Profile for Jean Anderson > Reviews

Content by Jean Anderson

Jean Anderson (Glasgow)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm, cosy but needing finished, 25 Sept. 2013
Lovely and cosy, great price compared to other 15 tog duvets. Couldn't give it the five it should deserve because I had to get the sewing box out and put it together when it arrived. Seams were not stitched properly and stuffing was falling out etc. Separating seam was undone halfway down one row and unraveling fast, meaning the stuffing could move about. However it only took me about 15 minutes to sort it all out and to be honest you get what you pay for and this is a lovely and warm duvet for the money.

Mercury SK1195 Wireless Remote Door Chime
Mercury SK1195 Wireless Remote Door Chime
Offered by ARMCO

4.0 out of 5 stars bargain price, 6 Jun. 2011
My old system finally gave out after 20 years and not wanting to spend a fortune I happened (eventually) on this one. It is a neat wee thing, and the chime is quite nice. It is definitely a bargain at £[] (free p&p).I have only given it a 4 because to get a five it would have needed to have the battery included. I must say the advert makes it quite clear there is no battery with the pack, but on the box it comes in there is a place for one and it has obviously been removed - so remember to add the price of those to your costs. Also, for those with less dexterity, the screw which holds the bell push onto the bracket is minute and I had to use the very smallest electricians screwdriver to open it and redo it once fitted to the wall. Neither are there wall screws or sticky fixits, so these also have to be to hand when putting it up. Having said all that I still think it is a great wee buy and would recommend it highly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 22 Oct. 2009
This is a lovely item to give as a gift as it came well wrapped and in a nice gift box. However, I bought my own - and it looks just perfect on my dressing table. I have had several comments about how nice it is. It cost me a third less on Amazon than it costs on the high street and as I am always looking for a bargain that makes it super OK by me. The colour in the picture is spot on and it catches the sunlight beautifully.

Trust 2.0 Speaker Set SP-2370 UK
Trust 2.0 Speaker Set SP-2370 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought them, 22 Oct. 2009
Great price, good sound, easy to use, look good on my desk. I am so glad I bought these. I can enjoy my favourite music whilst tip tapping away on my keyboard. Knowing I did not pay a fortune for them makes it all the more pleasurable

MI011 V-fit 2x1lb Ankle Wrist Weights
MI011 V-fit 2x1lb Ankle Wrist Weights

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 22 Oct. 2009
I cannot attest to what these weights would be like running or doing pilates as I am 60, severely arthritic and do not get up to much strenuous activity this weather. As such, I was looking for something which would give me a little resistence when I was doing my stretching exercises and these, 1lb per band, weights are just the ticket. They do not loosen when I do my thing, they are an ideal weight for a gentle workout, soft, flexible filling means they don't chaff and I am more than a little pleased with my purchase. They are also a bargain. If you are looking for designer chic then spend a huge amount more, but you won't get any better functionality. As for them splitting - I think that pure bad luck just happens now and then to perfectly good stuff.

Wahl Variable Temperature Curling Tong 32mm Ceramic Coated - ZX577
Wahl Variable Temperature Curling Tong 32mm Ceramic Coated - ZX577

5.0 out of 5 stars A prize at this price, 22 Oct. 2009
At the price these tongs are being sold at (5.99 +pp)there is nothing negative that can be said about them. I have used tongs that cost 5 times more and they do nothing different. They let you choose a heat setting, they let you know when that setting has been reached, which it does quickly, they have a good grip and easy hold nozzle etc.etc. They are for big curls which, if you have naturally straight longish hair, will never stay put for 24 hours no matter what you do (experience tells me this) but they do curl it well and I am delighted with them. What are you losing by buying them - nothing, but you are saving a great deal of money.

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 125 ml
Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 125 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about £8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2017 3:31 AM BST

Morphy Richards Bulldog Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner 70191
Morphy Richards Bulldog Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner 70191

4.0 out of 5 stars it is a work horse, 30 Dec. 2007
I was looking for a vacuum which matched my old Mondo in suction(the newer version is not half as good!) and after talking to every friend I know and searching for days on the net looking at specs and reviews etc. I finally settled on this one as it seemed to be the all rounder for my needs i.e. not expensive,(65.99) powerful and well recommended. I am so glad I did. It is great. It keeps its suction power, does not tip over like so many of the three wheelers do and is so inexpensive at the moment. I only gave it 4 stars (although I would like to have given it 41/2), because, as the others have commented - it really needs an automatic cord rewind. I have not had to rewind cord for so long I had forgotten just how tedious untangling it every time can be - so if anyone at Morphy Richards ever reads these, please note- it is the only fault in an otherwise super machine