meet along your escapade through the west. From drunken fools, to coked up doctors, to honest farm workers, to eccentric tonic swindlers, to all around crazy people (SETH!!!) :). RDR has a character that everyone can relate to in one way or another. Perfect 10!

All in all an excellent buy and great value for money.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Clean and Clear Deep Action Oil-Free Cream Wash, 150ml
Clean and Clear Deep Action Oil-Free Cream Wash, 150ml
Offered by EOS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cleanser, 15 Jun. 2012
I recommend using this once a day before you go to sleep any more than that it will have little to no effect. I'm a pre-adult so naturally I have a few spots around my face, nothing major. So I used this product for about a week and the redness of most of the spots had almost completely dissipated. So overall a good cleanser but must be used regularly.

DIGIFLEX Small Black USB Wired Optical Light Scroll Wheel Mice Mouse for PC Laptop Computer
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, 15 Jun. 2012
The mouse is actually bigger than I thought it would be taking up roughly about the palm of my hand. It has smooth feedback, although I did have to change the movement speed just a bit. It looks pretty sleek for a product this cheap. The only gripe I have is the LED light it can be a little annoying at times, there should be an option to either turn it off completely or dim the light a bit. But I have got to remember I paid £2 for this so I digress. Overall it's a good product at a great price.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Real Challenge, 15 Feb. 2012
This game came as a bit of a shock to me, I hadn't thought a game could challenge me so ruthlessly. If you haven't played any previous installment in the Ninja Gaiden series (like me) then this game will throw you into the heart of action, gore and violence... and you know what, I Love It!!!

If you want a full on challenging action experience where ninja wielding deadly weapons wait around every corner in a blood bath of pure hack and slash ecstacy then THIS is the game for you.

Ninety Nine Nights (Xbox 360)
Ninety Nine Nights (Xbox 360)
Offered by Revolution Media

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 15 Feb. 2012
This game is like a (decent) next gen version of the Kingdom Under Fire Series only it has more of a Japanese feel to it. Don't be put off by how old the game is or how some critics say that it gets repetitive, you will hardly notice that at all. One thing I will say is that this was a game well worth buying, if you're into the Kingdom Under Fire series then this is a must buy for any Xbox owner.

Saints Row 2 Classic (Xbox 360)
Saints Row 2 Classic (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saints Row 2, 4 Nov. 2011
Saints Row 2 has many pros and actually very few cons. I haven't played the first Saints Row but this game on it's own feels like an expansive game all in one package. You can customize your character in a highly detailed way such as facial features, tattoos, bling and a vast amount of extra clothing and accessories. I'm gonna be honest with you now...

I bought this game due to that I became intrigued by it's upcoming predecessor Saints Row The Third, however I most certainly won't be throwing this to one side when the third installation is released it is far to comedic and brilliant for that, whether it be the fun in game activities, cruising in your sports car, zipping around in a speedboat or soaring through the skies in a plane, helicopter or even a UFO ;).

Overall, even if you're a GTA fanboy (like me :P) Saints Row 2 and 3 will be excellent time killers up until the all important GTA V release. Thanks for reading.

Page: 1 | 2